Festive Challenges & Liveries – Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this December

Let me make a wild prediction: none of these festive challenges will involve driving a DLC car on a vanilla stage.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Let me make a wild prediction: none of these festive challenges will involve driving a DLC car on a vanilla stage.

*checks list*

This is correct.

Several Events use DLC Locations (as Promo Challenges) but all use base-game car Classes.

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

it's because they can open up DLC locations to players that do not have them, but they cannot open up DLC car classes.

this is because it's my team. so if for example they allow players to use the F2 Kit Cars, the players without this DLC would either:

- have to be allowed to purchase a kit car from the dealer for the event, possibly allowing them to use it later, or

- not be allowed to purchase one, thus preventing them from entering the event at all.

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Meanwhile in the real world Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 have a system where you can drive dailies with loanee cars that you have not bought. Meanwhile in the real world all players have DLC cars sitting on their hard drive whether they have the DLC or not. You are overthinking so hard your head is going to explode

Oh yeah, would be so awful if players with no DLC were not able to enter events that use DLC. Imagine if players with no DLC, or even deluxe players, were not able to enter events that use base game content only. Imagine if players who bought DLC could not drive their DLC cars in online events because there are no online events with DLC cars.

Edited by HoksuHoo

5 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Meanwhile in the real world Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 have a system where you can drive dailies with loanee cars that you have not bought. Meanwhile in the real world all players have DLC cars sitting on their hard drive whether they have the DLC or not. You are overthinking so hard your head is going to explode

Oh yeah, would be so awful if players with no DLC were not able to enter events that use DLC. Imagine if players with no DLC, or even deluxe players, were not able to enter events that use base game content only. Imagine if players who bought DLC could not drive their DLC cars in online events because there are no online events with DLC cars.

I'm not overthinking anything. you are just misunderstanding me: I am not saying that this is how it should be. I'm just explaining how the game seems to work because I've been playing for a long time and thus I have pretty good educated guesses regarding what's going on "under the hood".

I think the loaner cars thing from Dirt 4 (didn't play much of DR) was really good, even though I hated most of the liveries you had to choose from. it would be nice to see it implemented here, but I don't see that happening.

EDIT: just started up the game for the first time in a week or two to enter the first festive challenge. I picked the Polo, and apparently the last time I drove it I was a bit, shall we say, uncautious

20191202163823_1.thumb.jpg.6c260622bd18840b3e7d4af02595e8ef.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

*checks list*

This is correct.

Several Events use DLC Locations (as Promo Challenges) but all use base-game car Classes.

Does Oculus get access to this?