Something is coming closer...

Although dirt rally 1.0 and 2.0 are pretty good sim games, I just don't trust codemasters anymore,

especially after the brilliant f12019 dayone release to the stinker of the f1 we are now left with,

why don't I trust codemasters anymore , because they can point blank stare you in the face and lie and then change the core of any game that you or I have bought on dayone release ,

grid 2019 is pretty poor only because of lack of content,

f12019 for wheel users,  was truly a masterpiece on dayone release Senna vs Prost edition,

pad vs wheel was equal and using no assists rewarded you,. That core was charged to promote game to target 3 yr olds plus , wheel users got the 2 finger salute from codemasters, 

sorry codemasters , I wish you all the best but someone is to blame for the terrible game and patches updates decision making,

Happy  Christmas and a Happy new year ,,

ps consoles are just as important as its PC counterpart,

On 6 December 2019 at 3:22 PM, StratosZero said:

Yeah mate, absolute shocker we have to pay for content worked on by people with families to feed! :classic_rolleyes:

And what about codemasters customers who also have to go to work and support there families and pay mortgages ,

it's a double edged sword,  without customers there would be nothing,

weve got to the stage where it's no longer about customers or devs who both work extremely hard ,

it's seems it's about codemasters shareholders and what massive profits they will receive over how little content can be gotten away with putting into a game,

and that's just sad and short sighted in the business world,

codemasters are more than capable of producing high end sim games and proof is always in the pudding 🙈

Happy Christmas and a Happy new year. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

ps consoles are just as important as its PC counterpart,

I would say consoles are much more important than PC. Is F1 worse on consoles? I was thinking about buying it recently.

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

And what about codemasters customers who also have to go to work and support there families and pay mortgages

I suspect for those people buying a computer game isn’t near the top of their priorities. They are free to not buy a codemasters game or any other goods or services and leave enough money to pay their mortgage each month. That’s how adult life works.

Codemasters employees meanwhile have lives to pay for like the rest of us.

So, this thread intrigued me enough to sign up and add my own guess work.  How about the possibility that includes some of the other ideas already put forward.  Perhaps we’re looking at a tribute to mark 25 years since Colin’s World Championship year.  This could comprise the Legacy and a later Impreza, then perhaps a Nova and a Sierra Sapphire and the addition of Derek Ringer and/or Nicky Grist to the list of co-drivers.  Then to push my dreaming even more, there is a lot of publicity specifically currently around L555 BAT.  Perhaps a new full on livery for that car.  Not sure what licensing they’d have to pull strings on for that to happen but I’m wondering if Prodrive and the McRae family might be in support of any such tribute.  And to add finishing touches, how about it being wrapped up in a new career mode themed around a 1995 Group A World Championship season, or alternatively some kind of licensing around the British Rally Championship that would let them include stages from Kielder and wider England and Scotland stages with the ultimate result of them having an alternatively named RAC rally of 1995 including the Grizedale stages and others.

I expect that the majority of this will be wide of the mark, but I’m quite convinced around the possibility of it being something in memory of Colin’s achievements in a milestone year.  I’ve longed for the Legacy for a while and also been hopeful of a return for Derek Ringer so the wallet is on standby.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well something McRae themed would certainly tie in neatly with the Legacy and Impreza that CM recorded the audio for. 

As I recall CM stopped attaching the McRae name to their games as it seemed inappropriate (and rather tasteless) to have Colin associated with something he had zero involvement with: tribute DLC would be pretty damn cool though! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I dont think its just McRae themed, there is info That Lancer 2005 was sound recorded.. and we know also about Nissan F2 .. 

Edited by dani211212
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

As I recall CM stopped attaching the McRae name to their games as it seemed inappropriate

The Name is often to read in DR2 - But I don't think that's bad at all.  It´s belonging to that kind of sport like Röhrl , Loeb or Sainz (just a few drivers - not complete) to name them ingame.

