AI in qualy is just pathetic

Seriously i dont understand...On 2018 its okay, then 2019 its messed up again. I am talking about the ai not giving a single F when they are on an outlap, they just stay on the racing line and block you like its intentional. I have it in every single qualy, i dont expect it to get fixed because they must be working on 2020 but seriously its a shame...

Edited by CLCYSpanias
  • Agree 1

It's the same with lapped cars during the race, they'll get in the way and brake test you on the way out of the next corner. This kind of thing didn't happen on the PS3 games so have no idea why it would suddenly start on this one

• Agree 1

I actually find them quite good in qualy... if they’re not on a hotlap they get out pf your way and don’t overtake you if they’re behind you. They seem quite intelligent in this sense to me

• Disagree 1

@dalerossi the AI is an absolute farce, thank you for posting this. The game is no fun with an AI that will brake test you, not only when you are lapping them, but when you battle them. This has to be fixed otherwise the games will become horrific. Just look at what EA did with FIFA 20, Codemasters and F1 are on the same path

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, DaleRossi said:

AI is an embarrassment. In my last weekly, I got brake checked...going into a DRS zone.

Thats not a brake check! You were lapping him! You should have known he’d get off throttle mid corner. That’s what they do. Not ideal(yes it would have been better for him to let you past on the straight), but thats what the ai do when being lapped. You’ve played enough to know that.

It’s definitely not reflective of the way the AI behaves in normal racing.

It’s a known problem when lapping them but hardly a big deal, just be careful coming into corners directly behind them when lapping them and you’ll be fine.

• Disagree 2

Totally agree. Im my career (95 / 100 % Race), for example Austria, the AI Driver takes for 3 Stints the Soft Tires. Only for the 4th Stint they use the medium. This is really embarrassing for a F1 Simulation. 

• Agree 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:12 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

Thats not a brake check! You were lapping him! You should have known he’d get off throttle mid corner. That’s what they do. Not ideal(yes it would have been better for him to let you past on the straight), but thats what the ai do when being lapped. You’ve played enough to know that.

It’s definitely not reflective of the way the AI behaves in normal racing.

It’s a known problem when lapping them but hardly a big deal, just be careful coming into corners directly behind them when lapping them and you’ll be fine.

Yes it's back marker lift off not actual brake checking but just because that's the way the ai does it doesn't mean it should be acceptable! Irl the back marker would have got a penalty for dangerous driving, it's not possible to switch lines round corners especially the Senna esses shown in this example. IF you slow down completely every time you approach a back marker to figure out how to get safely past the guy behind you will probably pass you and /or blame YOU for brake checking. 

Back markers shouldn't suddenly slow down during corners period. That has to be easy to program, if wheel is turning keep on throttle etc. They don't even need to get out of the way just hold their line on straight and lift off SLIGHTLY. 

Again, just because a game does something badly does not mean that it's a players fault for not learning the games issues and adapting accordingly. 

• Agree 3

I agree. I want to play without flashbacks but ******** like this is the only thing making me keep flashbacks available. You can bet that in Qualifying the Ai will come out of the pits when you start your flying lap and will actually race you into turn 1 and then suddenly brake mid corner ON the racing line. They could easily lift off the throttle when they come out of the pits and I am alongside then instead of racing me into turn 1. This is not acceptable for any game/sim and is for me the biggest issue I have with this game and that says a lot. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Uppern said:

I agree. I want to play without flashbacks but ******** like this is the only thing making me keep flashbacks available. You can bet that in Qualifying the Ai will come out of the pits when you start your flying lap and will actually race you into turn 1 and then suddenly brake mid corner ON the racing line. They could easily lift off the throttle when they come out of the pits and I am alongside then instead of racing me into turn 1. This is not acceptable for any game/sim and is for me the biggest issue I have with this game and that says a lot. 

So glad it's not just for me. I don't play career but I did used to use Grand Prix Mode....but yeah, pointless until it's fixed.

• Agree 1

I kind of agree, but it’s not that big an issue, and also i don’t mind some variability/unpredictability in the AI. They should not be perfect all the time as others have said multiple times.

I know it’s not exactly the same thing, but you do all sound a bit hypocritical...

“We want the AI to make more mistakes”.... “but i’m gonna create a moan thread if they make one that affects me”.

• Disagree 2

15 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I kind of agree, but it’s not that big an issue, and also i don’t mind some variability/unpredictability in the AI. They should not be perfect all the time as others have said multiple times.

I know it’s not exactly the same thing, but you do all sound a bit hypocritical...

“We want the AI to make more mistakes”.... “but i’m gonna create a moan thread if they make one that affects me”.

Those back markers are NOT making random ai mistakes, they are carrying out inappropriate pre-programmed actions to an approaching player car. 

• Agree 2

Yes i know that, but it does add a unpredictable element to the AI. You have to be careful around them.

In this scenario you are right, they could behave a bit better when trying to let the player past when being lapped, but overall i’m all for more unpredictable AI.

Edited by kalamazoo123
Typo
  • Disagree 1