F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Something is coming closer...

7 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Tribute of '88 @PJTierney ? I'm almost willing to place my DR3 beta tester key on it 😛 

Ouch. You're out... 

Sorry :classic_tongue:

1988 Vauxhall Nova?

Colin_McRae.jpg

also something regarding the binary code - in the original series of Colin McRae games, the Impreza 97 was called the 22B because 22B is the hexadecimal number for '555'. If you take the binary numbers in the thumbnail and convert them to hexadecimal you end up with '1DC' (or 01DC). no idea what that means, if anything. might just be meaningless.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ianism said:

it's definitely just referring to that gif. it's just referring to the car though, not the location. since, you know, the car is what is in the actual video and what has been talked about for like 8 months now....

A few posts below, you will find what the tags refer to.

'Boing Boing' and 'get thumbs' refers to this:

image.png.30ceb6ee953778062147178f274839da.png

It was how I saw the binary in the first place for the area code of Perth.

(although i do admit, it wasn't me who figured out it was an area code)

Just for the sake of it 😂

Edited by m260602

6 hours ago, Brain.exe has stopped said:

A few posts below, you will find what the tags refer to.

'Boing Boing' and 'get thumbs' refers to this:

image.png.30ceb6ee953778062147178f274839da.png

It was how I saw the binary in the first place for the area code of Perth.

(although i do admit, it wasn't me who figured out it was an area code)

it's at the very least a double entendre then. we've been tossing that gif around these forums since the 97 Impreza was first photographed being recorded back in May or June (and it's obviously been around longer than that).

what's the significance of Perth?

11 minutes ago, ianism said:

what's the significance of Perth?

Perth used to be the base of the RSAC Scottish Rally up until about 1998/9 I think when it moved to Dumfries. Also Rally Scotland from IRC during 2009-11 ran out of Perth and used stages in central Scotland like Errochty, Drummond Hill, Craigvinean and Loch Ard. So we’re latching onto the idea that some classic Scottish rally stages will be added!

• Thanks 1

Considering the car that's been revealed in the teaser, who wants a modern recreation of this:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

Perth used to be the base of the RSAC Scottish Rally up until about 1998/9 I think when it moved to Dumfries. Also Rally Scotland from IRC during 2009-11 ran out of Perth and used stages in central Scotland like Errochty, Drummond Hill, Craigvinean and Loch Ard. So we’re latching onto the idea that some classic Scottish rally stages will be added!

hmmm. seems a bit of a stretch to me, since we've already got Wales in the game. that said, scotland being close-by probably makes it simpler (& cheaper) to go scan.

btw, are these stages dirt, gravel, or tarmac? (a 50-50 mix would be cool too, to be honest)

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, bogani said:

Ouch. You're out... 

Sorry :classic_tongue:

Tell that to the 240RS and Nova I'll be throwing through those woods 😉

43 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

In addition, it contains Knockhill, which is where the McRae WRC 25 Year anniversary event will take place this year.

And those stages you mention intermittently host the Colin McRae Forest Stages Rally since 2008.

3 minutes ago, ianism said:

hmmm. seems a bit of a stretch to me, since we've already got Wales in the game. that said, scotland being close-by probably makes it simpler (& cheaper) to go scan.

btw, are these stages dirt, gravel, or tarmac? (a 50-50 mix would be cool too, to be honest)

Stages are gravel - the Jim Clark Rally held to the south runs on tarmac. At this point, we have all sorts of surfaces, any unique kilometres of stage will be superb for me personally - I’d be just as happy for them to add mileage to Wales or any other location (apart from forest fire Finland).

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Knockhill

Oh yeah. I hadn’t considered that.... Something to do with the event later this year seems more likely now 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

Vauxhall Nova, Nissan 240 RS, Peugeot 205, Ford Sierra RS Cosworth

I wonder what all of these have in common 🤔

3 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I wonder what all of these have in common 🤔

Give me a "C"...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warpengage said:

Considering the car that's been revealed in the teaser, who wants a modern recreation of this:

Haha, those old skool intro clips or trailers 😄 

----

It reminds me to V-Rally 3, possible one of my favorite rally games of all times. It is a shame the handling and physics are so ****, otherwise I might have still played it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4akrdwVqY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiW6zH2_gRc

The game was pretty unique for its time with a interactive service park, a career mode with contract and teams getting better and worse and invest more or less, a nice launch event of the beginning of the season, podium ceremony, a nice line-up of 2.0 (WRC) and 1.6L (S1600) cars, your name on the side of the window, your entry number on the car changing depending on the championship results, a weather forecast so you need to select your tyres well. 

Owh man, i think I would do almost everything for a remake of V-Rally 3 with f.e. the standards of DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 1/27/2020 at 12:48 AM, BluecatRally said:

And the McRae rally challenge is back this year at Knockhill just down the road.  Yep, something might just be coming this year thats a little more special, and that DR2.0 is onboard with and contributing to..  🤞🏻

For UK viewers, look out for Chris Harris running L555 BAT in this series of Top Gear too

🙄

Look at the location of the video

Edit 5 minutes after: the changed the location to hastags. It said Perth

Edited by m260602
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Soon.meme

All content revealed, or only a partial reveal?

It looks like Finland. But honestly, I can't see where it could be, and it seems much more narrow. Is this Scotland perhaps?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

It looks like Finland. But honestly, I can't see where it could be, and it seems much more narrow. Is this Scotland perhaps?

It is, I sae the upload first, it said Perth and Kinross but they changed it

Edited by m260602
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Good spot m260602. :D  I'll laugh if you're trolling though. :)

Given the way you can only see about 10m ahead, I too felt like I was looking at Finland.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XenialJ said:

Good spot m260602. 😄I'll laugh if you're trolling though. 🙂

Saw it also.
So at least Subaru and Scotland rally, great :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1