Something is coming closer...

On 1/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, JorritVD said:

I think the investment to make a new stage for an existing location is similar to an investmet of a new stage for a new location. Marketing wise (and also personally) a new location is much more attractive. It is better for sales to say you have a brand new location than a brand new stage. Also experience wise it would be nice to have new location than something what is already "similar" in the game.

Thanks for the good spot. Will change it.

While I understand your point and I certainly can't say you are wrong I would disagree.

A new location would require new textures, trees, and scenery while a new stage could reuse a lot of these resources. And I certainly hope when the team went to the locations to research them they looked at multiple options just incase there first one wasn't what they were hoping for. 

Rally games have traditionally marketed there quality on number of stages and total stage length in the game, weather it is 12 locations with 24 stages (like we have now) or 6 locations with 24 stages would amount to the same press release and marketing. My issue is I only drive full rallies using only the long stages repeated and reversed  for a 12 stage rally to make a challenging event, so more stages would make it more interesting. A new location with 2 stages would still mean repeating the same stages more than is preferred but would mean a longer championship. So personally more stages is what I'm after. 

However, I hope ONE of us is right as more content is more content and that makes me happy. 

Stages,  locations and old or new cars, I don't really care. Just want to get my hands on more rally stuff.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, happyboy1974 said:

While I understand your point and I certainly can't say you are wrong I would disagree.

A new location would require new textures, trees, and scenery while a new stage could reuse a lot of these resources. And I certainly hope when the team went to the locations to research them they looked at multiple options just incase there first one wasn't what they were hoping for. 

Rally games have traditionally marketed there quality on number of stages and total stage length in the game, weather it is 12 locations with 24 stages (like we have now) or 6 locations with 24 stages would amount to the same press release and marketing. My issue is I only drive full rallies using only the long stages repeated and reversed  for a 12 stage rally to make a challenging event, so more stages would make it more interesting. A new location with 2 stages would still mean repeating the same stages more than is preferred but would mean a longer championship. So personally more stages is what I'm after. 

However, I hope ONE of us is right as more content is more content and that makes me happy. 

Stages,  locations and old or new cars, I don't really care. Just want to get my hands on more rally stuff.

If we were getting more stages for existing locations I think some locations are more in need of the extra variety than others - Monte Carlo and Argentina are the top ones imo, then after that Wales, NZ and Germany.

Like you I’d be happy either way with new locations or new stages

• Agree 1

One more point why new locations makes more sense, is that it is easier as DLC to sell.

because I was thinking, how you gonna sell new stages for existing locations and how do you implement those well in the game with f.e. custom, online and my team events for the gamers who have them and who not have them. Ofcourse this is all solvable, but the most interesting task will be how it will be sold and presentate. 

But yeah, we will see. I guess somewhere in the coming two weeks we will know, after the last batch of 2019 RX cars are out.

• Agree 2

Unfortunately true. I'd love to see new stages for the existing locations since there is plenty of locations as is but there is only ~30km of unique road per location which is really low, with more stages we could have events don't involve driving the same stages multiple times. But this is sadly unlikely since a new location is easier to sell than a new stage for vanilla location, and it's easier to maintain the distinction between vanilla and DLC.

For future titles I'd really hope that the amount of unique kilometers per location is increased.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

I remember speculating about Rally Hedemarken a while back after Paul Coleman posted pics on his Instagram visiting Norway. 

There it was! It wasn't too long after the actual rally was over either.

Finaly at 0:05 its a picture of S4 Impreza the lights bar are like on this model

y54U7KP5ZDMe3OA0-54.jpg

Edited by dani211212
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

61SuPhp.png

Boing Boing, Get Thumbs... 🤔🤔🤔

---

3 frames I grabbed from the clip. Pretty confident this isn't the '95

Opening frame:
9g8aQFn.jpg

Headlight frame:
oLnLH0W.jpg

Front bumper frame:
unpSE7g.jpg

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

61SuPhp.png

Adding this here from the latest video... let the wild speculations begin!

3 frames I grabbed from the clip. Pretty confident this isn't the '95

Opening frame:
9g8aQFn.jpg

Headlight frame:
oLnLH0W.jpg

Front bumper frame:
unpSE7g.jpg

24 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

Finaly at 0:05 its a picture of S4 Impreza the lights bar are like on this model

y54U7KP5ZDMe3OA0-54.jpg

I believe it'll be the S3 from 1997.

• Agree 1

Wait, Boing Boing is a thumbnail grabber

Sombody take a look at the binary at the bottom!

maxresdefault.jpg

Stick it through ASCII or something

Edited by Brain.exe has stopped
  • Thanks 1

image.png.739a9ea8f4e83cc35acc1e011d1d73b2.png

It actually carries the number 3 (after the heli cam seems a bit low quality). But it is pretty much confirmed it is the 1997-2000 Subaru WRC.

2000 > Richard Burns carried #3
1998 > Colin McRae carried #3
1997 > Colin McRae carried #3

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

image.png.739a9ea8f4e83cc35acc1e011d1d73b2.png

It actually carries the number 3 (after the heli cam seems a bit low quality). But it is pretty much confirmed it is the 1997-2000 Subaru WRC.

2000 > Richard Burns carried #3
1998 > Colin McRae carried #3
1997 > Colin McRae carried #3

The 1997 one had orange rear indicator glass and this one has colourless. I'd imagine it would be for Colin, so 1998 seems the best bet

Boing Boing brings this to mind.
image.png.720108b4a9bdcf3a15d514bd7e6afbbd.png

But we already have Sweden. Would a 3rd stage really be on the table? Probably not and am probably overthinking it.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Brain.exe has stopped said:

Stick it through ASCII or something 

ASCII for that would be: "S12000024"

Edited by SkyRex

2 minutes ago, Brain.exe has stopped said:

Just done the binary

You misread the last two Byte. See two posts above yours.

3 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

You misread the last two Byte. See two posts above yours.

Yeah I saw the 24 after. Not sure what that could mean. I tried converting to decimal but it comes up with a random string of numbers.

8 minutes ago, Brain.exe has stopped said:

Yeah I saw the 24 after. Not sure what that could mean. I tried converting to decimal but it comes up with a random string of numbers.

It can refer to 24 days or it'll release on the February 24.

Still hoping the S12 is coming as well to be honest. We only need one more to complete the set then which is the S9. 😄 
OOOOOOOOR the S9 is coming instead of the S12 because S3 + S9 = S12! 😮 😮 😮 

I'm overthinking this as well. Can someone help me, I'm having some sort of crisis I believe... 😮 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Haha 1