Something is coming closer...

9 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Not suprisingly that UK has been the most visited featured location.

Has it always been Wales?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

And just still about cars... Really guys? 🙄 Nobody wants new locations?

We want it all; cars, locations, new modes and features. But we’re only speculating on the clues we have to work with 😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Good question. I have no idea as I not have played all the games. Maybe someone else did.

But similar could be said about the USA locations, or basically all locations. 

or is your question a hint 😛 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If I remember correctly the stages names in CMR2.0 sounded North-of-England-ish. Hang on, is this a clue you’re adding something else in UK outside of Wales??????

It’s either gonna be Ulster, Yorkshire, Kielder, Grizedale, Scottish Borders or further north in the Trossachs area.

Before we start OVER-speculating @PJTierney‘s comment was in reply to a comment about ‘UK’, so not including any rallies elsewhere in the British Isles (Rep. of Ireland or Isle of Man) 😉

• Like 1

I know the DiRT1 UK stages were in the Kielder forest. AKA based on the Pirelli rally.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

If I remember correctly the stages names in CMR2.0 sounded North-of-England-ish. Hang on, is this a clue you’re adding something else in UK outside of Wales??????

It’s either gonna be Ulster, Yorkshire, Kielder, Grizedale, Scottish Borders or further north in the Trossachs area.

Before we start OVER-speculating @PJTierney‘s comment was in reply to a comment about ‘UK’, so not including any rallies elsewhere in the British Isles (Rep. of Ireland or Isle of Man) 😉

Republic of Ireland isn't in the the "British Isles" 

Edited by Chewy21398

2 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

I know the DiRT1 UK stages were in the Kielder forest. AKA based on the Pirelli rally.

Thanks for that: I didn't think they were in Wales, but couldn't remember where they actually were! 

Preview video for the last bit of Season 4 is out this evening, wonder how long we will have to wait to find out what is coming? 

1 minute ago, Chewy21398 said:

Republic of Ireland isn't in the the "British Isles" 

Actually it is. British Isles refers to the islands of Britain, Ireland and anything else in between. The distinction is that the nations within those islands is Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom. Great Britain refers only to the countries of England, Scotland and Wales.

A209CB50-3E09-449F-9E46-945AD6B2B32F.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jack4688 said:

Actually it is. British Isles refers to the islands of Britain, Ireland and anything else in between. The distinction is that the nations within those islands is Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom. Great Britain refers only to the countries of England, Scotland and Wales.

Ask any irish person and they'll tell you differently 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Ask any irish person and they'll tell you differently 😂

I'm Irish and the British Isles is technically correct.

Now if you go and say I'm British I'll give you Terminal Damage though 😅

• Haha 6
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Terminal damage like that of Tanak today or what? Because that was one hell of a way to get terminal damage! 😱

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Agree😂

I like how @PJTierney chimes in on the Britain-Ireland-British Isles argument but avoids answering the questions about more stages from said regions appearing in the game 🤪

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

I like how @PJTierney chimes in on the Britain-Ireland-British Isles argument but avoids answering the questions about more stages from said regions appearing in the game 🤪

Can you think of a better way to get all of us gossip fiends clambering about what might be teasers to us shortly?

• Agree 2

On 12/26/2019 at 11:07 PM, BluecatRally said:

So, this thread intrigued me enough to sign up and add my own guess work.  How about the possibility that includes some of the other ideas already put forward.  Perhaps we’re looking at a tribute to mark 25 years since Colin’s World Championship year.  This could comprise the Legacy and a later Impreza, then perhaps a Nova and a Sierra Sapphire and the addition of Derek Ringer and/or Nicky Grist to the list of co-drivers.  Then to push my dreaming even more, there is a lot of publicity specifically currently around L555 BAT.  Perhaps a new full on livery for that car.  Not sure what licensing they’d have to pull strings on for that to happen but I’m wondering if Prodrive and the McRae family might be in support of any such tribute.  And to add finishing touches, how about it being wrapped up in a new career mode themed around a 1995 Group A World Championship season, or alternatively some kind of licensing around the British Rally Championship that would let them include stages from Kielder and wider England and Scotland stages with the ultimate result of them having an alternatively named RAC rally of 1995 including the Grizedale stages and others.

