Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Monaco

Monaco in the rain with gamepad. I am completely frustrated. The curve of the Loews is not mobile, no matter what I do, 
tight, far, always I drive against the wall. Why do you have to frustrate the players with Gamepad so. I'm not a very good driver, and I need some driving aids, 
but with a traction control there no chance to pass the loews 

I would expect this comment to come from a wheel user since it seems that the pad user has an advantage over the wheel user. But since this is the first post (as far as I know) regarding your issue, I guess you need to practise more driving different lines, braking and steering into that corner. Even in the dry with a wheel it needs practise to take this corner the best way possible. Furthermore, on Monaco you need to lower the turn setting (like 320) because of the narrow corners. I think the last point will help you fight this corner.

I've the right setting, I'm on the ideal line, but i always collide at the crash barriers, especially when the tires loose grip. 

I should not have bought the game, it's too hard for me. I don't know why it was so difficult, maybe it's fun to frustrate the players. 

Is this your first F1 racegame? Allthough it's not classified as a pure simulation you do need practise to make it work and become better at it. Don't give up, try setups from other players and again, practise, practise a lot, and you will see that you get better and overcome problems like this. But don't expect to be on the same level as the top of the leaderboard overnight. It takes a little more than that.

Hi @krake61,

If this is your first F1 game, welcome!

I am looking to launch a guide over the next month on setups and maybe that will help you moving forward. Like @1512marcel said, Practice makes Perfect. I've been playing various F1 games for years and I still struggle around Monaco (I must have done over 1000 laps on that circuit!)

Stay tuned for the first part of the guide coming soon. Hopefully the series might help a little.

• Thanks 1

Thanx, for helping. I've played Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 1 - 3 with enthusiasm. Sorry, I'm not the youngest Player. F1 2019 is my first game from Codemasters (XBox One). Graphic ist fantastic, the career mode needs some improvement, but it's ok. The Race-Strategy (100% Races) of AI needs some improvement, too. Difficult Mode ist 85 - 90, McLaren. In this Difficult Mode i manage the 3 - 6th place in Qualifying and Race. I think, that is very realistic. I have a lot in fun and no problems on the most racetracks, without Monaco, this track is real horror, if you're using the normal controller and I don't know, what I do wrong in the Loews Turn. 

I'm not the youngest either, turning 59 in January, but I'm still improving. I'm a wheel user. Never managed to drive with a pad or controller. Played Grandprix 1-4 with a lot of enthusiasm too but bought me a wheel as soon as possible.

Great. I'm born in 1961. In the Past (GP1-3) i've used a wheel, but with the xbox in the living room it's not possible. 

Great year, 1961. They don't make them like that anymore 😇 Try lowering the setting at Monaco to 320 and see if you can make the turn.

Hi @krake61 

Just wanted to point you in the direction of https://www.f1carsetup.com/index.php?/forum/407-f1-2019-setups/ Not sure I’ve copied the link quite right but you can find it if you go to the setups section and look for @Soupy1985 posts.

This site is a godsend!! I use a wheel now but a great persons setups to use for pad is Styx50. His are really great. 

My PS4 is in the lounge too but I use a Playseat Challenge, it’s foldable and goes behind the sofa to keep the wife happy! Out of sight out of mind!! 

Keep persevering and practicing, and not being funny but who cares what level you play or what assists you use? As long as you enjoy the time you play that’s all that matters!!

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kenuf said:

Hi @krake61 

Just wanted to point you in the direction of https://www.f1carsetup.com/index.php?/forum/407-f1-2019-setups/ Not sure I’ve copied the link quite right but you can find it if you go to the setups section and look for @Soupy1985 posts.

This site is a godsend!! I use a wheel now but a great persons setups to use for pad is Styx50. His are really great. 

My PS4 is in the lounge too but I use a Playseat Challenge, it’s foldable and goes behind the sofa to keep the wife happy! Out of sight out of mind!! 

Keep persevering and practicing, and not being funny but who cares what level you play or what assists you use? As long as you enjoy the time you play that’s all that matters!!

Good luck!

Thanks! Just what the doctor ordered!

Thanx for the support. But I find out, that one the major problem is the driver aid "traction control". When i turn off these aid, the loews turn in much easier. But i think, the game must work with the driver aids, too. 

Agreed, but eventually you will find driving without aids easier and more satisfying. But I'm glad you found a way to attack Loews corner.

1 hour ago, krake61 said:

Thanx for the support. But I find out, that one the major problem is the driver aid "traction control". When i turn off these aid, the loews turn in much easier. But i think, the game must work with the driver aids, too. 

Monaco is the toughest track by a mile regardless of gamepad or wheel, and the hairpin is (I think) the toughest corner on the track to get consistently right. I find that it helps to look into changing your controller calibration settings - in particular the linearity - to help make positioning the car on entry easier. I actually have a separate controller profile just for Monaco to help with this. 

Glad to see I'm not the oldest here at 56, yay! I wish there were special graphic options available tho.. I'd love to have a cloth cap over my avatar! 

Re the OP, this IS the slowest corner in F1 right now, make sure you are going slow enough, cross your hands right over. It's important to turn before you finish braking too as this will give you the front steering bias required to help turn in. I get this corner OK every time now but I still have a train of cars lined up behind me at this track! 

PS don't call me grandpa, I might BE one but still..... 

👴😎

@sloppysmusic

Have you played Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix Games? I've loved this games. Especially with Steve Young's Editor and all the wonderful carsets which could be downloaded. That's what I'm missing in codemaster f1.  

I did and still consider GP4 one of the best games around, certainly for that period. I believe I still have the game.

15 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Enjoy being a grandpa. In a couple of years your grandchild will beat you at every track 😇

Nah not gonna happen.. I'm GAMING grandpa. When I first met my late wife's kids (my stepkids) I had already owned and practiced their favorite game (THPS) for several months so I could compete at the same level! 

:classic_ninja::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I give up. Total Surrender. Monaco ist not possible to drive for me. I'm total frustated an I give up.

Thanx for you help, but this game ist wasted money for me. F1 2019 was my first and my last game from codemasters.