Real Racing 3

It's very telling that many of the F1 Mobile regulars are playing RR3 for its alternative universe of entertaining gaming. It's recent inclusion of Formula 1 cars and numerous racing challenges highlight something we have been saying for a long time. That this game is bereft of ideas. For me personally, it has become a dreary car collecting game with extremely infrequent rewards. By contrast I can play six, 3 lap races in RR3 and upgrade my engine or aerodynamics or tyres. RR3 moves quickly and progress is swift. Codemasters are going to lose the gaming war in 2020 if they don't re-evaluate their model. Which is tragic, given that "this" is the official F1 game.

The crazy thing is Codemasters can build a better game. They just choose not to. Our comments and suggestions over the first year after the game’s release are filled with brilliant ideas that can be used to build an unrivaled F1 racing experience for mobile gamers. Will they listen? History suggests we look elsewhere. And we have.

39 minutes ago, Fierce said:

The crazy thing is Codemasters can build a better game. They just choose not to. Our comments and suggestions over the first year after the game’s release are filled with brilliant ideas that can be used to build an unrivaled F1 racing experience for mobile gamers. Will they listen? History suggests we look elsewhere. And we have.

I declare an official mutiny! Abandon this sinking ship and board the good ship SS Real Racing 3!

• Haha 1

I've been racing Real Racing 2 and Real Racing 3 since they were both introduced and moved to Mobile F1 about 6 months ago. What attracted me here was the full roster of F1 tracks and the duels,

In my garage I've got 260 cars 3/4 of which I've hardly driven since i got them. Still a member of one of the top 50 teams and still compete in the team challenges from time to time but frankly after nearly 9 years of RR2 and RR3 I've become bored with the same old tracks I've been around thousands of times and the constant pursuit to upgrade the endless number of new cars as they come out

Obviously I'm a huge F1 fan but now having a fully upgraded Ferrari SF90 and finished the 2019 Champion Series and Invitational Series what else is left? Just 5 tracks to race in the rotational daily challenge? Waa I'm bored again. Unless the F1 cars come up in a weekly OMP all Ive got to do is a 2 lap race which I can win easily. I was sort of hoping the next team challenge (OMP) would include the new F! cars but it's going to be in GT4 cars in which I have no interest.

So while we all get frustrated with the idiots in this game, it does  (at least for me) have far more attraction than RR3 with the variety of tracks . I've sent them a simple fix but I doubt they will listen, meantime I just race the Qualifying and Sprint races and close and reopen the app if I see a Grid start. Ughh!

I'll go in and get one more car in another day when they become available to win because I want a Renault in my garage, but don't write off mobile F1 just yet.

Edited by expectingrain

Fellow OG RR2 player here. 👋

Neither game is perfect, but I’m glad RR3 has given us something new (better?) to sink our teeth into and spare us from the doldrums of F1MR. Maybe it’s because you started playing F1MR 6 months ago, but the game launched with a handful of tracks as well and others were added over subsequent months. You may have also missed the emotional rollercoaster that the bugfest that is F1MR put us through. I’m sure RR3 will get monotonous. It did back in the day and I don’t expect any different now. Even the great F1 2016, arguably the best mobile F1 game ever, got a little long in the tooth after a (long!) while. All three games have their pros and cons, but, in my opinion, the gimmicky AF F1MR is the worst of the lot when it comes to delivering the F1 experience that we’re all here for. I tried going back to F1MR to redo the events, but I was quickly reminded of how spatially unaware the AI are and I’m even more grateful we have an alternative outlet to live the F1 dream.

I just completed the 2019 Championship Series and got enough money to make just one upgrade. 😭 I expect I’ll play some of the events a million more times to accumulate enough M$ to fully upgrade my Mercedes. It’s probably just me, but I 100% prefer this option to a boatload of random cards which do absolutely nothing to improve some custom car.

Here’s to hoping the next Team Competition is for us F1 fans. 💪 

I am sick of the "donkey and the carrot" trick Codemasters use to keep us playing. Continuing the belief that the one elusive card will upgrade a part and finally you will be fastest on the straights. Yet every time my car has improved the AI are still faster. At least with RR3 you can see the effect of upgrading straight line speed or cornering. At the higher levels F1 Mobile stagnates and offers the player nothing but more cards for common parts and still we're limited to single lap races, often not much more than 60 seconds. I spend longer brushing my teeth.

Ok, I finally got my new 7th gen iPad that allows me to evaluate this game as I’m an avid RR3 player from day one. I’ll have my comments after a few days with this game🏎

Edited by FOneFanatic

26 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I am sick of the "donkey and the carrot" trick Codemasters use to keep us playing. Continuing the belief that the one elusive card will upgrade a part and finally you will be fastest on the straights. Yet every time my car has improved the AI are still faster. At least with RR3 you can see the effect of upgrading straight line speed or cornering. At the higher levels F1 Mobile stagnates and offers the player nothing but more cards for common parts and still we're limited to single lap races, often not much more than 60 seconds. I spend longer brushing my teeth.

Gimmicky AF.

OK the votes are in. I installed the game, played for a while and didn't care for it one bit. Why? For one the steering didn't respond well to the tilt function of my iPad as it does in RR3 and I found the car understeering major. Also for the 5-10 minutes I played the game, my iPad heated up on the backside like crazy, meaning that there was just too much overuse of the processor for such little visual and auditory haptics.  I finally uninstalled the game and may return to it at some later time. But for now, it's Real Racing 3 baby!  

Well, haven’t played F1 mobile since changing over. Anyone also moved there, either temporary or permanently can check in MyRealRacing Club forum under topic Facebook linking to my game FB account and can add me then we can set challenges against one another on the time trials. 

Nice knowing you CM, but it’s now a final goodbye.