DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Something is coming closer...

7 hours ago, JorritVD said:

It's the normal update. patch notes here:

Only got the game the other week and only discovered these forums a few days ago so I'm not fully up to speed yet.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Snoopy43 said:

I don’t think so 🙂 Is January Spring? 🤔 In Poland we call it winter 😜

It must be Spring somewhere in this world right... 😛 

If @PJTierney is thinking of the British Spring, we'll have to wait until June or July... 😮 

@PJTierney, you can put that one in the 'future excuses'-, '#soon'-box or whatever you guys call it. You're welcome.

Still something more is coming and I'm still convinced our reaction will be along the lines of this:

source.gif

or this:

source.gif

or maybe this:

giphy.gif

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

If @PJTierney is thinking of the British Spring, we'll have to wait until June or July... 😮 

Aww that's cute, you think Britain has Spring.

It's either winter or the Sahara.

• Haha 9

42 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Aww that's cute, you think Britain has Spring.

It's either winter or the Sahara.

Wait, so Forza Horizon 4 has been lying to me all this time?!? 😧 

1 hour ago, KingOfCoins said:

Wait, so Forza Horizon 4 has been lying to me all this time?!? 😧 

Yep, and also, our trees aren’t that destructible 

wrc2011-2016.thumb.png.c883375c7120faa76ecb2b41065682fd.png

@PJTierney deliberately only denied the climb to the hill, but did not deny the 2011-2016 WRCars?, so the 2011-2016 WRCars are confirmed?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

@PJTierney deliberately only denied the climb to the hill, but did not deny the 2011-2016 WRCars?, so the 2011-2016 WRCars are confirmed?

I'm not holding my breath. When I get excited about these things they don't happen.

How nice would it be to have a class of 2010's WR*hit by WRC Promoter*... sorry, "Up to 1600cc" class.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

No 2010s WRC cars planned for DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Whilst you seem to be in a confirming what's NOT coming mood, more RX cars? Specifically Mini Classic Rallycross? 😉 

• Haha 1

I really hope for more locations. If we get more cars it will be fine but to be honest, I don't use 60-70% of them. So adding more and more cars is not what I am looking for. Of course I will buy DLC to support the game but my focus is on locations instead of cars. It seems that everyone is getting excited more about cars than about available locations  🙄 I am sure that nobody is using 100% of cars while playing the game. After almost one year after the release date there are cars that I have never tried... 

I am glad that there won't be Hillclimb. It was fun, for sure, but there is no point of putting it into DR 2.0 in my opinion. 

I will be happy to get something new but I have no idea what it will be 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 4

Holy smoking tires, dudes - it looks a serious possibility we are getting an entire new year of seasons, ie a suite of new rallies! 

PJ is not ruling this out, but he's ruling everything else out. And it would seem to make financial sense, given a likely installed player base of 1M+.

If so, this is going to be beyond amazing. There's never been a rally product with this much to offer. 

Just hope we find out soon, dagnabit! 

• Like 2

I wonder if there actually will be a full new year of DLC season, or if it is one spring DLC, also known as v1.13 what already had been long noted on steamdb. Possible the final version (besides some hotfixes). Without new RX tracks planned a full year of DLC is not really possible imo as I not see Codemasters create a bunch of new Rally locations.

Edited by JorritVD

28 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Holy smoking tires, dudes - it looks a serious possibility we are getting an entire new year of seasons, ie a suite of new rallies! 

PJ is not ruling this out, but he's ruling everything else out. And it would seem to make financial sense, given a likely installed player base of 1M+.

If so, this is going to be beyond amazing. There's never been a rally product with this much to offer. 

Just hope we find out soon, dagnabit! 

Image result for thats bait gif

• Haha 7

I'd like to see some Safari Rally Kenya stages in DiRT Rally 2.0, that would be fun, particularly the unexpected incidents you could have with the wildlife!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

And, to prove my point, there it is. Oh well.

I hope we get a new R5, or two, and maybe an R2. Namely the new Fiestas and the Hyundai's return.

Although I wonder if, due to e-sports, those classes are updateable at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

No new rallies planned for DR2.0?

I hope we do get more rallies, I'd prefer it if RX was done away with if I could have more straight forward rallies.

• Agree 1

I'm already looking for some new future projects to design... Still hoping I will be able to design this one.

@PJTierney, can I keep the image for the expected design project or should I just delete it and not waste my time? 🧐

83673069_767546973741509_299643414222209024_n.jpg.64057df25770598e30e68bc013402b88.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, SquadBruce said:

100% sure its going to be the introduction of road sections, where you get massively frustrated sat behind tractors trying to get to SS1 which is 80 miles away from service.

I mean, I would love little road sections in which you have to manage the time left to get to the SS and don't get catch by the cops doing so 😂

• Like 1

Put me down for more rallies, not fussed about cars.

I'd like enhancements to the RX mode in general, but it doesn't need new tracks. 

• Agree 1

...new locations?...maybe if they plan to go with more seasons BUT there can be only a small "car pack" ...IMO Nissan Sunny N14 Gti, Subaru Legacy RS, Subaru Impreza 97, some liveries are the "something is coming" stuff...if not the PR Codieman can denied it but I think he wont.

Edited by cflot