DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Time Trial Leaderboard Bug

For quite a while now, whenever I am in Time Trial in an F1 2019 car, any clean lap time I set, I appear at the top of the leaderboard. For example, I set a slow lap time in Australia at a 1:24;xxx, and it show that I am Top on the leaderboard, when clearly I am not the fastest because the times below are slower. This only happens in F1 2019 cars. I can set a time in anything else and it shows my placement in the leaderboard fine. I am on a Xbox One S and use a G920 wheel. 

12-3-2019_9-31-12_AM-sulj2edq.png

12-3-2019_11-32-59_AM-wl3cc2fc.png

I had this on a few occasions. Once you improve the time showing in the pics you end up at the correct position on the leaderboard. As long as you don't improve you'll be on top of the world. Your choice. :classic_biggrin:

Hi @ex250,

I'd say take that Number 1 in the world and run with it!.

Jokes aside though, could you send me the exact details and I'll have a look for you. I tried to replicate it from your information (track, car etc) and I just ended up in my normal, terrible leaderboard position. What I'm looking for is:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Assists Ran:

Any Custom Setup Run:

Anything you think could be different that I may need to know:

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @ex250,

I'd say take that Number 1 in the world and run with it!.

Jokes aside though, could you send me the exact details and I'll have a look for you. I tried to replicate it from your information (track, car etc) and I just ended up in my normal, terrible leaderboard position. What I'm looking for is:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Assists Ran:

Any Custom Setup Run:

Anything you think could be different that I may need to know:

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving

The game version is 1.18

Xbox One S

No Assists (Have tried every combination of assists, same results.)

Yes I have on a custom setups(still does it with default.)

And no I haven't gotten an error message.

I also use a G920 wheel, but it does it even with a Xbox controller.

It doesn't matter the track or car as long as it's a 2019 F1 car.

56 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I had this on a few occasions. Once you improve the time showing in the pics you end up at the correct position on the leaderboard. As long as you don't improve you'll be on top of the world. Your choice. :classic_biggrin:

Even if I improve, it still says "You're on top of the leaderboard." and I still am.

HI @ex250,

I've been testing this myself and I haven't had this happen to me just yet (I still end up being 461468461146th in the world)

I'll have another few attempts and report back.

I'm having the same issue, had it in F1 2017 as well, and same started happening in F1 2019.
However there was one track where in the end I managed to set a time within the first 10 000 players and then I was set on the right position. So I assume that once you are within the 10 000 players league you end up in the list correctly (allthought BarryBL does not have that issue). To bad you can't check what time you have to get in order to beat player 10 000.

BTW: I'm using an XBOX ONE S

Good point. Although, the few times this happened to me I was setting a time well within the 10000 range. @BarryBL can you check if EX250 set a time outside the 10000 range?

Hi everyone,

Just tested this and driving outside the top 10000, still recorded a correct time and placement on the leaderboards.

The only thing I can speculate is short-term connectivity to online leaderboards issue maybe. Was your internet connection and everything okay when the times were recorded?

Hi,
thanks for your reply, must have missed it earlier.
My Xbox is connected via powerlans, so assume it's working as the rankings are downloaded when checking them (and no messages that connection would have been off).
On a couple of tracks I've been getting the correct placement once I'm within the 10000 players list. In F1 2017 you can see the time of player 9999 so I can see if I made it or not, but it seems they've removed that in 2019 version.
Only pity is that the ghost you're trying to beat is the other nr 1 on the list and he/she is usually out of sight after a couple of corners 🙂

@D33d0g,

Does this happen for you on every track you do Time Trial on?

You can manually set any lap time on the leaderboards as a ghost time. However, usually the generated ghost is slightly ahead, and shouldn't be Number 1 unless you are very high up in the leaderboards 

@1512marcel --> I surely need some more practice 🙂 I keep doing time trials till I end up in the list correctly 👍
@BarryBL --> seems that as long as I'm not within the first 10k players I have to beat the first one from the list, I'll try setting it manually could be helpfull as well, but as mentioned to 1512marcel I keep trying

• Agree 1

@D33d0g,

Could you try a more obscure time trail (F2, Britain Short, Wet) maybe? This would eliminate the need to be in the top 10,000 as I'm confident 10,000 people haven't tried that scenario.

