DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2 - Fix weather massive problems in VR

Since again me and the other VR players are again being completely ignored despite posting dozens of posts proving that it is IMPOSSIBLE to play with heavy rain or snow while in VR in this game, I am posting this once again. We cannot play like that you have to listen to us Codemasters. Weather conditions in VR are making the game unplayable .... we cannot see the bloody track guys !

Enough is enough you have either to:

- Remove the weather (heavy rain, heavy snow) from the VR game entirely
- Curb the effect a lot so we can finally SEE the track 

How many million times do we have to prove/ask for it ? I have bought the game 3 times (Oculus, Steam and PS4) with all the DLCs. How much money do I have to pay before being heard exactly ?

This bs is completely ruining my experience and the one of all the other VR players you sold the game to ! Enough please take action why are we getting penalized ?

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

gonna push this topic, because I can hardly see anything! FPS also drops down below acceptable levels in VR when it's raining or snowing

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, joxxor said:

gonna push this topic, because I can hardly see anything! FPS also drops down below acceptable levels in VR when it's raining or snowing

You have to lower your settings, simple as. If the frame rate drops below whatever your particular headset uses, rain looks awful. I use an oculus rift cv1, and as long as i am at a solid 90fps constantly without the framerate halving to 45, rain is not an issue at all.

A couple of videos i did in the rain and snow.

And a video showing stable 90fps, and how bad things get if the fps drops.

Tune your graphics on a night stage with heavy rain. Turn vehicle details to low, ground cover to low or medium at most. Textures to medium or low, reflectuins and mirrors to low, and screen space reflections to off. Then play around from there. The settings i listed i found to cause the most issues when turned on or set above low, while playing in vr.

Edited by Ialyrn

thx so far. already found out: lowering shader level to low eliminates rain drops and snow on the windshield. Clear Sight!

Despite improving performance a lot 😉 

8 hours ago, joxxor said:

thx so far. already found out: lowering shader level to low eliminates rain drops and snow on the windshield. Clear Sight!

Yeh, its best to leave shaders on and lower the other settings i mentioned instead. Shaders on low just makes the game look like it should be on the ps2.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, joxxor said:

Thanks... but this is not a solution (for me); I want to see rain drops, but not in this way. If I have a good PC I want to put shaders "on" (high), the difference is _BIG_ against shaders low.

Codemasters don't think in VR, we are a few (compared to a lot of people in PS4 and Xbox), but growing... And CS made nothing to fix VR bugs. It's a pitty.

Anyway, thanks again about that workaround 😉

Edited by cestomano

28 minutes ago, cestomano said:

Thanks... but this is not a solution (for me); I want to see rain drops, but not in this way. If I have a good PC I want to put shaders "on" (high), the difference is _BIG_ against shaders low.

Codemasters don't think in VR, we are a few (compared to a lot of people in PS4 and Xbox), but growing... And CS made nothing to fix VR bugs. It's a pitty.

Anyway, thanks again about that workaround 😉

I think you misread what I wrote, I advise leaving shaders turned on; because on low the game looks awful.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I think you misread what I wrote, I advise leaving shaders turned on; because on low the game looks awful.

Upsss... I went to quote joxxor comment without realizing you answered him (I saw his answer in mobile phone and I answered in computer)... Sorry!

In fact, I misread your answer.

Fixed!

Edited by cestomano