But aren´t we offtopic now??´

15 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

I suspect for those people buying a computer game isn’t near the top of their priorities. They are free to not buy a codemasters game or any other goods or services and leave enough money to pay their mortgage each month. That’s how adult life works.

Codemasters employees meanwhile have lives to pay for like the rest of us.

I think you missed the point,

i asked for a refund from Sony and was told to get it from codemasters who basically ignored me,

i am a sim racer, which means if I want things I have to go to work,

work is work my friend, no matter where you work ,

being a paying customer should be on codemasters highest priority,

without people like me going to work codemasters employees would soon be out of a job,

in all businesses you need customers, without customers the business will not survive,

, I am a business owner and I value every single customer, a great product at the correct price will sell itself many times over,

a poor product will have a shelf life a a few months and barely break even,

businesses who don't value there customers obviously don't care about the feedback about there products,

so like I say work is work no matter where you work , it's all done to survive and pay mortgages and bring our families up,

wether I buy a car or computer or tv or  £50 sim game it's a product,and a product regardless of what it is should be fit for purpose,

what about if I renovated someone's roof and said your only covered until it rains,

in the last handful of years people think it's acceptable to troll or be rude or not be polite or make a product that's not fit for purpose just to make stockholders even more profit,

it boils down to what kind of person is in charge, and how greedy they are,

saying that codemasters have done a fine job with dirt rally 2.0 ,

just a shame they didn't use the same people for f12019 or the new grid 2019.

,Anyways have a great festive season 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Agree 1

Like I say, I'm probably well wide of the mark.  It just feels logical and right to me that they might want to tip a hat to mark 25 years to the guy the CM team probably still holds in very high regard.  After all, the origin of the series was all Colin.  Then, throw in the evidence of the two new Scoobs that are somewhere in the works and the colours and sounds in the teaser video.  

I don't doubt that other cars are also inbound but see them forming part of the Season 5 release and my guess work was more based on them releasing a totally separate piece of DLC out of the normal Seasons.  There are other greats like Loeb as Flens07 says, but with Colin being in the roots of the game and still mentioned on some of the liveries, can't help think that any such DLC would certainly sell well.

I think there's certainly a very good reason that the 95 Scoob was in there on Day 1, because it still stirs up a lot of feeling within the rallying community and would have helped early sales.

6 hours ago, dani211212 said:

I dont think its just McRae themed, there is info That Lancer 2005 was sound recorded.. and we know also about Nissan F2 .. 

it was hinted at, that's all. 😛

On 12/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, dani211212 said:

(Alistair McRae Drive for both Mitsubishi and Nissan in a works capacity)

It also wouldn’t surprise me if the McRae family were willing to accept a few extra pennies at the moment to help support this young man... https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2019/mcrae-challenge/page/6913--12-12-.html

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 1

It's time for wishes, isn't it ?

Please Codies give us a Dirt Rally 2.0 Year 2 content.
With these things :

Season 5 : March - May
- Week 1 : Nissan Sunny kit car and Megane Maxi kit car.
- Week 3 : Rally Manx or Ireland, with 3 long tracks (instead of 2 for all the rallies we had till now).
- Week 5 : Citroen Saxo S1600 and Ford Puma S1600.
- Week 7 : One new long track for Germany, Wales and New England (free for those who own the dlc locations, NE free for everyone).
- Week 9 : Renault R5 maxi turbo (grp B RWD) and Mitsubishi Lancer 2005.
- Week 11 : RX Nurburgring.

Bonus free car : Subaru Legacy (grp A)

Season 6 : June - August
- Week 13 : Renault Clio S1600 and Fiat Punto S1600.
- Week 15 : Rally Kenya or Morrocco, with 3 long tracks.
- Week 17 : 2 RX Project E cars.
- Week 19 : One new long track for Sweden, Greece and Spain.
- Week 21 : Audi R1 R4 and Fiat 500X R4.
- Week 23 : RX Spa.

