Shadow draw-distance bug only with driver camera view

@ChrisGrovesMCM Hi Chris, I just noticed something with the shadow issues we've been reporting.

Notice in the start of the video, I am using the in-car view without the driver arms and wheel. Notice the far shadows of the trees are drawn. Then I switch cameras to the in-car view with the wheel, and suddenly the (not so far) shadows disappear and have a much lower draw distance.

You said in the past that this is a difficult problem to solve. I don't agree. I think this is a bug somewhere in the camera configuration files, and can be easily patched to have similar parameters as the other in-car view. Please send to team for a fix.

Edited by Leo Natan

I'd assume this is an optimisation, as they're instead drawing a lot more cockpit content. But yeah, on high-end PCs that optimisation may not be needed!

You think the car internals are a lot more detailed than the vehicle itself (which includes drawing less detailed internals and the driver)? I don't believe this is reasonable.

In addition to the problem described in this thread, the video is also a good example of the tone mapping issue in cockpit view (being too dark).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Leo Natan said:

Bumping is considered illegal in the forum rules, and Barry is part of the Birmingham studio that developes the F1 games 🙂

Apologies. It's been a while, and I couldn't get Chris to respond, as you can see from the rest of the thread.

• Like 1

I deleted the game until it get fixed, I like to play only with cockpit view.

Is a shame to see only 3° person view from this game on YouTube, this hides from people the bug!

Edited by LottaLava
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, LottaLava said:

I deleted the game until it get fixed, I like to play only with cockpit view.

Is a shame to see only 3° person view from this game on YouTube, this hides from people the bug!

I've been trying to get the attention of CMs here to pass this, but radio silence. Probably won't get fixed.

• Platform: PC
  • Game Version: 1.0.114.7116 (this is from the exe version, couldn't find it elsewhere in the menu)
  • Game Mode: The video above is from quick race with the player car as the only one on the track
    • Track used: Paris
    • Vehicle: Audi hot hatch

My PC config:

• Intel i7 5960X
  • nVidia 1080 Ti
  • 16GB RAM

Settings are at the top.

@ChrisGrovesMCM

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I've asked a couple of times now about a possible fix for the Cockpit view FoV setting. On a 49" 32/9 screen at 24" away the Fov needs to be about 33. The cockpit is way too zoomed out for anyone that wants an authentic in-car view. The incorrect Fov makes the sense of speed wrong too as it stretches the track out.

Please tell me it will be looked into.

Cheers.