F1 2019 Worth £22?

So I bought the game for 18 quid in the end and I have had a crack around australia for 90 mins and despite coming from the worst car in the 18 game the 19 renault felt like it was on ice never had some much trouble handling an F1 car in codies games. Graphics are beefed up abit fair enough but Im just under the 2hour mark so might return it and jusy wait for this years attempt as the feeling out of the box was disapointment rather than optimism!

Also got assetto corsa for 3 quid 😆

• Agree 1

Hi Adam, I was under the impression you quite liked 2019? Or was it 2018 were you started manual gear changing?

Posted (edited)

All my comments before about gearing were based on 2018s game.

The forum put me off the 19 game but for 18 quid I thoughy why not. Cars feel like they have no backend compared to the 18 counterparts.

Usually when I buy a new F1 game I am quit excited by the handling and its first time I have been disapointed driving 90 mins in a supposed muh better car than a 2018 Williams. Was frustratinh more than anything. F2 feels good but have no interest in that really when I can use a renault 3.5 v8 in Project cars and other lower formula cars its F1 I am here for.

Edited by AdamFreeman
  • Agree 1

Ah, that makes sense. I had the same feeling when just starting 2019. It felt like I had to learn driving all over again, like you said,; driving on ice. It took me quite some time to get used to this and handle the brakes very gentle. Now I’m level with my 2018 times but it took me like three days actual driving time to get me there, so I understand your feelings about this game.

Actually, I’m still having very much trouble with the F2 cars. Can’t get my finger around it and not willing to put much effort in it too. Like you say, I’m here for the F1 experience. F2 however was a much requested feature by the community and CM delivered. Personally, I wouldn’t mis it when it’s gone in next edition.

7 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

All my comments before were based on 2018s game.

The forum put me off the 19 game but for 18 quid I thoughy why not. Cars feel like they have no backend compared to the 18 counterparts.

Usually when I buy a new F1 game I am quit excited by the handling and its first time I have been disapointed driving 90 mins in a supposed muh better car than a 2018 Williams. Was frustratinh more than anything. F2 feels good but have no interest in that really when I can use a renault 3.5 v8 in Project cars and other lower formula cars its F1 I am here for.

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad I haven't wasted my money and supported a substandard product.

Let's hope lessons can be learned after all, hope is a land to which winter never comes...

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Ah, that makes sense. I had the same feeling when just starting 2019. It felt like I had to learn driving all over again, like you said,; driving on ice. It took me quite some time to get used to this and handle the brakes very gentle. Now I’m level with my 2018 times but it took me like three days actual driving time to get me there, so I understand your feelings about this game.

Actually, I’m still having very much trouble with the F2 cars. Can’t get my finger around it and not willing to put much effort in it too. Like you say, I’m here for the F1 experience. F2 however was a much requested feature by the community and CM delivered. Personally, I wouldn’t mis it when it’s gone in next edition.

I guess the disappointment is this years cars are actually gripper and that wasn't the feeling you get, I dont know what mechanics the game uses for track grip in career so could be a green track but if thats the case same happens in 2018 and its not ice central. I did get warned 18s handling is better but you have to see for yourself 🙂

I do feel like I will get a refund and carry on with my 18 career though tbh.

10 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad I haven't wasted my money and supported a substandard product.

Let's hope lessons can be learned after all, hope is a land to which winter never comes...

Just my initial first impression if your on PC with steam you get 2 hours playtime before you pass the point of no return for refunds. Think the cars in the game are not representative of the cars from 2019. I figured the 19 renault would be much better to drive than an 18 Williams wasn't the case. 

Graphics look better is a positive and the initial contract system seemed a tad better each team having perks pre contract.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I do share a mostly-love relationship with the game. But there are some things that aren't right.

Yes, the game does look nice, but it's a near carbon-copy of 2018, and 2017. The main things that substantially change each year are the main menu, the roster, the drivers, some animations, sometimes career mode...

...what else...?

The appearance and presentation is nice; the overall gameplay is sometimes disappointing. It was the same thing over the past 3 or 4 F1 game titles. Many things we wished for weren't put into the new release.

I am way too eager for F1 2020. When it gets announced, I hope it WON'T be a carbon-copy, or ctrl-c-ctrl-v like F1 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 20...

I'm only hoping it's gonna be a huge uplift from the previous games, and have new appearances and visuals.

Edited by Involved In It
  • Agree 2

As someone who just bought this game about a month ago, I cannot stop playing and thinking about this game. I love these 100% duration races, I love the tight battles of Career mode with the AI, how great it feels to just finish 9th and get Alfa Romeo some points - it's never felt so satisfying to lose before. Worth every penny I've paid without a doubt, and I see this title following right behind Dirt Rally 2.0 for me and clearing 500 hours in no time at all.

image.thumb.png.e1ae755ef7500d2bcead4131c9f491d0.png

• Agree 1

Problem is its pretty much F1 2018 with a bit of F2. Fair enough to those that like it. Its has the same problem as fifa roster dates and thats all folks.

Adam

So you gave it a go with this years game then...Good to see your comments regarding the handling.. I myself have given up with codies now, but am glad to see that peoples negative comments about 2019 game are ringing true.

Have you refunded the game then ?

I saw the game reduced on steam but was not tempted.

