Qualifying tyre pressure

Hi

Am I wrong but I sure we should be able to adjust tyre pressure in Q1 to Q3.

I am sure in F1 on TV, I heard it a few times.

Even today I heard it.

I think you’re referencing how the tire pressures fluctuate based on the tire temps.  I maybe be wrong but it’s my understanding that starting tire pressures I.e. how much air pressure the tire has at ambient or at the pre-heated temps (100C for the fronts and 80C for the rears) can only be changed during parc ferme if the weather changes from dry to wet or vise versa.  Or you may have tire pressure and tire temps confused as this is what they’re usually trying to manage and play around with during qualifying.  It’s a trade off of trying to get the fronts hot enough for T1 but keeping them cool enough for the 3rd sector to achieve optimal performance throughout the entire lap.

rules on tyre pressure are the same as everything else under parc ferme..

only if there is rain before the race (qualify in dry and race start is wet) are they allowed to change

Well i don't think that in real f1 all compounds in a weekend use the same pressures anyway. 
At least i'm sure wets and inters don't. Yet in the game you set your tire pressures for all 5 compounds available on a track at the same time. 

Also tires that get worn tend to overheat in the game instead of cool down. 

Hi

If you watch the Saturday Qualifying you will hear Chan say, the only thing max can do to solve his tyre issue is adj tyre pressure & front wing or brake bias.

I am now waiting on the rerun so I can make sure I was not hearing things.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Hygradeb said:

Hi

If you watch the Saturday Qualifying you will hear Chan say, the only thing max can do to solve his tyre issue is adj tyre pressure & front wing or brake bias.

I am now waiting on the rerun so I can make sure I was not hearing things.

Yep, you are right. One of the few things teams can change is tire pressure. Changing tire pressure is NOT under Parc Ferme. Reason being, it was argued  teams can change tire pressure because of a safety concern. So, team can change the pressure during and after qualifying regardless if it rains or not. Teams are not allowed to change tire pressure during the race. 

• Agree 1

Thanks.

I did get to watch the f1 and in Q section he did say.

I am trying to find this online in the rules but no luck so far.