Sign in to follow this  

Oh, the feels... 😊

Looking forward to this too. I have about six more upgrades to complete my Haas. Should finish it during Silverstone. Wish I'd picked a different car now. I'll never have two million coins for a car. Hopefully they'll add the existing F1 tracks they already have to the list like Spa, Austria, Catalunya and Hockenheim. Any others?

They have Spa, Austria, Catalunya, Hockenheim, and probably some others I

RR3 actually has a lot of those official F1 tracks, but most of them aren't in the F1 season yet.

• Agree 1

I hope they add them. RR3 has better capability to adapt quickly compared to F1 Mobile which didn't even have 2019 cars until halfway through the season. Plus there are two new tracks to design. Will Codemasters and Eden get those up and running with new cars by March 2020? I have my doubts.

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Looking forward to this too. I have about six more upgrades to complete my Haas. Should finish it during Silverstone. Wish I'd picked a different car now. I'll never have two million coins for a car. Hopefully they'll add the existing F1 tracks they already have to the list like Spa, Austria, Catalunya and Hockenheim. Any others?

Wowzers! So far, I have 19/36 upgrades done on the Mercedes. The last challenge required 126.6 PR so I upgraded the car to 126.7 PR to increase my odds. Let’s hope subsequent tracks don’t require ever increasing PR or I’ll need to keep racking up M$180k for many days to come! 😅

• Haha 1

I may have been away from RR3 for too long (since F1 2016 😉). It looks like completing the Abu Dhabi challenge unlocked the 2019 Champion Series, which requires ever increasing PR, and the Invitational Series, which requires a fully upgraded car. Challenge accepted!

• Agree 1

I hate to break it to you but you will soon hit the paywall and require GOLD to upgrade your car. LOTS of gold. As in loads. As in hundreds of pounds worth of gold. As in you could purchase F1 2020 on PS4 for less money than it will cost you to have a fully upgraded mercedes. In fact probably many copies.

This is why I gave up with RR3. They would do better to let you purchase the game. Or even parts of the game - at reasonable prices. Stadia will kill off these games soon I suspect.

Yes, I remember the gold paywall from back in the day. 😭 RR3 wants me to pay 600 gold to buy the FE season 5 car. Lol. If that’s the case with F1, I’ll happily pass on the Invitational Series and focus on enjoying the other events. I think it’s pretty cool that the Grand Prix 2019 Season event requires a new car for each track. 💪 My lineup:

Abu Dhabi GP: Mercedes

British GP: McLaren

Italian GP: Ferrari

Japanese GP: RedBull

US GP: Haas

Remember that your bonus for finishing each stage doesn't count towards the daily 180,000  limit. Either does the 25%, 50%, 75% etc for completion in the 2019 Championship Series.

Hang on your gold, most of us have never paid for gold yet we pretty much a full garage all fully upgraded. We tend to maximise team events to get extra gold.

Can I suggest you join the forum at myrealracing.club nearly all of us long time racers from RR3 and earlier use that forum. Guys there are all pretty cool and can guide you though the best way to maximise gold. Most of us always carry a bank of a minimum of 10,000 gold at a time.

Presently I'm stuck on stage 3 at Silverstone waiting to get more M$ for upgrades. Got the Renault this time around, sound is awful, totally different than my Ferrari, its like an annoying whine! Still I'm thinking the car actually has more grip than the Ferrari but it could be because my Ferrari is FU and the Renault is only at 9/36 upgrades.

Edited by expectingrain

FWIW  The guys are saying that the fastest car is the Ferrari SF90 followed by the McLaren with the Mercedes 3rd. They are judging this from the times in the TT.

Luckily I've got the SF90 in the garage, still working on the Renault. 

For farming M$ the Champions 2019 at Monza 3 laps around 4 mins for $30,000 after that the daily head to head in the Academy car.

Edited by expectingrain

On 12/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, iainc said:

I hate to break it to you but you will soon hit the paywall and require GOLD to upgrade your car. LOTS of gold. As in loads. As in hundreds of pounds worth of gold. As in you could purchase F1 2020 on PS4 for less money than it will cost you to have a fully upgraded mercedes. In fact probably many copies.

This is why I gave up with RR3. They would do better to let you purchase the game. Or even parts of the game - at reasonable prices. Stadia will kill off these games soon I suspect.

I though this would happen but so far there is no gold required ... it seems the F1 money works differently to the other RR3 cars ... so far so good ... 

I also enjoy the graphics more ... real Halo and no annoying racing line painted on the floor ... and the actual quali laps don't have the stupid ghost cars you always start the lap IN in F1 mobile racing (they never added the Off switch for that which I've been asking for since the release of the game)

This time it's not the Gold barrier, but the M$ requirements. I've noticed a pattern of getting to the last race of each day and being just short of increasing your power requirements to proceed, courtesy of the very well placed limit of earnings you can obtain daily. I will admit I made a small purchase to just get me over the line and own a Haas the first time, but it is far from a fully upgraded car. However, even this underpowered car was able to finish the 2019 Champion Series of 15 races very quickly. This time I am racing at Silverstone with a Ferrari and I don't believe I will be able to finish the event in the allowed time frame without a small purchase. Is it worth spending the money? To answer this question, I must look to what the future of the F1 category offers and it's bleak. I can redo the already completed series in my Ferrari. Not interested. I can compete in the Invitational Series, but this is for fully upgraded cars only and at the exponentially growing rate of upgrades, I can't even guess at what sort of M$'s I will need to spend on the Ferrari. And then you're faced with the prospect of only partially completing the series because you only have one fully upgraded car. Then, assuming you complete all five series in time you can "race the Safety Car" I mean what? I honestly have no idea what this means.

All in all, despite some very good racing and enjoyable cars to drive, I don't think this leopard has changed its spots. RR3 continues to be prohibitively costly and with too many limitations on upward mobility... meaning you quickly hit the "Okay, that's finished, came first in every race, now what?" sense. It seems RR3 is destined to go back in the cryogenic chamber to be downloaded again when I've forgotten about its core tenet of acquiring every possible cent of its customers bank accounts.

Edited by Dr Zaius