Something is coming closer...

Decimal depends on how you read them. Taking those Byte as unsigned 8-Bit Integers would yield: "83 50 49 48 48 48 48 50 52"
Not that it looks any helpful.

I rather suspect there is further encoding to be done with the ASCII decoded numbers.

• Confused 1

S12000024, it's an area code for Perth and Kinross, Scotland.

9 minutes ago, gedazz said:

That’s Craigvinean, Errochty or Drummond Hill confirmed then 😄

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 27 September 2008, the Colin McRae Forest Stages Rally took place in Perth, Scotland. An enhanced entry list of several former big-name rally drivers took part in memory of Colin.[41] The impressive entry list included ex-World Championship drivers Hannu Mikkola, Ari Vatanen (partnered by his 1981 WRC winning co-driver David Richards), Björn Waldegård, Stig Blomqvist, Malcolm Wilson, Russell Brookes, Jimmy McRae, Andrew Cowan and Louise Aitken-Walker, many competing in their original cars. A handful of current WRC drivers also took part including Matthew Wilson, Kris Meeke and Travis Pastrana. The event was deemed a great success, attracting record spectator numbers to the Perthshire forests. The outright winner was Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team driver Matthew Wilson in a Ford Focus WRC. Fittingly, Colin's brother Alister McRae won the classic category.

In video game Colin McRae: Dirt 2 there is a race series named "Colin McRae Challenge" that is dedicated to him. Winning the race unlocks a video that is a tribute to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae

Edited by somethingthing

1 hour ago, dani211212 said:

Finaly at 0:05 its a picture of S4 Impreza the lights bar are like on this model

y54U7KP5ZDMe3OA0-54.jpg

It definitely looks like the 97 wrc car but it sounds like the 95 Group A car to me🙈

• Agree 3

Damn if our hyped up speculation turns out to be true... 🤤

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1

In terms of stage aesthetic, a Scotland rally would be a little underwhelming. It's basically Wales rally but set further north on the same island. Terrain, hazards, trees, look too similar.

• Agree 2

Yeah probably, but it would be really cheap to make considering they can draw a lot of assets from wales. So it's plausible that it can be DLC

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Headlight frame:
oLnLH0W.jpg

Front bumper frame:
unpSE7g.jpg

DEAR LORD. IT'S HAPPENING. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, gedazz said:

And the McRae rally challenge is back this year at Knockhill just down the road.  Yep, something might just be coming this year thats a little more special, and that DR2.0 is onboard with and contributing to..  🤞🏻

For UK viewers, look out for Chris Harris running L555 BAT in this series of Top Gear too

• Like 1

That's some top sleuthing, gents. Well done!

So basically some more Wales stages and a new car. Good, but I'm somewhat crushed it's not a whole new season and rallies.

Hoping the Scotland rally (if so) has at least some quite different lighting, objects, or stage design to differentiate it from Wales.

Edited by Jake Cushing

6 hours ago, gfRally said:

The livery definitely looks like like 97 (no 555)

They ran the livery without 555 at times 1998 as well no? 

12 minutes ago, bogani said:

They ran the livery without 555 at times 1998 as well no? 

It will be this livery

498A4244-BEDC-4507-A54D-792D34832567.jpeg

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

All this for just one car? I can´t believe that....

Well considering we’re still just getting teasers it’s a bit early to say it’s gonna be ‘just one car’. Let’s wait until official confirmation, now is the time for feverish speculation!

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

Well considering we’re still just getting teasers it’s a bit early to say it’s gonna be ‘just one car’. Let’s wait until official confirmation, now is the time for feverish speculation!

Yeah, it's surely more then one car: that said, given the car in question, everything else that comes is icing on the cake now! 

1 hour ago, Flens07 said:

All this for just one car? I can´t believe that....

There's more.. 

• Thanks 1

It's Colin's Scooby, that's all I've ever wanted, now I can finally recreate CMR on my PC with modern graphics, happy days!

• Agree 2

Since I was only 4/5 when this car was about, I’m not too familiar with it or the other cars of that era. What class would it fall into? And could we be seeing a new class with other cars from those years?

33 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Since I was only 4/5 when this car was about, I’m not too familiar with it or the other cars of that era. What class would it fall into? And could we be seeing a new class with other cars from those years?

With the classes we have in game, it surely going into 2000cc @RallyDriven.

As has been discussed before a late '90's class would make perfect sense with the Evo VI (which was beyond Group A in reality) and the S3 WRC in it, but I personally think that is unlikely to come at this point in the games life, as moving the Evo VI would require leaderboards to be reset. 

With that in mind I am not expecting the S3 to be the fastest car in class, but I am hoping it will be as entertaining to drive as the '01 Focus. 

Edited by tbtstt
Fat fingers!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1