Bonus free car : Citroen Xsara kit car

Season 7 : September - November
- Week 25 : VW Beetle and Renault R8 (H1 RWD).
- Week 27 : Rally San Remo or Corsica, with 3 long tracks.
- Week 29 : Opel Kadett E Gsi (H2 FWD) and Abarth 124 RGT.
- Week 31 : One new long track for New-Zeland, Australia and Finland.
- Week 33 : 2 2020 RX cars.
- Week 35 : RX Russia.

Bonus free car : Alpine A110 RGT

Season 8 : December - February
- Week 37 : Honda S2000 and Nissan Silvia S15 (2000cc RWD).
- Week 39 : Rally Indonesia, Malaysia or China, with 3 long tracks.
- Week 41 : 2 2020 RX cars.
- Week 43 : One new long track for Argentina, Poland and Monte.
- Week 45 : Subaru 555 (grp A) and
BMW 2002 TI (H1 RWD).
- Week 47 : 2 2020 RX cars.

❤️

Edited by toninus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

On 12/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, dani211212 said:

The sound of the Nissan F2 was/is used for the Golf Kit Car I believe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Do we wait until March (Spring) to find out what this is all about? Or will we find out and then wait until March for the content itself?

3 hours ago, Beefcote852 said:

Do we wait until March (Spring) to find out what this is all about? Or will we find out and then wait until March for the content itself?

Most likely when season 4 ending they announce, like they did with season 3 and 4 at the end of season 2.

And since they are talking about year 1 with gamepass that only nakes sense if theres also a year 2

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Beefcote852 said:

yeah, we'll find out in like late Jan/early Feb. no idea when it'll actually come out though

I really don't understand all this wild speculation.

It seems pretty obvious to me that it will be the official 2020 FIA WRX calendar.

Therefore nothing to get over excited about for those wanting more rally locations.

image.png.8c3b2a5b69817093c7836b375976bc3c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, EvilCee said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that it will be the official 2020 FIA WRX calendar.

Therefore nothing to get over excited about for those wanting more rally locations.

Please qualify this statement ‘It seems pretty obvious’. To the rest of us the colour scheme and engine note of the Something is coming... video do not point towards Word RX

• Agree 2

"Please qualify this statement ‘It seems pretty obvious’. To the rest of us the colour scheme and engine note of the Something is coming... video do not point towards Word RX"

I think the words "to me" qualifies it completely. It is MY opinion.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, EvilCee said:

"Please qualify this statement ‘It seems pretty obvious’. To the rest of us the colour scheme and engine note of the Something is coming... video do not point towards Word RX"

I think the words "to me" qualifies it completely. It is MY opinion.

Sure your opinion is of course valid, what I meant was what clues are there that make it obviously 2020 RX season?

Most of what people have been saying is pure conjecture, the only clues we’ve been going on really have been the blue and gold of 555 and what sounds like a Subaru flat-four with unequal length exhaust manifolds i.e. a Group A Subaru...

Most probably there will be some new RX content as the game still serves as the official World RX game, but what other clues are there?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, EvilCee said:

I don't think it is this: although there is some uncertainty as to the specific car, everyone is in agreement that the sound accompanying the teaser is a mid-90's Subaru and that isn't connected in any way (that I can think of!) to the 2020 WRX. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EvilCee said:

If there's a new season pass then we will probably get this as part of the RX content.
But that's only 3 new tracks : Nurburgring, St Petersburg and Spa (if they manage to get the licence, or if they make an unofficial ripoff). Round 9 is now announced and it's Latvia, so we have it already.

I hope that we will get some new informations before the end of season 4, which means next week when Codies staff will be back from holidays 🙂

Edited by toninus
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, toninus said:

I ope that we will get some new informations before the end of season 4, which means soon when Codies are back from holidays 🙂

Yeah, really hope we don't have to wait until the end of Season 4!

• Agree 1