Sign in to follow this  

[FEATURE] Rally School. Yes or No?

think resources can be used many better places............ the learning sould be by slow advancment in the game itself not some seprate thing

YES !!!....  I can understand why people won't the rally school and I would like to have more location and new car too. But why ?? I can't finish a stage without  error at full speed and you ? maybe some of you guys are talented but if yes what about your stage time are you in top 5 in the world ? If you do the same stage 100k time we dont talk Skill. whit a better understanding how the car react* and test 100 time at the same place without restarting the stage im sure you can do a better times next time.

Can I suggest a rally school location http://www.dirtfish.com/rally-school/our-school/property/

- a rally school to help Advanced and new player based on real life

- make a rally school as a sandbox a place to play for many hour to   pratice skill you are just learned youll make your own stage with a path you can build

- Adjustable setting to make the field like you want for better practice (snow,rain,night etc...)

- and Make the school playable as a new location championship.

Sorry For my bad English i'm french Canadian and its hard for me to translate my opinion word by word

Anything that makes this game more like the original colin mcrae rally or RBR is a good idea in my book

Would you like to see the inclusion of a 'rally school' in DiRT Rally at some point in the future? It could be a real world location, or a fictional location like that in RBR. 

Do you think this would also help for people transferring from older DiRT games, and help them understand and learn how to drive in this new game. 

Please vote and share your thoughts and opinions n
If there is no way to implement a Rally School - at least implement a testing area!
I dont think that any real driver who gets a new car is forced to adapt to the car on the rally stage - everybody has a special testing ground of which he knows every corner and bump, were he can play around with setups and the special behavior of the car.
Ferrari has its own test circuit, Porsche has - every manufacturer has at least a skid plate - only WE don´t need!  (CODEMASTERS DO YOU HEAR??)
Do you think all the professional drivers are just incompetent? Not being able to race a car directly an stage? :wink: 

I think we need this because the number of complaints are increasing from all platforms, xbox, ps4 and pc.

I feel the game has a steep learning curve when it comes to beginners, they are being thrown in a world that they previously played in the form of Dirt 1, 2 and 3, I think it will make the transition to the game much easier since people that don't know a thing about rally but want to try it can only watch videos but aren't actually learning how to do certain cornering techniques and sections among other things, I think it's nice to have a custom stage (similar to what RBR has) which hosts most of the games challenging and difficult sections in one stage.

Also a lesson in how to drive the different drivetrains of cars is also handy since car control is a lot different in FWD cars then in RWD cars etc.

When I first played RBR I thought the difficulty was insane, but then I figured I'd try the rally school, and after a few runs in there, I was suddenly able to control my car, and soon I won the first rally, it made the game way more fun from then on in.

I think this describes best what I mean:
"Teach the people the skills to climb the mountain, that way they'll know how to use the tools."

Loved the Rally School in the original Colin McRae Rally with the great man himself helping and explaining the manoeuvres, it was a lot of fun and Colin telling you off when you were not doing what you were supposed to like "Stop messin' aroond"

Loved the Rally School in the original Colin McRae Rally with the great man himself helping and explaining the manoeuvres, it was a lot of fun and Colin telling you off when you were not doing what you were supposed to like "Stop messin' aroond"
Colin McRae:" Okay, when you're ready, put your foot down"

Spokster said:
Colin McRae:" Okay, when you're ready, put your foot down"
Brings back some good memories.

You can find a good real life example for a rally training and how a training track could look like in a youtube video that shows how Mika Hakkinen is giving some rally lessons to a reporter: https://youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U?t=2m55s

I think that some kine of rally school could help people to become better rally drivers. Otherwise people are making the same mistakes again and again, sometime without notice and in the end they will stop playing the game frustrated.

It would also be very helpful to make better tutorial videos, if it is easily possible to display throttle, brake and handbrake data during a HUD (similiar to the throttle and brake data in CREST). With that data displayed you can see in tutorials (when activated) when and with what percentage the pro guys are using throttle and brake to do the "perfect" drift.

Both will support people to become better rally drivers - without paying 1K bucks for real rally schools.

I voted no because I think its a waste of their time for a feature that will be used very little. The current tutorial videos in dirt rally are awesome and contain a lot of valuable information. Driving school would be used maybe once at the start of the game and never revisited unless you wanted to really test your skills but the best use of your time is actually learning the stages and eventually getting faster that way.

Flexiwing said:
I voted no because I think its a waste of their time for a feature that will be used very little. The current tutorial videos in dirt rally are awesome and contain a lot of valuable information. Driving school would be used maybe once at the start of the game and never revisited unless you wanted to really test your skills but the best use of your time is actually learning the stages and eventually getting faster that way.
You obviously haven't seen the info for DiRT4 then!