Sign in to follow this  

Grid '19 online now broken / useless in quick play

So. With season 1 here, quick match lobby now only provides 1 race before back to lobby.

This means:

1, Ridiculous amount of not playing vs playing time with loading / waiting

2, With 3 races you could get used to the car, have a little 3 series match at least with friends in quick play. Now with 1 race and back to lobby its a joke.

Please revert immediately to 3 race format, please voice your support!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

the fact that only you and me are the only ones to bother complaining comment speaks volumes.

I believe codemasters management are for some reason deliberately trying to kill the game dead.

In the middle of compiling a report of Season 1 feedback from players, and this is included in my report. Will report back when I hear more.

I'll need a little more time to assess the overall opinion on this change, but if it's mostly negative, I'd push hard for this to be revertedĀ 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for replying Chris.

The cynic in me might think this was done as a quick and dirty fix to the matchmaking - people can join OK in lobby but usually not with event in progress... I hope that was not the case.

Even with new update, it put me in a new lobby as host rather than into a game in progress with plenty of spaces. This is very poor.

I hope the changed to 1 race then back to lobby was not done to solve this... as above, a crazy amount of time is spent in lobby vs racing now.

I have spoken to most of the active PC players, and if anything the feeling is maybe 5 races before back to lobby if anything would be the most wanted scenario, to get a good little championship going - but certainly not this dire situation that you have made now where it is 1 race then back to lobby that is a joke šŸ˜ž

Edited by MooRacer

I'm in full agreement with MooRacer on this subject. The quickplay is completely ruined for me now, spending as much (if not MORE) time loading and in skirmish than actually playing the damn game.

It's a joke to be honest, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous format of 3 races then change of cars. If it ain't broke...Ā 

Hell, I would have actually suggested increasing it to 4 or 5 races a turn to reduce the time spent waiting vs racing. Please please please revert this immediately!