Something is coming closer...

I stopped playing when Season 4 started so it wouldn't be too good for me ūüėĄ I hope in new rally stuff to start playing again.

• Agree 2

On 1/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, tbtstt said:

I don't think it is this: although there is some uncertainty as to the specific car, everyone is in agreement that the sound accompanying the teaser is a mid-90's Subaru and that isn't connected in any way (that I can think of!) to the 2020 WRX. 

also... if it was WRX content, they would need to be mostly done all of the car and track models by now. because those things take a long time to make. and at the moment, only the event organisers have a good idea of what the new tracks will look like (I'm talking about having all the billboards and stands etc, not simply the layout). keep in mind that the only new 2019 RX track that is in the game is Yas Marina. it was first used in April (it was the first event on the calendar) and it came into DR2 in October. and we didn't get Spa at all, for whatever reason.

same goes for the car models. the first time most of us saw the new liveries and cars was just before the season started, in Feb/March. and we got them just 2 weeks ago! as far as I know, almost none of the teams have even announced if they will be competing or what drivers they will have, much less given anyone a glimpse at any liveries. 

sooo work can't even begin to start on basically any of this stuff. so, it could theoretically happen eventually, but if any of this is in the works I would next expect it before the summer at least.

in addition, CM are very aware that the large majority of the fanbase of this game (around 80-85%) prefers rally. it would not be a good business plan to have two consecutive RX-focused seasons.

• Agree 6

It's for me pretty obvious it wont be full 2020 WRX DLC. Season starts only in April (=spring already). So cars/liveries can't be done that fast, mostly due to licensing which takes time. Tracks could be possible, but they are not season dependend. 

You could say the planned spring DLC already was planned long before. We are currently version 1.11. Version 1.12 will come after the next pack of 2019 cars. So the spring update might be v1.13, just theoretical according to steamdb.
image.png.75599a7040cc1b0674e94acc3c909d71.png

3 hours ago, ianism said:

also... if it was WRX content, they would need to be mostly done all of the car and track models by now. because those things take a long time to make. and at the moment, only the event organisers have a good idea of what the new tracks will look like (I'm talking about having all the billboards and stands etc, not simply the layout). keep in mind that the only new 2019 RX track that is in the game is Yas Marina. it was first used in April (it was the first event on the calendar) and it came into DR2 in October. and we didn't get Spa at all, for whatever reason.

Absolutely, if the circuits were a known quantity then 2020 season DLC might be feasible, but with two of the circuits still under construction I daresay it makes life very difficult for CM. 

I haven't seen it confirmed officially by CM, but there seems to be some suggestion that licensing Spa is very expensive? Damn shame if that is the reason for its absence, as that circuit was one of the highlights of last years season. 

3 hours ago, ianism said:

same goes for the car models. the first time most of us saw the new liveries and cars was just before the season started, in Feb/March. and we got them just 2 weeks ago! as far as I know, almost none of the teams have even announced if they will be competing or what drivers they will have, much less given anyone a glimpse at any liveries. 

Yeah. A lot of the teams were very late coming together for the 2019 season and I would expect the same again this year: I think it would make it very tricky for CM to deliver anything close to the start of the season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Absolutely, if the circuits were a known quantity then 2020 season DLC might be feasible, but with two of the circuits still under construction I daresay it makes life very difficult for CM. 

I haven't seen it confirmed officially by CM, but there seems to be some suggestion that licensing Spa is very expensive? Damn shame if that is the reason for its absence, as that circuit was one of the highlights of last years season.

The licensing fee seems to be twice or trippel compared to regular "F1 tracks" circuits.
https://www.gtplanet.net/spa-gt-sport-licensing-issues/

And probably the likes of Lydden Hill and Killarney are even cheaper than the regular "f1 tracks". And maybe even Yas Marine has given the license for free. 

I think the two most requested tracks are Utah Motorsports Campus (also known as the Nitro Rallycross track, which even a lot of the Rally guys want) and Spa. I think Spa is just not feasible enough at the moment and NRX seems to be depending on licensing fee and approval from FIA, IMG (and possible other partners)

13 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The licensing fee seems to be twice or trippel compared to regular "F1 tracks" circuits.

But surely Codemasters as a company already has the license for Spa because it's been in every F1 game since 09 

1 hour ago, MattyH1812 said:

But surely Codemasters as a company already has the license for Spa because it's been in every F1 game since 09 

I assume they need to pay for it for each game and, as Spa is an integral part of the F1 Championship, even if the licence is ridiculously expensive, they have to have it to complete the game.

