Hotfix 1.18.1 Released - PC Only

Hi everyone

Hotfix 1.181 is now available on PC only. Please see the notes below to see what’s been updated.

• GENERAL - Addressing a crash with specific graphics cards.

Please note that this is a hotfix, and not the latest patch update. Please use this topic as its discussion thread if needed.

We're continuing to support the F1 title for longer than ever, and we can't wait to bring you even more updates to F1 2019.

• Like 2

If it's specific graphics cards surely the clue is in the question?

Specifically, which graphics cards does it fix a crash with and what's changed? @BarryBL

There needs to be an update to the 'Known Issues' thread that was started in TA. Quite frankly half the information in there has people chasing ghosts.

Also, if this is a patch what if it causes difficulties with other graphics cards it's not intended for? I'd really rather CM issued the hotfix as a beta via Steam. Then at least there is a fallback position if 1.18 works on your system, this way the patch is mandated to all PC users - not the way hotfixes are supposed to work. Hot Fix is install if you have the specific issue.

From an AMD users point of view, why does the game ask to update to an optional driver release (19.9.3)? 19.9.2 was the WHQL AMD recommended release.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 3

Excellent news!
Curious to see if that will make a difference in starting league races. 
Or was this just the fix for the additional crashes introduced in patch 18?

What's the standings on all the other known issues? 

The patchnotes and info we get on the forums is so incredibly scanty.

Developers of the other games i play have page long patch notes, filled with QOL fixes as well. 
Besides that we get developer diaries, things you can actually read. Made by the passionate people who made the game and are proud to share their plans for the future. 

Are you planning on actually making use of the forums and take note of the issues people tell you here?
Are you planning on using the forums to actually give information about what is being worked on?  
"we can't wait to bring you even more updates" is nice and all but if you mean:
'we can't wait to bring you more payed dlc and we'll even throw in a fix to a bug we created the previous patch just to justify it all' 
then start being honest about that now please. 

Last question: Are you in agreement that the way we got lied to in the run up to this games launch (regarding the supposedly official graphics, and countless things that were promised fixed) is incredibly bad manners and should not happen again? 

Hope you're working hard on all the other issues!

My game crashed last night just before a league race. First time it happens to me. I have an AMD Vega 64 graphic card and i hope this patch will fix it.

Nice way of putting it @BarryBL : "We're continuing to support the F1 title for longer than ever, and we can't wait to bring you even more updates to F1 2019." This goes a long way in staving off unwarranted  threads about upcoming updates. Nice job you're doing already! 

I only bought the game recently (Oct 28) and played 45 hours (according to Steam) without any crashes.... until today.

Game will not start at all and just crashes whether I try DX12 or DX11.

GTX1060 3GB.

Hi @steviejay69,

Thanks for the feedback.

In terms of exact cards listed, all cards could potentially have been affected at some point. From what we have had reported to us, this hot-fix will be addressing issues found mostly in higher performance graphics cards. However, this hotfix does not affect every specific user on that card and some of the crashes were dependant on users setup and results can vary from user to user.

I will take a look at the 'Known Issues' thread and get it updated shortly. 

If you experience any new issues post-hotfix, please let us know. 

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @steviejay69,

Thanks for the feedback.

In terms of exact cards listed, all cards could potentially have been affected at some point. From what we have had reported to us, this hot-fix will be addressing issues found mostly in higher performance graphics cards. However, this hotfix does not affect every specific user on that card and some of the crashes were dependant on users setup and results can vary from user to user.

I will take a look at the 'Known Issues' thread and get it updated shortly. 

If you experience any new issues post-hotfix, please let us know. 

Respectfully, that doesn't make any sense. "Mostly higher performance graphics cards" but "not every specific user on that card". It either affects a card or doesn't.

So is it the available VRAM? System RAM? A driver setting? An in-game setting? CPU? Platform update? OS? API? 

It just leads to a general feeling of cluelessness. Testing should always be done on an updated system. If the user doesn't update, you push the problem back.

The game minimum spec must also be respected. The recommended spec should be tested (in all AMD/Intel, Nvidia/AMD combinations). DX12 should be the preferred game mode, I think you've made a mistake allowing DX11 on anything other than W7 and that should be EOL'ed for support with that OS.

• Agree 2