I expect that the majority of this will be wide of the mark, but I’m quite convinced around the possibility of it being something in memory of Colin’s achievements in a milestone year.  I’ve longed for the Legacy for a while and also been hopeful of a return for Derek Ringer so the wallet is on standby.

Just saying!   😂

@PJTierney ‘questioning’ UK locations just ramped up my hopes..

Come on CM..  lets have a right good go through the Grizzlies or Dalby in a Legacy with Derek Ringer calling the shots!!  All with a flutter in the stomach and a little bit of love for Mr ‘flat over crest’..

Spot on!

On 1/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, warpengage said:

Yeah, but PJ put the entire era out of question, sadly. Oh well, we pick up what we can get.

Well, technically...

*pushes glasses up nose*

... there were no 'WRC' cars in DR1 either. I'm not sure about the VW, but the other three in the class were all based on test/show cars and were different visually from the versions which actually rallied.

If you look at the names in game, you'll notice none of the 2000s cars at called 'WRC' either.

That said, from the three cars we know have been recorded, it hardly screams '2010s', so I don't think it's those.

Finally, we have plenty of cars from that era, just in the R-classes.

Anyway, I've no right to hope for this but I have fingers crossed for another R5 or RGT addition, but so far am only convinced of the two Subarus.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, Snoopy43 said:

And just still about cars... Really guys? 🙄 Nobody wants new locations?

Easier to speculate about cars, there's very little to go on for locations. Also, not wanting to raise hopes too much...!

21 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

Will just add to the above that the Isle of Mann is also not part of Great Britain or the UK but is part of the British Isles.

23 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Good question. I have no idea as I not have played all the games. Maybe someone else did.

But similar could be said about the USA locations, or basically all locations. 

or is your question a hint 😛 

IIRC CMR1 was generic UK but the first stages were similar to the old RAC Rally weekend stages on country house grounds. 

CMR2 was rebranded as England (really testing my memory) with stages based on Kielder.

Then Codemasters pretty much shut down for over a decade and the only good game they published was Operation Flashpoint.

Then Dirt Rally came out and it's been an excellent Wales ever since.

Some of the stages I did up in kielder forest for the RAC were incredible, so I’d love for some of those to be added! But if there are new locations coming, I fully expect one to be Ireland 

5 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Will just add to the above that the Isle of Mann is also not part of Great Britain or the UK but is part of the British Isles.

True, if I were to draw a venn-diagram/map of the British Isles my ‘Great Britain’ and ‘United Kingdom’ loops would bypass IoM which would have it’s own ‘Crown Dependancy’ loop drawn around it 😌

On 1/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, JorritVD said:

Talking about locations:

image.png.21a56faab1f9c400f8aa777d8060e9de.png

If I made any mistake, let me know.

I don't know if this could be an indication, but from CMR 2.0, some iconic countries aren't in DR2.0.

It is interesting that DiRT Rally 2.0 has the most Rally locations in the history of Codemasters rally games. 
Not suprisingly that UK has been the most visited featured location. Although it was absent with the more American styled DiRT 2 and DiRT 3 editions.

I forgot that Norway was in DiRT 3. I seem to remember Codemasters visiting Norway around either a rally, or around some rally stages a couple of years ago. Hmm

24 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

I forgot that Norway was in DiRT 3. I seem to remember Codemasters visiting Norway around either a rally, or around some rally stages a couple of years ago. Hmm

Or around the RX round at Hell.

3 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Or around the RX round at Hell.

Nope, it was after DR1, and I remember thinking about some national/regional rally in Norway when I saw where they went. But I cannot remember it, and google doesn't help.

I remember speculating about Rally Hedemarken a while back after Paul Coleman posted pics on his Instagram visiting Norway. 

That was back in October 2017