Festive Challenges & Liveries – Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this December

All throughout December DiRT Rally 2.0 players will have an extra set of Events available in My Team, with all sorts of rewards on offer.

These Festive Challenges are available to all players, and take you on a holiday-themed tour of the game’s various cars and locations. One day you may be at Germany in your favourite R5, the next you’re lapping Abu Dhabi in a World RX Supercar, and who knows what comes after that…

If you haven’t picked up any of our premium post-launch content yet the Festive Challenges have you covered, as you can drive on various locations without owning the related DLC!

• Festive Challenge 1: December 1 – December 3
  • Festive Challenge 2: December 3 – December 6
  • Festive Challenge 3: December 6 – December 9
  • Festive Challenge 4: December 9 – December 12
  • Festive Challenge 5: December 12 – December 14
  • Festive Challenge 6: December 14 – December 16
  • Festive Challenge 7: December 16 – December 19
  • Festive Challenge 8: December 19 – December 21
  • Festive Challenge 9: December 21 – December 23
  • Festive Challenge 10: December 23 – December 24
  • Festive Challenge 11: December 24 – December 25
  • Festive Challenge 12: December 25 – December 26
  • Festive Challenge 13: December 26 – December 31
  • Festive Challenge 14: December 31 – January 1

In addition to the CR Boosts and the pride in climbing the Leaderboards (which we all know is the real prize here 😉), two one-off liveries have been created for the Festive Challenges.

On December 25 your reward will be the “Merry Cosworth” livery for the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500; this will be given to every player who completes the Festive Challenge for that day.

On December 31 your reward will be the “Wandering Star” livery for the Mitsubishi Space Star R5; this one is awarded to the Top 10% of players, however you will have up to 5 attempts to get there!

• Like 2

The idea of the event itself is great, but there are a few things i don't like:

1) On December 25th, most of us spend time with our family or leave and are unable to play. I am one of those people. Is it really necessary to play that particular day?

2) As a player who has a lot of responsibilities and i can afford to play in my free time, i don't like the idea of rewarding the top 10% of players. In the game i am the type of collector and i want to receive all rewards. I am sad that i may not receive something. 
Can it be changed somehow?

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Exxan said:

2) As a player who has a lot of responsibilities and i can afford to play in my free time, i don't like the idea of rewarding the top 10% of players. In the game i am the type of collector and i want to receive all rewards. I am sad that i may not receive something.  Can it be changed somehow?

While I get the point, why does everyone feel the need to have everything? Do people not enjoy the idea of earning things anymore or that certain items are limited to those who put in the time? The reason things become coveted in games and communities has a large part due to the fact that not everyone can have it. That adds to the value. Why not have a cool, limited livery for those who clear a certain hurdle? Would be much cooler IMO if it was an RX livery though because other people would actually see it too.

• Agree 1

As for the liveries, I’m ok with this if they are released for everyone before the desupport of the game. I think it is sad if the Wandering star livery is for the top arcade racers only. 😉

I think Codemasters should encourage more realistic driving skills instead, so I have have a better idea: Why not let the players have a «Merry Christmas» livery for every car they manage to go through a full rally calendar, that is 12 rallies with all 12 stages each, a total of 144 stages in custom championship during the month of December! All 144 stages must be completed, and no retirements allowed. This way everyone can have a «Merry Christmas» livery on their favourite cars.

Edited by Kjell007

20 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

Why not let the players have a «Merry Christmas» livery for every car they manage to go through a full rally calendar, that is 12 rallies with all 12 stages each, a total of 144 stages in custom championship during the month of December! All 144 stages must be completed, and no retirements allowed. This way everyone can have a «Merry Christmas» livery on their favourite cars

I'm totally down for an endurance livery, I love these kind of challenges with exclusives tied to results. The real problem with that though is wayyy less than 10% of players would get that livery. I would say even 1% achieving a full endurance calendar would be way above my expectations. While a lot of fast drivers have no problem hopping on occasionally to get into the top 10% on any given event, very few people are willing to put in the 432 minutes (7.2 hours) worth of racing time to even finish all 144 stages. And that # is completely low balling it since I just assumed 3 minutes per stage x 144 stages. In reality it's more like 9+ hours of driving.

Even broken up over an entire month most people couldn't achieve it. That would require you to complete 3 events per weekend, or 36 races in 48 hours. That is a lot of time for most people.

Edited by Mike Dee

26 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I'm totally down for an endurance livery, I love these kind of challenges with exclusives tied to results. The real problem with that though is wayyy less than 10% of players would get that livery. I would say even 1% achieving a full endurance calendar would be way above my expectations. While a lot of fast drivers have no problem hopping on occasionally to get into the top 10% on any given event, very few people are willing to put in the 432 minutes (7.2 hours) worth of racing time to even finish all 144 stages. And that # is completely low balling it since I just assumed 3 minutes per stage x 144 stages. In reality it's more like 9+ hours of driving.

Even broken up over an entire month most people couldn't achieve it. That would require you to complete 3 events per weekend, or 36 races in 48 hours. That is a lot of time for most people.

Jupp, but it is achievable for everyone if they just put their mind to it. 😊 I forgot to say that the 144 stages should be completed with full damage set to on as well. 😊 Rally is about endurance and keep the car in good enough shape to complete the events without terminal damage. I would even go longer: If you manage to get 5 «Merry Christmas» liveries, you should be rewarded a «New Years Evening» livery for you favourite car. That would be really rare, and should earn high respect among true rally purists. 😎👍🏻

18 hours ago, Exxan said:

The idea of the event itself is great, but there are a few things i don't like:

1) On December 25th, most of us spend time with our family or leave and are unable to play. I am one of those people. Is it really necessary to play that particular day?

