Jump to content

Is DLC available in career?

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this has been asked on here before, but I'm only just thinking about getting Dirt Rally 2.0 and haven't been on the Dirt forum since last year.

Are the DLC locations from Dirt Rally and cars available to use in career mode?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - your season will always choose 6 random rallies from the ones you have access to - I’m not sure how RX works, but guessing something similar.

 

I'm a big fan of the randomisation as it means no two seasons are alike 

Edited by RodgerDavies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

They are added in the rotation randomly

Great, thanks.

It looks like some of the DLC content is exclusive to the season packs. I can buy five of the six locations from Dirt Rally, but not Sweden and buy some of the cars in the packs, but not all of them.

Am I correct in thinking that some of it is only available in the packs, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, can the DLC cars be used in career? 

On the Microsoft Store it says "(car name) can be used through My Team, Custom and Time Trial"

Does this mean that career is now called "My Team", or is that a different mode?

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

Also, can the DLC cars be used in career? 

On the Microsoft Store it says "(car name) can be used through My Team, Custom and Time Trial"

Does this mean that career is now called "My Team", or is that a different mode?

 

My Team is a combination of things:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

It looks like some of the DLC content is exclusive to the season packs. I can buy five of the six locations from Dirt Rally, but not Sweden and buy some of the cars in the packs, but not all of them.

All DLC is available individually, except for the "special livery packs", which are part of the seasons. 

So all DLC locations and DLC cars you can buy individially, so including the Sweden location.

The only thing I not see in the European (Dutch) Playstation Store are the Black matte liveries. 
So to download it, I grabbed an other livery pack and changed the URL:
https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP4001-CUSA12747_00-DIRTRALLY2LIV005
INTO
https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP4001-CUSA12747_00-DIRTRALLY2LIV006

Maybe that will help also with you for Sweden. 

Also you can search just on Google to find it. 
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dirt-rally-20-sweden-rally/bqm1qzng8gdx?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you happened to have bought from the Oculus store.  There is no DLC, and likely there never will be.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, WestHam66 said:

Also, can the DLC cars be used in career? 

On the Microsoft Store it says "(car name) can be used through My Team, Custom and Time Trial"

Does this mean that career is now called "My Team", or is that a different mode?

yeah you can take any car you want in career. one of the starter cars has free repairs, so it might be a good idea to use that one first (also, you've gotta make some money before you're able to afford faster ones).

also, why are you buying from microsoft store (unless you're going to play on Xbox)? the support isn't great. also (not sure about this but...) I think you can't play online multiplayer with anyone who didnt buy it from that store, which is like... nobody. the leaderboards might also be totally separate..

and yeah the only things that you get with the season packs that you can't buy individually are a few extra (original, so nothing from real life) liveries, some cash bonuses for My Team, and access to extra community challenges in My Team. it's really not much.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, RodgerDavies said:

Yep - your season will always choose 6 random rallies from the ones you have access to - I’m not sure how RX works, but guessing something similar.

RX is the same except it's 8 locations when you get to masters difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ianism said:

the leaderboards might also be totally separate..

On Win10? They're the same as everywhere else.

PvP Multiplayer is coming to that platform soon though, it's in final stages of development.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

On Win10? They're the same as everywhere else.

PvP Multiplayer is coming to that platform soon though, it's in final stages of development.

oh I just assumed all the leaderboards (other than community challenges) were separate for each platform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

oh I just assumed all the leaderboards (other than community challenges) were separate for each platform

Every Leaderboard is cross-platform if you enable it in settings. One of the benefits of RaceNet 😉 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 3:20 PM, ianism said:

yeah you can take any car you want in career. one of the starter cars has free repairs, so it might be a good idea to use that one first (also, you've gotta make some money before you're able to afford faster ones).

also, why are you buying from microsoft store (unless you're going to play on Xbox)? the support isn't great. also (not sure about this but...) I think you can't play online multiplayer with anyone who didnt buy it from that store, which is like... nobody. the leaderboards might also be totally separate..

and yeah the only things that you get with the season packs that you can't buy individually are a few extra (original, so nothing from real life) liveries, some cash bonuses for My Team, and access to extra community challenges in My Team. it's really not much.

RX is the same except it's 8 locations when you get to masters difficulty.

I am playing on Xbox, hence why I'm using the Microsoft Store...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestHam66 said:

I am playing on Xbox, hence why I'm using the Microsoft Store...

Just to inform you, if You have more accounts on same Console, you can use DLC for Career mode just on one account!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×