As much as I love rallycross it is not the primary element within DR2.0 and the same expenditure may not be worthwhile for an extra bit of DLC that only a percentage of the player base are going to buy. 

Of course there may be other factors at play: as CM produce the official F1 game there might be some financial contribution from the Championship (and it is no secret that F1 has a lot of money behind it). 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

season 4 is a scam......

it will come pikes peak and Subaru Hillclimb or an unknown Hillclimb track cause they don't want to spend a lot of money to re-buy Pikes Peak Licence....even if it's easier to recycle this track....but we will see.

BUT I'M 100% sure it's HILLCLIMB and season 5

Edited by KolysioN
  • Disagree 3

1 minute ago, KolysioN said:

season 4 is a scam......

If it's liveries or recycled content, it only misses pikes peak.....

ofcourse it is you opinion, but a scam? ‚ā¨ 12,50 (25 euro for season 3+4, devided by 2)¬†for
- 1 new RX track (Killarney)
- 1 returning RX track (Lydden Hill)
- 3 special livery packs
- 20 about new official WRX liveries
- 9 cars, of which
--- 4 updated 2018 spec cars to 2019 spec
------ Audi S1 has a new sound and a lightly updated interior and 2019 spec physics
------ Peugeot 208 has a new sound and an updated interior and 2019 spec physics
------ Renault Megane R.S. RX (unknown yet what has been updated)
------ Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) (OMSE) (unknown yet what has been updated)
--- 2 "new" cars
------ Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5. The OMSE might have been the base for this STARD version, but it's completly different in all aspects.
------ Ford Fiesta RSX Evo 4 (STARD MK7). Probably the R5 Fiesta has been used as a base. But it will also be completly different in all aspects. 
--- 3 new cars
------ SEAT Ibiza, I wonder how much they could use from the DiRT 4 Ibiza, as the 2019 car is very, very different. 
------ Renault Clio, completly new
------ MINI Cooper, completly new

If you think this is a scam, than basically every racing game is a scam. 

Definition of "Scam": an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scam

Sorry, but there was no illegal plan. Codemasters presented before the end of season two what would come in Season 3 and 4 and imo not has tricked therefore players with season 4. 

The only negative thing about season 4 is, is that the seasons can't be bought seperately, but are in pairs. But still, that's not a scam, as you still can buy the individual cars and tracks seperately. 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

ofcourse it is you opinion, but a scam? ‚ā¨ 12,50 (25 euro for season 3+4, devided by 2)¬†for
- 1 new RX track (Killarney)
- 1 returning RX track (Lydden Hill)ÔĽŅ
- 3 special livery packs
- 20 about new official WRX liveries
- 9 cars, of which
--- 4 updated 2018 spec cars to 2019 spec
------ Audi S1 has a new sound and a lightly updated interior and 2019 spec physics
------ Peugeot 208 has a new sound and an updated interior and 2019 spec physics
------ Renault Megane R.S. RX (unknown yet what has been updated)
------ Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) (OMSE) (unknown yet what has been updated)
--- 2 "new" cars
------ Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5. The OMSE might have been the base for this STARD version, but it's completly different in all aspects.
------ Ford Fiesta RSX Evo 4 (STARD MK7). Probably the R5 Fiesta has been used as a base. But it will also be completly different in all aspects. 
--- 3 new cars
------ SEAT Ibiza, I wonder how much they could use from the DiRT 4 Ibiza, as the 2019 car is very, very different. 
------ Renault Clio, completly new
------ MINI Cooper, completly new

If you think this is a scam, than basically every racing game is a scam. 

Definition of "Scam": an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scam

Sorry, but there was no illegal plan. Codemasters presented before the end of season two what would come in Season 3 and 4 and imo not has tricked therefore players with season 4. 

The only negative thing about season 4 is, is that the seasons can't be bought seperately, but are in pairs. But still, that's not a scam, as you still can buy the individual cars and tracks seperately. 

scam in British English

(skæm  ) slang
NOUN
a stratagem for gain; a swindle

(Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers)

so it's a scam

I dont care about liveries at all....it should be free....I dont care about car updates from 2019 to 2020, the changes are very minors..it's 99% of recylced content...I don't care bout new RX cars....I drive always the same (3 or 4 max)

What the majority asks is NEW RALLY LOCATIONS.

Yeah it's a big big scam this season 4, they can maybe add a better season  5 with Hillclimbs

(The season 3 was very very good)

Edited by KolysioN
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

The game is absolutely wonderful! And CM listen to the community.. Season 5 and 6 will be Rally.. Right @PJTierney?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KolysioN said:

scam in British English

(skæm  ) slang
NOUN

so it's a scam

I dont care about liveries at all....it should be free....I dont care about car updates from 2019 to 2020, the changes are very minors..it's 99% of recylced content...I don't care bout new RX cars....I drive always the same (3 or 4 max)

Yeah it's a big big scam this season 4, they can maybe add a better season  5 with Hillclimbs

I don't get you.