2) As a player who has a lot of responsibilities and i can afford to play in my free time, i don't like the idea of rewarding the top 10% of players. In the game i am the type of collector and i want to receive all rewards. I am sad that i may not receive something. 
Can it be changed somehow?

Yeah, event is OK, three days window is a nonsense. It's like Forza Horizon 4 again 😄 The forums are the same. It's not normal to play every day or every three days. It's pretty dumb game design. What about job? What about family? What about different games? What about social life? There is a lot of stuff to do in your life. Do I have time to do 14 challenges? Sure! But in my schedule.

1 day window is even worse and in that time...

10 % window? I don't know, it's a Christmas gift so... it's pretty strange. Can I do it? Probably. Is it fair for fans? No.

Edited by Johnnnn
  • Agree 2

just in case anyone is wondering... the top 10% is Tier 1. so this is no different from the Fire Up That Car Again achievement, except you're (probably) not forced to use one of the most difficult to control cars in the game.

it's nice that all the DLC locations will be open to everyone.

2 hours ago, ianism said:

just in case anyone is wondering... the top 10% is Tier 1. so this is no different from the Fire Up That Car Again achievement, except you're (probably) not forced to use one of the most difficult to control cars in the game.

it's nice that all the DLC locations will be open to everyone.

Do you think that Oculus users are included in that everyone or will they be left out just like the world championship and the DLC access?

Ironically, I feel those are some of the most realistic fictional liveries added yet - kudos to their designer.

• Agree 1

On 11/28/2019 at 3:52 AM, Kjell007 said:

I think Codemasters should encourage more realistic driving skills instead, so I have have a better idea: Why not let the players have a «Merry Christmas» livery for every car they manage to go through a full rally calendar, that is 12 rallies with all 12 stages each, a total of 144 stages in custom championship during the month of December! All 144 stages must be completed, and no retirements allowed. This way everyone can have a «Merry Christmas» livery on their favourite cars.

just FYI in case anyone is interested in this type of thing:

there is currently a championship just like this going on in Clubs. all 12 rallies, all 12 stages in each. In the regular forum club - the official forum club organized by CM. and it's R5 class so you get to drive the cars that make big vroom vroom too.

There are only 8 hours left of the first event in Monaco though at the time of writing this so would suggest trying to finish Monaco ASAP. only noticed this event yesterday else i would have posted sooner. 

club here: https://www.dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179040

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

just FYI in case anyone is interested in this type of thing:

there is currently a championship just like this going on in Clubs. all 12 rallies, all 12 stages in each. In the regular forum club - the official forum club organized by CM. and it's R5 class so you get to drive the cars that make big vroom vroom too.

There are only 8 hours left of the first event in Monaco though at the time of writing this so would suggest trying to finish Monaco ASAP. only noticed this event yesterday else i would have posted sooner. 

club here: https://www.dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179040

DR2_Club_Location_Sweden.jpg

Mentioned it in the Roadbook today 🙂 

• Agree 1

Rather than a CR boost, of which I have to much already, I'd love to have a car research boost. Especially the RX cars take way too long to upgrade.

Still, looking forward to receiving the liveries!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Splendid! Now if there were liveries, CR or something for competing, that would be great. 🙂 I like being a millionair, so I’m building up my CR, soon reaching 40,000,00! 🤠

So, I saw the update hit my Steam install, but there has been no update to my Oculus install for 22 days.  Am I going to be able to do this challenge on both accounts? 

On 11/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, NateFink said:

Do you think that Oculus users are included in that everyone or will they be left out just like the world championship and the DLC access?

doubt it.

tenor.gif

• Agree 1

On 11/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, PJTierney said:

Are Oculus users locked out here, or is there a bug stopping it from updating?

12 hours ago, NateFink said:

Are Oculus users locked out here, or is there a bug stopping it from updating?

Oculus users can take part in Club Events, however you already know the situation regarding Club Events that use DLC locations.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:52 PM, PJTierney said:

All throughout December DiRT Rally 2.0 players will have an extra set of Events available in My Team, with all sorts of rewards on offer.

Yeah it would be awesome if it would not be for the little insignificant detail that in VR with heavy snow or heavy rain you cannot see the track and you have to retire from the event.
With heavy rain it is like racing the car under the Niagara falls ..... if on top of it you have the magic combo night + heavy rain the only option is to retire.
Lots of fun isnt it ?

Please PJ listen to us and do something for curbing the weather effect in VR or simply allow VR players to disable the weather effects entirely.
I am not talking, of course, about the track conditions (which should not change) but only about the intensity of the weather graphical effects that really needs to be curbed down extensively. 

Edited by koog2003

On 11/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, Kjell007 said:

Splendid! Now if there were liveries, CR or something for competing, that would be great. 🙂 I like being a millionair, so I’m building up my CR, soon reaching 40,000,00!

I'd love to be able to do the same thing man if only I would not have to retire from events when there is heavy rain or heavy snow because like all the other VR players I am unable to see the track ...
It is ages we are saying this thing and so far we did not get any answer. I keep on trying and I dont give up. This game is AMAZING but desperately needs fixes to make it enjoyable for all the players despite their gaming platform.