Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Something is coming closer...

28 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Considering the McRae connections, it's highly likely that, as others have said, we will get the 22B Impreza it's synonymous with both him and Codemasters rally games. Not to have it would be like Star Wars without lightsabers. Anyway, we will see.......

It hasn’t been in a Dirt/ Codemasters game for about 15 years though so it’s not guaranteed is it

Edited by Pieman99

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

@JorritVD be like:

Image result for inspector seb

he is like ... hmmm is he or is it me on the HOTSEAT??!!

thank you so much for this feature, finally! :classic_love:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack4688 said:

The 22B Impreza was a road car only. That name did not feature on the WRC machine from 1997-2000. We all know what car you mean, I’m just being a pedantic little tw*t 🙂

Not pedantic @Jack4688: 22B knowledge is a key skill for a DiRTy Gossiper!

Detention for @Rogerbee:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

100% sure its going to be the introduction of road sections, where you get massively frustrated sat behind tractors trying to get to SS1 which is 80 miles away from service.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:

100% sure its going to be the introduction of road sections, where you get massively frustrated sat behind tractors trying to get to SS1 which is 80 miles away from service.

As a farmer and a rally co-driver, I feel personally attacked by this

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RallyDriven said:

As a farmer and a rally co-driver, I feel personally attacked by this

It'd be pretty realistic though. Bit like the drag out from Welshpool to Dyfi!!

1 hour ago, SquadBruce said:

That’s gonna be an even longer trek back to Hawke’s Bay from Whaanga Coast 😂

Allright Codies. Game on. Please release that car in patch 1.22b.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Not pedantic @Jack4688: 22B knowledge is a key skill for a DiRTy Gossiper!

Detention for @Rogerbee:classic_laugh:

LOL! I owned CMR on the PS1 and only got back into the games again about a month ago. I've only had DR2 a week.

• Haha 2

I'll just go ahead and confirm that the Nissan F2 sound is already in the game and that's all there is to it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rogerbee said:

LOL! I owned CMR on the PS1 and only got back into the games again about a month ago. I've only had DR2 a week.

Ha! That was my introduction to the series as well, hard to believe it was over 20 years ago... 

...the 22B confusion is VERY common subject on here, so much so that it has its own thread! 

1 hour ago, bogani said:

I'll just go ahead and confirm that the Nissan F2 sound is already in the game and that's all there is to it.

It’s the audio for the Golf IV isn’t it? I’m sure I read that on this forum, might even be this thread 😅

• Agree 1

Alright Pijay, how about ruling out a whole new year/season of new rallies, just so we don't get actually excited about this, hmm?

12 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Ha! That was my introduction to the series as well, hard to believe it was over 20 years ago... 

...the 22B confusion is VERY common subject on here, so much so that it has its own thread! 

Very enlightening!

12 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

It’s the audio for the Golf IV isn’t it? I’m sure I read that on this forum, might even be this thread 😅

Yes it is. 

Something is happening right now! A new update! 1.12 is downloading! Only another 8 hours to go..... (What am I going to do with the time!?)

56 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Something is happening right now! A new update! 1.12 is downloading! Only another 8 hours to go..... (What am I going to do with the time!?)

It's the normal update. patch notes here:

1 hour ago, warpengage said:

Similar engines I'd wager?

Well, they are both 4 cyl 2 litre, but other than that not much similarities. Biggest difference is the Golf use 5 valves per cylinder, where as all other kitcars use 4. 
But maybe they sound about the same anyway🤷‍♂️ 

http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/vw-golf-mk-iv-kit-car

http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/nissan-sunny-n14-kit-car

14 minutes ago, lindbergtommie said:

Well, they are both 4 cyl 2 litre, but other than that not much similarities. Biggest difference is the Golf use 5 valves per cylinder, where as all other kitcars use 4. 
But maybe they sound about the same anyway🤷‍♂️ 

http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/vw-golf-mk-iv-kit-car

http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/nissan-sunny-n14-kit-car

Neither of them sounded like the high revving monsters the French kit cars did.