Sign in to follow this  

[FEATURE] player name on car window

You know where McRae/Grist etc is on rear window, but it would be player name, not sure about codriver (always P.Coleman? )

This would be pretty rad, iRacing does the same sort of thing. Perhaps you could also pick your codriver's name, and add optional nationality flags to both names.

This would be pretty rad, iRacing does the same sort of thing. Perhaps you could also pick your codriver's name, and add optional nationality flags to both names.
It could actually be packaged up with your chosen or givin number, event door backers w/number (if that's what they are called) for each event, and your name and country.  Basically this is the standard decal package that is required for every rally event in the world.

gfRally said:
You know where McRae/Grist etc is on rear window, but it would be player name, not sure about codriver (always P.Coleman? )
They will not be able to do this as they never did it for F1 when we asked for the past 5 years or so and now codies way around is being annoying is not even driving yourself and picking an IRL driver.

I'd be happy with the co-driver's name being P. Coleman (if/until there are more co-driver voices to choose from) if I could have my name and flag on the windows.

This would be a great addition to come along with the Rallycross update (applying to Rally and Hillclimb as well)

This needs to be added but be careful not to do what mini did you the Irish flag
on Kris Meeke's co drivers name... He's not from the Ivory Ioast :lol: 
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/kris-meeke-paul-nagle-23032722.jpg

Didn't Grid do this? Or is it something else i'm thinking of...?
The first three Race Driver games, as well as TOCA World Touring Cars, did this. GRID and later games did not.

That said, it'd also be nice to be able to pick my own car number, too.

Oh this would be fantastic! True player immersion taken to another level! :p

Would be a nice small feature to type in your own and the co-drivers name plus nationality. Same for the numberplates :)

Would love to name the Co-driver aswell. Me and my brother always dreamt of having our own rallyteam and to have our own names on a car. We wanted to compete and change the roles each time.. so i would be the co-driver for him and he would be the co-driver for me :)

There is another poll with idea of multiplayer co-driver mode, so in Single Player it should be always P.Coleman (or another co-driver if some will be added in future), but in this mode it should change to second player name.

Oh - and ofc for players who like to use custom liveries, there should be option to turn this feature off.

Reub09 said:
gfRally said:
They will not be able to do this as they never did it for F1 when we asked for the past 5 years or so and now codies way around is being annoying is not even driving yourself and picking an IRL driver.
FOM's licensing terms are likely a lot more restrictive than whoever they're having to deal with for Dirt Rally, though.