Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 Worth £22?


AdamFreeman

Recommended Posts

So on steam right now its about £22 and I assume the game is towards the end of its patch cycle. Is it worth the money. Since getting a wheel I have upped my time investing in last years game but have also got Project cars 2 for 11 quid which I havent played yet which I can only assume trumps codies poor game (getting that vibe from the forum).

Should I pick this years up I have chosen to vote with my wallet so far I play mostly offline career.

is the ridicilous AI development fixed now?

Though would be appreciated 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will Give you $20 to take it. It should be great, but has so many fundamentally bad things that it's ridiculous. Save your money and get PCars 2 with all the DLC. They actually have laser scanned tracks and put some effort into physics.

The "Offical F1" game doesnt have a single laser scanned track. Not one. That has been standard since Xbox 360 on consoles.

The same tuning camber and toe settings set the fastest times on all tracks. Doesnt matter if it is Monaco or Monza. That should NEVER happen.

If you're just a casual gamer, maybe it is worth 10. If you want any semblance of realism in racing, it is incredibly bad.

Actually, Codies did a great job with Dirt Rally 2.0. It has it's issues, but it is very very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

The "Offical F1" game doesnt have a single laser scanned track. Not one. That has been standard since Xbox 360 on consoles.

Well that's because we aren't told about them, except for Paul Ricard (Old Layout).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

If you want a measure of how good this game is....I have spent more time on it than F1 2015 (which somehow managed 70 odd hours). All the other titles are going to beat it by the time the year is out. All the others have scored 250-400 hours, this won't make 200 (I'm being generous) at the current rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have stuck to my principles and not bought this years game. Will not even get it if it drops to £10, too similar to the last 2 versions. Am amazed they keep charging £45 every year with basically the same game with a few minor updates and still the same bugs.

Until they make some really big changes to the game then i refuse to buy into the hype on launch to be left frustrated with the same garbage year on year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say it was worth it, but with the rain times issue I would say it's value has fallen. But I drive with full assists and 50% distance and with the AI being so much faster in the rain, it has become unrealistic. But if you are a better driver than me, or won't do career championships, then maybe. It was better pre patch 1.05 in my opinion, even if rain favoured the player back then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a game that offers so much customization, beyond stunning graphics, a showroom, saving highlights, weekly challenges, leagues, eSports, and a variety of series (i.e. F1, Classic Cars, F2) to play, resisting to buy it would be deranged; like being a huge Apple fan, but not buying the latest iPhone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, AdamFreeman said:

So on steam right now its about £22 and I assume the game is towards the end of its patch cycle. Is it worth the money. Since getting a wheel I have upped my time investing in last years game but have also got Project cars 2 for 11 quid which I havent played yet which I can only assume trumps codies poor game (getting that vibe from the forum).

Should I pick this years up I have chosen to vote with my wallet so far I play mostly offline career.

is the ridicilous AI development fixed now?

Though would be appreciated 🙂

If you already have 2018 then I'd just wait for next year's game. I had a lot of fun in 2018 with the great 2019 mod, so you get updated cars and drivers without suffering the loss of handling /downforce the newer game will bring you. Ai is still YMMV in career, at least you can sim practice sessions to get faster research points than if you actually practiced (if you have 2018 the practice routes are basically the same so do you really want to do all tracks all over again?).

Online, if you are a casual gamer who wants to just race 5 laps, multiple asssits, T-Cam and play bumper cars you can have some fun with it but if you like to take it even half seriously it's not worth it. By now even the most serious leagues are dropping the game due to serious flaws and lack of options from last year's game. 

If only recommend the game on sale to someone who had never owned an F1 game before, and then for 75% off 14.99 at the Xmas sales. 

Give the open wheel cars a trial in pcars 2. The tuning WORKS there so you can have a lot of fun and reward for the effort you put in. As @DaleRossimentioned the setups are woeful in the F1 games. Pretty much every setting is basically giving you only 2 results depending on which way you dial it. More speed or more grip. Nothing subtle at all about it I'm afraid. Plenty of great tunes for pcars, including some modest ones from me if you want to look them up and see videos. I love the Formula A in pcars. It's equivalent to 2014 F1 cars, fast, furious with great engine sounds... Plus of course no halo lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at the AOR leagues and they still use the 19 game. PC2 leagues seem mostly PS4.

I have PC2 ready to go just want to finish my current f1 season got 3 races left. I always do 100% races but seems most leagues do 50% so I might have to change this?

Where are these mods 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6 December 2019 at 9:18 PM, Aef251 said:

I would say it was worth it, but with the rain times issue I would say it's value has fallen. But I drive with full assists and 50% distance and with the AI being so much faster in the rain, it has become unrealistic. But if you are a better driver than me, or won't do career championships, then maybe. It was better pre patch 1.05 in my opinion, even if rain favoured the player back then.

There you go Barry another real person,

we all have kept posting that f12019 needs to revert back to pre patches 1.05 ,

from that point on the game has fell apart,

no doubt my account will probably be banned due to the help I try to post in order to make codemasters make better decisions in patches,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
5 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

There you go Barry another real person,

we all have kept posting that f12019 needs to revert back to pre patches 1.05 ,

from that point on the game has fell apart,

no doubt my account will probably be banned due to the help I try to post in order to make codemasters make better decisions in patches,

I can't see how your account could be banned except if you break the rules 🙂 I've only seen one ban in my 3 years of being active in the F1 side, and it was due to an user creating a duplicate account to avoid a ban and then posting completely irrelevant images to the F1 forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I can't see how your account could be banned except if you break the rules 🙂 I've only seen one ban in my 3 years of being active in the F1 side, and it was due to an user creating a duplicate account to avoid a ban and then posting completely irrelevant images to the F1 forums.

This is true. I think the bigger worry is being ignored completely rather than censored!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Codemasters doesn't mind when you put your thoughts to words. I once got jailed for flamming a dev and I deserved that. Couple of years back the tone here was worse than it is recently. I guess because allthough some off you may doubt that, the communiction from Codemasters has definitly improved. So dont worry to speak your mind, as long as you don't start swearing or name calling and obey forum rules you should be in the clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...