It's definitely worth £22 

but not the £65 I paid for the Senna vs Prost editions,

on dayone 3 day early access patch 1.03 the game was superb on a wheel,. Pad vs wheel was equal,

latest news from Barry is pad vs wheel is still equal,

barry ,go to spec savers,

5 hours ago, audacious said:

Adam

So you gave it a go with this years game then...Good to see your comments regarding the handling.. I myself have given up with codies now, but am glad to see that peoples negative comments about 2019 game are ringing true.

Have you refunded the game then ?

I saw the game reduced on steam but was not tempted.

I havent yet refunded I technically have 17 mins left so might give it a whirl with the pad to see if its easier I expect it is. 

But yes I gave it a whirl and didnt like it. Its probably an okay handling system but 2019s cars had insane downforce it should be pretty nailed to the track.

I could probably get used to the handling over time theres no doubt I only paid 18 quid for the game but it looks like a roster updates 2018 game with worser handling and better visual. 

If you havent had an F1 game for few years its probably a great game. I imagine going from 2016 to this would be a good step. 2017 and 18 were fairly small steps.

Id like more time with the game but I dont wanna go over 2 hours and then still not like the game.

In fairness I also got assetto corsa and its a right pain in the bottom trying to map my wheel to the game. But when I finally got to drive a formula hybrid car it felt great.

5 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

It's definitely worth £22 

but not the £65 I paid for the Senna vs Prost editions,

on dayone 3 day early access patch 1.03 the game was superb on a wheel,. Pad vs wheel was equal,

latest news from Barry is pad vs wheel is still equal,

barry ,go to spec savers,

Yeah the initial price tag was daylight robbery for what it was. Think £25 on release would have been reasonable.

• Agree 1

I guess it comes down to how much you'll play it as to whether it's worth it.

For me, I paid £55 for digital copy on release day but having put in well over 200 hours on the game (with no sign of slowing), so the value for money in comparison to other games i've purchased for much less but barely played (or even installed) is much higher. If any one else can show me where I can get such quality entertainment for 0.27p per hour and I will show you a liar. Haha

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I actually had 25 mins left on the game so did that and I have some further comments to add.

1)Devon Butler and Weber are in my career even though I didn't want F2. Its the official  f1 game I don't want these in my game, especially when one of them has gastlys seat. 

2)  I got a 5 sec penalty as perez clipped me even though I moved well out of his way in Practise (I was on an out lap) 

3) Managed to put some laps together but handling just feels off to me, I was very cautious and didn't feel like I could get close to pushing.

Going for a refund now thanks everyone for their input.

Due to the fact that i have given my steering wheel away i reinstalled 2012 game , i was really fast with a pad in them days and to be honest this was the last game from codies i enjoyed, i spent over 1000 hours on the game and had real fun on multiplayer and wow i even still enjoy it now and no damn halo is even better...

On 1/2/2020 at 10:59 PM, AdamFreeman said:

So I bought the game for 18 quid in the end and I have had a crack around australia for 90 mins and despite coming from the worst car in the 18 game the 19 renault felt like it was on ice never had some much trouble handling an F1 car in codies games. Graphics are beefed up abit fair enough but Im just under the 2hour mark so might return it and jusy wait for this years attempt as the feeling out of the box was disapointment rather than optimism!

Also got assetto corsa for 3 quid 😆

Huh? I thought the handling is still a bit too grippy like in all Codies' F1 games...

That is interesting I always run no assists and cockpit cam and I did back to back sessions on australia one on 19 and one on 18. 

I do however always find the steering in f1 18 quit sensitive after coming from project cars as they use more roation on their open wheel cars so maybe its just the f1 game I have gotten used to. Didnt feel as bad going from pc to f1 19 although the ffb is off in comparison.

Time wise I was around a second off my 18 pace and I assune its due to the downforce they took off the cars. I was much closer to 18 times when I had a few laps with a pad.

I clearly didnt have the time I would like with the game so maybe I am judging it too harshly. In my limted time in an F2 car I thought it was pretty fun but since careers like 3 races with them I probably wouldnt have bothered with them much.

My bro bought the game in the winter sales aswell so I plan on using his as a truer test I will be in the Alfa as thats where I moved to in the 18 game using the G920.

The game looks great so I want to like it!

Played the game yesterday over at my brothers house this time on the xbox x (i had the pc version) my wheels compatable so took it overand hes a pretty casual play so has all the assists on apart from brake assist while. He was pretty useless on the wheel but we were both in the sauber I was atleast able to keep the car mainly on track with some spins no assist cockpit. 

My bro plays chase cam and switched to pad fora few runs 😂 and anoyingly he was able to control the car without spins. He really likes the look of tcam and was ok with it so I i had a bash with tcam and wheel. As weird as it is I was immediatly much better and the game felt decent. 

I returned to cockpit and was dire again. Ive always been faster on tcam but alway preffered the feel of cockpit but in this games its the reverse 😕 

F1 2019 is wrecking my brain 😇😈

On 1/4/2020 at 10:45 AM, UP100 said:

Huh? I thought the handling is still a bit too grippy like in all Codies' F1 games...

If you go slowly enough it's grippy enough (not all that grippy). If you want to go as fast as the fastest, IDK how they do that. Glitch setups and pray?

But, then the game always feels better if the FFB is consistent, which it isn't (for me anyway).

Without the ballast the cars have much better rear grip for me on F1 2019 than on F1 2018 (and same for F1 2017), so I'm very surprised to read these comments to be honest

• Like 1