Something is coming closer...

2 hours ago, Kiwiazbro said:

Dynamic weather is one of WRC 8’s best features...

30 FPS. It's possible a lot more if you have bigger performance budget.

Dirt 4 was ugly according to DR or DR2 and that could be the reason.

• Disagree 1

The turbo 'chirps' tells me it could be a early Impreza WRC, but the exhaust note sounds more like a Group A car. The WRC exhaust note is much sharper/cleaner.

Did they combine the two to be extra sneaky? :classic_blink:

• Agree 1

I would ideally see 4 new rally countries :

- 1 tarmac like Manx or Ireland.
- 1 mountainous tarmac like Sanremo or Corsica, or even Japan.
- 1 dirt country like Kenya, Morrocco or Mexico.
- 1 muddy country like Malaysia, Indonesia or China.

If they add stages to existing countries, it would be nice too.

New rally cars are also very welcome, especially R4, more kit cars, GTs, R2s and oldies. Wouldn't be against a H1 RWD category.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, bogani said:

The turbo 'chirps' tells me it could be a early Impreza WRC, but the exhaust note sounds more like a Group A car. The WRC exhaust note is much sharper/cleaner.

Did they combine the two to be extra sneaky? :classic_blink:

Either that or they have been a bit enthusiastic with the turbo noise for the Legacy! 

It must be something more than just a car or a location for them to tease it now for a spring 2020 release!! (I’d like to think so anyway)

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Flens07 said:

I´m not a fan of dynamic weather. The result will be, that most of the events starts with sunny and ends with rainy weather...or the other way.

That is a big critical point for example in WRC8 (I´m not an owner of it but informed)

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

In DiRT 4 this was one of the best features imo. 

it's not really dynamic in dirt 4 though. just the fog gets thicker and thinner if the weather is set to "Fog Patches", and when it's set to "Light Rain Showers, "Rain Showers" or "Heavy Rain Showers" the rain changes in intensity (same goes for snow if you're in Sweden). it's not really like WRC 8, and I don't think it needed to be, given how many times of day (10) and weather options (13) were built into Dirt 4, because then the weather and time of day just switches from one stage to another instead of within stages. and I think that's just fine. Dirt 4 was super immersive thanks to this.

• Dry
  • Partly Cloudy
  • Cloudy
  • Overcast
  • Mist
  • Fog Patches
  • Fog
  • Light Rain/Snow Showers
  • Light Rain/Snow
  • Rain/Snow Showers
  • Rain/Snow
  • Heavy Rain/Snow Showers
  • Heavy Rain/Snow

• Civil Dawn
  • Dawn
  • Early Morning
  • Morning
  • Midday
  • Early Afternoon
  • Late Afternoon
  • Sunset
  • Twilight
  • Night

edit: was just on the IG page of Dirt and look what I saw... exactly 9,999 views!

image.png.ed78cfffc37f20904b1c65d6b2e867e8.png

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Decks said:

It's been confirmed that it's PSVR support apparently. 

Really?

14 minutes ago, Decks said:

It's been confirmed that it's PSVR support apparently. 

There are no plans for PSVR to be implemented into DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, Flens07 said:

I´m not a fan of dynamic weather. The result will be, that most of the events starts with sunny and ends with rainy weather...or the other way.

That is a big critical point for example in WRC8 (I´m not an owner of it but informed)

this is not true in WRC8 though. often the game can start sunny, it will start to rain, and then the weather will clear up leaving it sunny again but with puddles on the roads.

there is even variation of similar weather conditions within one stage. just last night i was driving a stage in the Tour de Course which started out rainy, then the weather got more intense and it started to storm with harder rain and worse visibility, then it went back to rainy again. 

also regarding the 30fps on console - this is what they officially say but it certainly FEELS much faster. in fact if i play DR2.0 and WRC8 back-to-back the feeling of speed is basically exactly the same, even though DR2.0 runs at a confirmed 60fps on console compared to the claimed 30fps of WRC8.

anyway i don't want to turn this into a WRC8 thread and overall DR2.0 is a better game imo, but WRC8 does have its merits.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Decks said:

Cool, was just checking. 

I think you’ve cracked it. Say anything and claim it’s confirmed and @PJTierney will be forced to deny. Ergo anything we say is confirmed IS confirmed until we hear ‘There are no plans for ______ in DiRT Rally 2.0’ 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

I think you’ve cracked it. Say anything and claim it’s confirmed and @PJTierney will be forced to deny. Ergo anything we say is confirmed IS confirmed until we hear ‘There are no plans for ______ in DiRT Rally 2.0’ 😉

There are no plans for interrogation in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Image result for jack bauer

• Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Dytut said:

So note that rally japan is most definitely not denied 😽

neither is any other rally location .... other than Ireland (denied by Jon)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

There are no plans for interrogation in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Image result for lamborghini polizia"

Someone said interrogation here ? 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, Tranzitive said:

this is not true in WRC8 though. often the game can start sunny, it will start to rain, and then the weather will clear up leaving it sunny again but with puddles on the roads.

there is even variation of similar weather conditions within one stage. just last night i was driving a stage in the Tour de Course which started out rainy, then the weather got more intense and it started to storm with harder rain and worse visibility, then it went back to rainy again. 

also regarding the 30fps on console - this is what they officially say but it certainly FEELS much faster. in fact if i play DR2.0 and WRC8 back-to-back the feeling of speed is basically exactly the same, even though DR2.0 runs at a confirmed 60fps on console compared to the claimed 30fps of WRC8.

anyway i don't want to turn this into a WRC8 thread and overall DR2.0 is a better game imo, but WRC8 does have its merits.

60FPS will feel smoother and more responsive, it won't give you more sense of speed. Different FOV will impact sense of speed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DozUK said:

Your Stage 2.0

I'd actually like this if it would be done in a more dynamic way (such as generating the layout and then trying to generate the world around it). Although it would be quite difficult and could lead to many errors in the generation.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I'd actually like this if it would be done in a more dynamic way (such as generating the layout and then trying to generate the world around it). Although it would be quite difficult and could lead to many errors in the generation.

I reckon they've got it cracked 🙂

Spring 2020