Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Codemasters has now bought Project Cars Studio SMS Slightly Mad Studios

On 11/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, FOneFanatic said:

How do you figure on this one. SMS Project CARS is an joke, and a complete waste of time. I have this down as the worse racing game ever produced, and I know my racing games, as these are the only types of games I play.  If anything the producers of the pinnacle of the motorsports will have more than a thing or two to teach this very wet-behind-the-ear studio.  I have Project Cars Two (and One) and uninstalled the thing for lake of descent physics in tires and car handling. How can you produce a game and say it's geared towards wheel users only, paying only scant tribute to controller users?! Duh! Some claim the game is packed with advanced physics and is aimed at hardcore users; I beg to differ. The game is a complete flop in all directions that's why they had to give it to up to a stuido that can pump some life into their complete lack of how to programe game physics, espeically wheel to tarmac interactions.  Plus they simply didn't have the budget to produce another third-tier failure that would have been Project CARS 3.  I look forward to seeing how Codemasters improves on this fledgling game.  Andy Tudor made a great face saving move here, for once!   

none of that is my experience with either pcars one or two and im on controller. Sounds like you never paid attention to the track temp, tire temp, or adjusting you tire pressures and car setups for both.

Edited by kevinkirk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, kevinkirk said:

none of that is my experience with either pcars one or two and im on controller. Sounds like you never paid attention to the track temp, tire temp, or adjusting you tire pressures and car setups for both.

To be fair pcars 1 on controller was NOT user friendly..... I literally HAD to buy a wheel to play it. Which was a good thing BTW cos then all my racing was more fun and realistic. The rest of the comment is definitely 'debatable' to say the least though.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

To be fair pcars 1 on controller was NOT user friendly..... I literally HAD to buy a wheel to play it. Which was a good thing BTW cos then all my racing was more fun and realistic. The rest of the comment is definitely 'debatable' to say the least though.

yea, it keep you on your toes, but I loved pcars 2 controller handling. I didnt even change much from the default settings in pcar 2. The first thing I had to do in both games was run with little to no front downforce. 

• Like 1

I thought that the addition of "Evolution Studios, DriveClub" would help in some areas

(graphically DriveClub was outstanding with great weather effects and a real feel for speed)

but I can't see any difference at all.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, likewise said:

I thought that the addition of "Evolution Studios, DriveClub" would help in some areas

(graphically DriveClub was outstanding with great weather effects and a real feel for speed)

but I can't see any difference at all.

Cheshire didn't magically get forced into other Codies studios. They created ONRUSH which used a completely new engine that had at least some parts taken from EGO, after which they've been put on support role.

It was also said by the Cheshire team that some of these graphical things could be used in future EGO titles as well, but like always, only the developers know the difference well.

• Like 1