I've had quite a few reports on leaderboards. I'll do a bit of digging today and see what I get.

@BarryBL
did some trials over the past week. And it's indeed as expected: as long as I'm not driving faster then the driver on spot 10.000 I'm ranked 1st. Did the wet Britain short track on F2 and alltough I left the track at first it gave me a valid lap time on the leaderboard (guess that was a bug), but I managed to pull of some better laps completely as they should be and the place in the list was all fine.
Going back then to time trials on the F1 2019 I kept trying to finally get up there on the leaderboard. So I see it now as a motivator to get better (still a long way to go tough 🙂 )
Haven't found how to set a time for the ghost player, but that problem is solved once I'm placed correctly.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:54 PM, D33d0g said:

@BarryBL
did some trials over the past week. And it's indeed as expected: as long as I'm not driving faster then the driver on spot 10.000 I'm ranked 1st. Did the wet Britain short track on F2 and alltough I left the track at first it gave me a valid lap time on the leaderboard (guess that was a bug), but I managed to pull of some better laps completely as they should be and the place in the list was all fine.
Going back then to time trials on the F1 2019 I kept trying to finally get up there on the leaderboard. So I see it now as a motivator to get better (still a long way to go tough 🙂 )
Haven't found how to set a time for the ghost player, but that problem is solved once I'm placed correctly.

Find someone lower down the leaderboards in your friends list then 'set as ghost' from the Friends Leaderboard? @D33d0g

Edited by steviejay69

I am reporting several issues with the leaderboards.

Some of them are covered in this thread some are new.

First, on Xbox I am also seeing the problem where I am ranked number 1 but have a much slower time then the people at the top of the board

This happens on some tracks but not others.  On xbox I am AtypicalHarp1 and I see this issue on Beligum but not on Britain.

(see attached)

Second, I am pretty new to f1 racing and gaming in general. I started on the xbox and then moved to ps4.

While on Xbox I registered some times that made the leader board.  I started at the bottom and with some practice would slowing move up.

For instance, I placed 9866 at Britain with a 1:30.801.  However, on the ps4,  with a time of 1:30.190  I am NOT EVEN CLOSE to making the top 15000.

This same time would rank me 8482 on xbox.  While 1:30.190 is not a great time,  I have set other lap times that are within 2-3 seconds of the fastest time on ps4 and NONE OF THEM are even close to cracking the top 15000.  Something seems a miss.  At one point, I was a two bar gold with experience in the mid 20 Gold.... and I am not even close to making the PS4 leader board.  But on xbox I was cracking the top 10000 as a beginner. 

Now, you could make the argument that way ( way way way ) more good racers are on ps4 but even if this was the case I am a decent driver and not only do I get nothing out of the global leader board, I also can not use the FRIENDS LEADER board because it is a subset of the Global and no one I know is even close to making the ps4 leaderboard.

The third issue ( and maybe related to the second ) some of the leader boards as showing obviously bogus times at the top of the board,  some times are several seconds faster than any published word record for the track.  I am guessing that people are somehow able to cut off 4-6 seconds.  The good racers are showing up at the top of the leader board with bogus times ...and  lots and lots of slower racers are leveraging the 4-6 second speed up to take up all spots on the rest of the leader board.

Please do not brush this off.  Please compare the ps4 and xbox boards to see that the time ranges are completely out of alignment. 

Please look at the top of each board to confirm the some tracks have times that are not reasonable. 

I have spoken to other racers on ps4 and their is a general agreement even with top drivers that the ps4 global leader board is askew and that they "just ignore it". 

At a minimum, if nothing is wrong ( which I am certain in NOT the case ) then you need to increase the number of spots to 30,000.

I am happy to send screen shots or answer questions. I love the global leader board on xbox and I would to see it working better on ps4.

Thanks

Dave

IMG_2214.jpg

Edited by TheDiesel1965
typos

12 hours ago, TheDiesel1965 said:

I am reporting several issues with the leaderboards.

Some of them are covered in this thread some are new.

