[F1-2018] Still getting a deadzone even with config set to 0

I bought a cheap chinese wheel similar to this: http://www.e-pxn.com/view-article-cid-2-id-26.html (yes, I know terrible buy :P, it's a gift for a kid, I'm just trying it out)

It's an 180º degree wheel using x-input On the game it's recognized as Xbox 360 controller which I'm not sure if it could be a problem or not.

Anyway, the problem I get is that at the center it requires a lot of turning (maybe 10º) to finally register as turning sligthly and I would like to make that more sensitive. What i'm getting is that there is a deadzone on the game but the setting for that is 0 and I can't set any negative values for it. All calibration values on game settings are set to 0

On other games like Euro Truck Simulator the wheel behaves correctly and also on windows game controllers I can see the values changing when I turn the wheel so slightly so the input from wheel to PC is correct. It seems it's just the game not interpreting that as movement.

Is there any other configuration I can try to adjust this? it's very annoying to play like this :\  Any way to remove that deadzone?

I think you'll find it is the fact that it is registered as a X360 controller that is the problem. There is a file you can edit;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\actionmaps

I don't have the game installed but you should be able to edit the XML file for the X360 controller (if I had it installed I would confirm the filename)

Make a backup of the exisiting file so you can restore it if you mess up. I think verifying the files might also affect it so save a copy of the modded file somewhere else.

HTH

I see what you mean, so if a wheel that is not supported for the game is present it just behaves badly, isn't there any way to 'force' the recognition that this is in fact a wheel?

Not if the wheel is not on the supported wheel list. Only thing you can do is what Steviejay suggest and make sure to backup anything you alter or maybe affected.

22 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Not if the wheel is not on the supported wheel list. Only thing you can do is what Steviejay suggest and make sure to backup anything you alter or maybe affected.

Thanks. There is no way to create an actionmap file to detect my wheel? 

Also, the actionmaps folder seems to keep the default profiles, If i create and save a new one where is it saved?

10 hours ago, cifroes said:

Thanks. There is no way to create an actionmap file to detect my wheel? 

Also, the actionmaps folder seems to keep the default profiles, If i create and save a new one where is it saved?

^^