Brake Checking - AI and Online

Just wondered, is there anything that can be done to combat brake checks in the game?

I often find my self mounting the car in front because they slow down suddenly and unnecessarily on a straight or corner. This is mostly present online, but occasionally the AI do it as well (especially when they have wing damage).

It's just very frustrating and I often find it's me who gets the warning/ penalty.

• Agree 1

Hi @DarkMarkXD,

Thanks for your posts.

In terms of 'brake checking', online is something out of our control, as it would be the players decision to respond to braking zones as and when they see fit, as in real life. In offline situations, drivers would bit a little more erratic with damage as the car would become a lot more unpredictable to handle (like real life).

However, if you can provide evidence (videos ideally) of offline moments where the cars are fine and just performing poorly, please add to this post and complete the below:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears

Many thanks

@DarkMarkXD if this does become a problem, I will move this to the Technical Assistance page as it would cross over to that section

Hi @BarryBL

Thanks for the reply. I'll investigate more with the AI and will post any videos in the Technical Assistance page.

Just to check though, is there no way to issue penalties to players online if they cause a collision after braking on a straight, perhaps at least 100m after a corner exit and at least 300m before a braking zone? That's my biggest gripe I'd say, people slamming on their brakes in a straight so I lose all or some of my front wing.

The problem is the AI when letting you past when you are the faster car, for example during qualifying or a blue flag decide to slow in the middle of the corner to let you past, the AI need programmed to only let you past before or after a corner rather than in the middle of it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is a problem. AI staying on the raceline and toatlly inpredictable in were they let you pass or when they break. I'm talking career since I hardly play online.

Edited by 1512marcel
  • Like 1

It is a problem, but only when you’re lapping cars. That doesn’t happen that often so not a major issue and easy to avoid the problem once you know to watch out for them slowing down on the racing line in corners.

• Like 1