First, on Xbox I am also seeing the problem where I am ranked number 1 but have a much slower time then the people at the top of the board

This happens on some tracks but not others.  On xbox I am AtypicalHarp1 and I see this issue on Beligum but not on Britain.

(see attached)

Second, I am pretty new to f1 racing and gaming in general. I started on the xbox and then moved to ps4.

While on Xbox I registered some times that made the leader board.  I started at the bottom and with some practice would slowing move up.

For instance, I placed 9866 at Britain with a 1:30.801.  However, on the ps4,  with a time of 1:30.190  I am NOT EVEN CLOSE to making the top 15000.

This same time would rank me 8482 on xbox.  While 1:30.190 is not a great time,  I have set other lap times that are within 2-3 seconds of the fastest time on ps4 and NONE OF THEM are even close to cracking the top 15000.  Something seems a miss.  At one point, I was a two bar gold with experience in the mid 20 Gold.... and I am not even close to making the PS4 leader board.  But on xbox I was cracking the top 10000 as a beginner. 

Now, you could make the argument that way ( way way way ) more good racers are on ps4 but even if this was the case I am a decent driver and not only do I get nothing out of the global leader board, I also can not use the FRIENDS LEADER board because it is a subset of the Global and no one I know is even close to making the ps4 leaderboard.

The third issue ( and maybe related to the second ) some of the leader boards as showing obviously bogus times at the top of the board,  some times are several seconds faster than any published word record for the track.  I am guessing that people are somehow able to cut off 4-6 seconds.  The good racers are showing up at the top of the leader board with bogus times ...and  lots and lots of slower racers are leveraging the 4-6 second speed up to take up all spots on the rest of the leader board.

Please do not brush this off.  Please compare the ps4 and xbox boards to see that the time ranges are completely out of alignment. 

Please look at the top of each board to confirm the some tracks have times that are not reasonable. 

I have spoken to other racers on ps4 and their is a general agreement even with top drivers that the ps4 global leader board is askew and that they "just ignore it". 

At a minimum, if nothing is wrong ( which I am certain in NOT the case ) then you need to increase the number of spots to 30,000.

I am happy to send screen shots or answer questions. I love the global leader board on xbox and I would to see it working better on ps4.

Thanks

Dave

IMG_2214.jpg

Like you said, I have now noticed that this doesn't occur at Silverstone.

I am providing some addition data points regarding the ps4 leader board.

I have attached screen shots as well.

On Ps4 the five fastest times are:  1:23.437, 1:25.473, 1:25.539, 1:25.613, 1:25.654

On Xbox the five fastest times are: 1:25.607, 1:25.631, 1:25.686, 1:25.692, 1:25.708

There is no way the the fastest time on xbox (1:23.437)  is a valid time.

Even more troubling.....

Compare the 15000th time on ps4 which is a 1:28.473.

On xbox, this time would rank you 3971.

(see attached)

Here are few more to compare...

1,000 on ps4 is same as 242 on xbox

10,000 on ps4 is the the same as 2599 on xbox

This cannot be correct , it makes no sense at all.

I hope this help you resolve the issue with the ps4 leader boards

Dave

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

Is code master monitoring these board?

I thought this was how we relayed issues

I spent an hour getting data and screen shots and I have not heard anything.

What is the best way to report issues?

Is anyone else finding the ps4 leaderboard way way way faster then xbox.

Frustrated... I hope codemaster reads this and can reply

TheDiesel1965

12 hours ago, TheDiesel1965 said:

Is code master monitoring these board?

I thought this was how we relayed issues

I spent an hour getting data and screen shots and I have not heard anything.

What is the best way to report issues?

Is anyone else finding the ps4 leaderboard way way way faster then xbox.

Frustrated... I hope codemaster reads this and can reply

TheDiesel1965

Yes.

It is.

People won't necessarily replay personally. It is a known issue and your thread should be merged.

So disappointed in Codemasters, I made this effort to help them fix a bug that renders there ps4 leaderboard useless.... and I have heard nothing.... do they care, apparently not.

Haha just take a look at bahrain i believe on PS4. 

there're people doing 1.06 or something🤣