Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Sparks

Can the sparks be toned down on the players car with an update please Codies? If not, how about for next years game because atm it is way too much.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Whilst with the Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and Williams i either never or rarely get any sparks, even at 1-1 ride height, all the other teams create a lot of sparks and Alfa Romeo seems to be the pyromaniac out of them all.

Apparently all cars have different ride heights at the default 6-6 ride height and Ferrari seems to be set up the highest out of them all whilst Alfa Romeo is set up the lowest.

I asked about this discrepancy a couple of months ago and this is what Codemasters had to say:

No wonder, but, they did not clarify whether or not it will be fixed.

Car ride heights need to be homogenized so that no matter what team we choose,  6-6 ride height will be the same for all cars for the sheer purpose of consistency.

In real life there is a fixed maximum and minimum ride height, all teams have to abide by that rule, but F1 2019 the game is messy regarding this.

Either way, i agree, overall the sparks need to be slightly toned down and have more variety to them in terms of width, length and height.

Also the sparks sound effects of the underfloor titanium plank need a lot more variety too, if compared to how they sound in real life.

Overall, audiovisually, Codemasters can and should do a lot more.

Is this in career mode or just a normal race/tournament?

If it's career mode, yes it happens to me as well. It usually happens after I have several upgrades I then get a lot more of sparking no matter what setup or height I use.

For what I've seen it has no impact in your downforce or top speed (you would IRL if you were bottoming out for a whole straight) so it might be a weird bug/glitch in the game...it just makes it awful if you want to watch the highlights after a race and seeing your car sparking for the whole lap.

Edited by Erudain

Thanks for the replies. Regarding watching replays, I always do and the thought that I would have to watch this over the top pyrotechnic display is very off putting to me, so much that it is one of the reasons I haven't purchased F12019. I've seen Youtubers playing and the continual sparks from the player car is a real eyesore and very unrealistic because it barely stops doing it.

Yeah i think it's overkill too, or the AI has too less sparks. When i am watching replays it's not hard to find my car between everyone 😂

please don't tell them to tune them down...'cause finally we got sparks after 2016 and 2017 when they roughly appeared

Edited by cdrwmagnex
  • Agree 1

They need to tune the sparks for the cars. Some cars get too much sparks and others get none at all. To make the sparks consistent is what they need to do.