Also according to you definition it is still not a scam. 

Maybe you don't care for RX, but also a lot of others do. Some "rally" people think no one follows RX, but wake up, there are between 20.000 - 80.000 people that visit World RX events in Europe. 

Season 4 is not 99% recycled content
- 1 new rx track vs 1 recycled track > 50% new, 50% recycled
- 20 new liveries = 100% new
- 3 special livery packs = 100% new (and free for season owners)
- 4 updated cars = Let's say 80% recycled? (new sounds, new physics, updated 3d parts, so 80% sound quite fair)
- 3 "new" cars = Let's say 30% recycled
- 2 fully new cars = 100% new
Conclusion: Overall season 4 has more new content than recylced content. Maybe the stuff what is in season 4 is not for your liking, but if you keep it to the facts and keep the EMOTIONS out of it, season 4 is more new than recycled = fact.

I just feel a bit¬†sorry for you that you don't like season 4, maybe next DLC will be to your liking¬†ūüôā¬†

One more thing i don't understand, if you say people want more rally, than why you request hillclimb? Also Pikes Peak will not return in DR2.0 as the license is exclusively at Polyphony Digital for Gran Turismo. Also IF Pikes Peak will return to DIRT, than basically that is also fully recycled content. So why you complaining about recyled content if you want a reclyced Pikes Peak....

Because he is a moron and typical of this day and age expects everything he wants to be free and that everyone else’s world view should align with his. Also presumably Codemasters should have guessed by now what it is he wants for free, and didn’t they know he uses cockpit cam why should he be forced to pay for new liveries?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KolysioN said:

scam in British English

(skæm  ) slang
NOUN

so it's a scam

I wonder what he would say if the base game was the updated version of Dirt Rally (all content the same but updated) and all the DLC content was brand new.

Let me tell you something @KolysioN... You bought a rally and rx game which has masses of new content like stages, circuits and cars. People then get the option to buy DLC content from previous Dirt games but updated in so many ways and even new content, which is not forced on you or needed to play competitively online in clubs or online events. If you are not happy with the excellent content they offer as extra content, free for anyone to buy, you should try to force your brain to think and see things from a different perspective than your needy greedy behind.

Unbelievable that we still have to explain it time and time again to those disrespectful needy people.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, KolysioN said:

it will come pikes peak and Subaru Hillclimb or an unknown Hillclimb track cause they don't want to spend a lot of money to re-buy Pikes Peak Licence....even if it's easier to recycle this track....but we will see.

To get in a bidding war with Polypony and Sony over the rights to a sole hillclimb would be stupid. Not to mention we don't know how long the deal that Polypony/Sony is either.

• Agree 1

for me i wait years pass 2 for  

lot  rally ( more tarmac and mixed track )

litle RX  

and hill climb at the end ( with 6 different country or locations, 6  because you have  only 1 long  track for 1 locations )

and more rally  car 

and for new features i wait 

update for  tarmac  ( on dry , and wet ) inertia slide  and FFB for all category  car 

better tyre strategy ( because tyre strategy is very bad )

update physics for suspension (suspensions with more bouncing effect )

ability to drive with rx car in rally  track ( and hillclimb track) and  reverse too

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kiwiazbro said:

Don’t buy it then. 

too late I have season pass 2 already....but it's OK, with ACAT mod I can drive the "new" rally cross cars on my favorite rally locations (and vice versa)...so I feel less scammed.
ūüôā

Edited by KolysioN

4 hours ago, KolysioN said:

season 4 is a scam......

What are you basing the above on? The car that can be heard in the Season 5 trailer isn't either of those.

• Agree 1

Season 4 is great, sorry.

also, this year is the 20th anniversary of Colin McRae Rally 2.0. I wonder if the teaser/potential new content doesn't have something to do with that.

would kill for that Martini livery on Colin's Focus 2001. 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

Don't be sorry: the rally fans get very touchy when it isn't all about them. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

That's true. I don't have time only and have better track oriented racers for me. But season 4 is not expensive for the content.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, KolysioN said:

too late I have season pass 2 already....but it's OK, with ACAT mod I can drive the "new" rally cross cars on my favorite rally locations (and vice versa)...so I feel less scammed.
ūüôā

You feel less scammed because of the fact you scam the devs now. Very mature of you. Children between the age of 5 and 14 act like this. ūüėā

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant