Season 1 Impressions

Yesterday I had time to play S1 content, 2 hours in campaign and 2 hours in private lobby multiplayer.

Here are my impressions:

- bots are very fast in Paris, with hot hatches I was really struggling to keep up with them on VH

- Paris itself is awesome, feels better than in Autosport

- new cars are very fun, but I have some doubts about the balance. AWD cars are way easier to win with, because of excellent launch and superior corner exit traction. With the Mini, I had really hard time chasing bots, but with Audi I went from 14th to 5th before even the first turn

- cars still look filty and scratched when starting a race 😞 I don't even want to bother with those new unlockable liveries, what's the point if it's all covered in scratches anyway?

- 2 lap races on 2,5km track are back... I have no idea what Codies are thinking here. Tough Paris bots + 2 lap race + FWD car = forget about even being on the podium, there's simply to time to catch the bots... only quali helps and I find it really lame to be forced to run quali

- new career events are pretty fun nevertheless, new car class and new track are all nicely implemented into some fun (but short) championships

- still no option to set grid size for private multiplayer lobbies 😞 I'm playing with 1 friend, and we're forced to play with 14 bloodthirsty bots, or no bots at all

- still no option to move the camera during replays... I wanted to take some cool screenshots of my races, but it's pointless to even try. Please, re-enable moving cam for replays, like it was in Autosport!

- NEAR MISS seems to be triggering nicely now, both me and my buddy achieved 1st rank of this trophy after just few multiplayer races. I wish TWO WHEELS was triggering more, I had lots of situations when I was going on 2 wheels but the game never noticed

- still no Racenet challenges... COME ON CODEMASTERS!

- still no money from multiplayer races - this is something I really don't understand. When using loan vehicle, game warns you, that you'll lose some of your earnings... but you don't earn anything (except for XP, that is useless) so what the hell? You choose to not create a separate multiplayer game, with its own progression, everything is mixed up here... so how people are supposed to buy new cars, if they choose to ignore the career?

- still can't change car tuning in multiplayer, and this is pretty bizarre. I just mentioned you didn't do a single/multi game separation, like you did in G2 and Autosport. So the cars I have tuned in singleplayer, keep their tuning for multiplayer, which is RIDICULOUS. My singleplayer time attack build for, say, FD2 Civic with supershort gear ratios and suspension set for taking kerbs is not going to work for 5 race event that contains long straights... and not only I can't change those tunings, I can't even look at them. So it's always a surprise, will the car work or not? As I don't remember all the tunings I did for career mode.

This is really critical, Codies. I mean it. You dun goofed this one really bad.

Overall, we were pretty happy with Season 1. I wish we got more tracks, 1 recycled track per season does not sound good enough, considering the state of the game on release.

I don't mind recycling tracks at all, Autosport (and Grid 2) had lots of great tracks with multiple layouts, like Dubai or Chicago. We need those 3 missing SPRINT tracks back also 🙂

Looking forward to play more of S1 content during weekend. The game is going in the right direction, but I wish it went a bit faster 🙂

• Agree 8

The track and it's layouts are surprisingly good and entertaining imo. It will do the job for now.

As a non Premium user, I still can't find the Clio to loan on free race, but I've tested it last night on MP racing on Silverstone. 

It was... ok I guess, not the greatest thing but not bad either. Still didn't hooked me enough to upgrade to Ultimate Edition. I don't think the content so far is worth the price. But it is nice to have more events and stuff. 

Career needs a racing length option badly... I'm with TC on this one.

11 minutes ago, Leocp said:

As a non Premium user, I still can't find the Clio to loan on free race, but I've tested it last night on MP racing on Silverstone. 

Class: Invitational 

Tier: Super Hatches 

The Clio is the first option in the class and there's a 'Loan' button at the bottom of the screen 🙂

For Career race lengths: As announced, we're intending to put a test for this live on PC soon, so you we can assess the feedback and look at rolling it out in full, for all platforms 🙂

• Thanks 2

You can see the Love from the Developers in this Season 1 DLC! It is fantastic and it is the best DLC from all Racing games I have ever played, it is amazing!

The Career mode is so much more fun, there is more veriety in the tracks and disciplines

Paris looks awesome! Never saw a game before what looks so good, the Details are amazing, the Eifeltower, The Trumphbogen, it is amazing, especially at night with the amazing lights from the Eifeltower, so cool!

The AI in Paris is finally a dream in this game! they are on hard really hard and on very hard really very hard, you can see the love from the developers and they listened to us with the slow AI, now please also make the AI so fast and so good in all the other tracks in this game, this is a very big progress!

33 Events in the career mode are really long for a dlc, this is what a dlc should be

Thank you so much Codemasters, this is a very good pre Christmas present from you 🙂 🙂 The Season 1 is the best Step to get a very good grid game, make the AI in the Future in the other tracks so good like in paris and this is the best Racing game ever, I can't wait for the Career Lenght Patch 😄 😄 

This is a very good job from you Codies, thank you! 🙂

Edited by Katzenkralle91
  • Haha 7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Class: Invitational 

Tier: Super Hatches 

The Clio is the first option in the class and there's a 'Loan' button at the bottom of the screen 🙂

For Career race lengths: As announced, we're intending to put a test for this live on PC soon, so you we can assess the feedback and look at rolling it out in full, for all platforms 🙂

Man, I swear I looked everywhere but I haven't find it! I'm gonna give it a shot today, maybe I needed to reset the game or something. Thank you :)

Yeah, and about the race length thing I'm really looking forward to it, close to the release of the second season :)

3 hours ago, Leocp said:

Man, I swear I looked everywhere but I haven't find it! I'm gonna give it a shot today, maybe I needed to reset the game or something. Thank you 🙂

Yeah, and about the race length thing I'm really looking forward to it, close to the release of the second season 🙂

In free play in car class option chose Seasons 

Job well done guys. Paris tracks are great, new cars are nice, no complaints from me (this time 😁) New mp setup, to me seems to be THE alternative once public lobbies are in place🤞

Edited by MrMadArnie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

This was my actual target, unlike the shadow problem thread. My auto pilot system of my Corvette C6R GT1 is busted, so I had to drive it manually.

Why is everybody attacking the OP? Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he was paid by Codemasters. He is of his own free will, let him like the game if he wants.

You guys are getting desperate. Custom lobbies and AI removal will be coming early as Season 2. Because you guys are are afraid of what you guys said would be void as soon as Season 2 launches, you have very little time remaining on the clock before you fall behind. Not saying that is the cause of your frustration, but that is my assumption so far. 

Finally somebody who is correct and don't write useless things like "he get money"

I never was so attacked in a community like here.... I only enjoy this game and like it, is this so awful if somebody like this game? And this is how you have said it, They will fix all these issues in Season 2, never saw a community like this, Attacking other People because they like a game....

And I will say it again and again and again: I like this game, it has his faults but they will listen to us, every game has its faults, I don't know a game, which is perfect, okay Dirt Rally 2.0 is also from Codemasters, I love this game it is nearly perfect, but Grid is also a good game IN MY OPINION 

Every Human has his Opinion, if somebody don't like it, okay, it is so, I accept every Opinion and respect everybody but I whould never attack him with Sentences like in this post....

Edited by Katzenkralle91
  • Agree 5

18 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Why is everybody attacking the OP? Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he was paid by Codemasters. He is of his own free will, let him like the game if he wants.

With all due respect it wasn't so long ago you were doing exactly the same thing so before you climb any further up the hypocrisy ladder then maybe you should just step back and think about what you're saying. Instead of just out and out assuming (as you always do), if you take a little time to read those comments properly then even you might recognise that they were homour/sarcasm orientated. After all, it appears everyone else has taken them in the spirit they were intended so surely it can't be that difficult.

Unless of course there is no paragraph explaining the difference between insult and sarcasm in 'the wannabe book of tips and tactics on how to feel special and worthwhile on the road to becoming an administrator' that you seem to have acquired. A book that i'm sure will also include a short paragraph explaining the word "obnoxious". 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Some more bulletpoins after playing more S1 career:

- prize money seems to be all over the place in those S1 championships... some races will give you over 100K, and then there are some that are not easier or shorter, but will reward you with 10K 🙂

- hot hatch showdown is the FIRST real showdown in the game! Showdowns in vanilla game were very underwhelming, very short and pretty boring. This one is tough and long, 5 laps around long Paris circuit in the rain, with superfast bots driving Audi. I wonder if it's even beatable with a FWD hot hatch

- loading times seem to be a bit longer indeed

• Agree 1

Friendly reminder to everyone here: play nice.

• People are allowed to like this game.
  • People are allowed to not like this game.
  • People are allowed to share their opinions no matter which side of the fence they sit on.
  • People are not allowed to accuse others of being paid shills.

If you want to object to somebody’s opinion, do it though debating what they have said, not passive-aggressive attacks on one’s character. There is no place for that kind of nonsense here.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 3

i had fun for 2 hrs yesterday once season 1 DLC finally downloaded on steam. (4 days later ?)

Racenet challenges ?  that has never done anything in this game.

loved the audi but game needs tracks very badly.

staying hopeful tracks get pumped out quickly equaling the amount in G.A.S.

gonna go finish off some more cups now & finally raced against 6 real players online.

I do not know why 3 people (Will not reveal names) disliked PJ's post. I know this game could have been better. BUT the thing is we (as a community) need to ask ourselves this: How far is too far in criticizing a Video Game?

Edited by CordedQuill42
DISCLAIMER
  • Disagree 1

hello @ChrisGrovesMCM 🙂 I still enjoy Season 1, the AI in Paris is really good and Challenging 🙂 I also love the City, especially at night it looks sooo cool, I have a question, will the Grid Team improve the AI in the other Tracks and make them faster? 🙂 I can't wait for the next Update and the next Season 2 😉 

I play very often a custom Championship with 5 Sessions 😄 If the AI driver will be faster on very hard this whould be a dream 😉 I Know I have asked it very often with the AI sorry 😄 But it whould be a dream if the AI is very good in every track next year. I am very excited for Season 2 😉

- final showdown reward was surprising, but... I won't use that reward, because after one race, it will look terrible. Carbon livery + 'artistic choice' of making cars look trashed = NOPE. So the prize must wait until you actually implement some option, that will disable this forced trashed look.

- final showdown is also a proper showdown, not some silly 3 laps run around the block like your vanilla game showdowns. 7 laps in rain on the track on which bots are very fast = fun + challenge. Good luck with your FWD cars vs RavenDeltas 🙂 Tried twice, with Audi and with a Mini, won with Audi, couldn't even get close with a Mini

- those 2 single track events that lead to the final give you like 5x more money than the finale does, despide being much shorter and much easier

Would be nice if the SEASON was more then just 1 track and 4 cars. Is DRIFT and Drag and Checkpoint ever coming back?? 

@ChrisGrovesMCM have you seen my posts re: FFB problems after S1 update - on my fanatec CSW 2.5 Xbox one - any response / comment / clarification on a fix or any acknowledgement would be appreciated! Thanks,

@ChrisGrovesMCM - trying this again now most people are back to work... Can you help / reply / input??

... have you seen my posts re: FFB problems after S1 update - on my fanatec CSW 2.5 Xbox one - any response / comment / clarification on a fix or any acknowledgement would be appreciated!