Something is coming...

Definitely a subaru rally engine in the video, but the wrc cars don't sound like that because they used a nonstandard manifold, losing the traditional deep bark. That said, the sound may have nothing to do with what's coming lol.

5 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

please the WRCars 1.6!!!(if are 2017, much better, but 2011-2016 is fine too)

we have been over this. the WRC seems to be blocking the license for those cars after Dirt Rally. the were also absent in Dirt 4.

I bet my money on these 4 cars that were at DIRT 2-3 and still missing from DR 2.0..... (easy money)                                                                                                                                                                    
- Peugeot 207 S2000
- Fiat Punto S2000
- Subaru Impreza STI Spec C
- Toyota Celica GT-4 ST205

..... and of course the ones that we already have photos from the sound recordings
- Subaru Legacy RS GrA
- Nissan Almera N15 Kit Car

These 6 (except Toyota for license reasons) will be in the next seasons for sure .....but I am very curious for the future rally locations (if any)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Edited by cflot
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I hope there is no more RX-stuff incoming... (Sorry RX-Fans - but that is not my favor and only my opinion 🙂)

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

1 hour ago, cflot said:
   I bet my money on these 4 cars that were at DIRT 2-3 and still missing from DR 2.0..... (easy money)                                                                                                                                                                    
- Peugeot 207 S2000
- Fiat Punto S2000

..... and of course the ones that we already have photos from the sound recordings
- Subaru Legacy RS GrA
- Nissan Almera N15 Kit Car

These 6 (except Toyota for license reasons) will be in the next seasons for sure .....but I am very curious for the future rally locations (if any)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

PJ already said there were no plans to add any Toyota's to DR2.0

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, cflot said:

- Peugeot 207 S2000
- Fiat Punto S2000

Can't see them bringing the S2000 class back (though could be cool if they did). The Spec C doesn't really fit anywhere and the Celica is, as already said, not possible. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

I hope there is no more RX-stuff incoming... (Sorry RX-Fans - but that is not my favor and only my opinion 🙂)

Your opinion is wrong. :classic_biggrin:

I think it is fair to have season 555 as all rally as I know there is a split on players preferences and season 4 is obviously rallycross centric. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ianism said:

we have been over this. the WRC seems to be blocking the license for those cars after Dirt Rally. the were also absent in Dirt 4.

I might be wrong but I thought the wrc claimed the 1.6 cars made dirt rally to much like wrc 7. In wrc 8 the only 1.6 is the vw, so having them wouldn't be an issue any more. But this is an argument the CM lawyers need to fight out and I hope they do.

Can't imagine the 2017 cars being included though for the same reason.

With such teasers they better should bring something good, so not just a few cars, but a new season with some new locations, like season 1.

If not teasing like this is useless, since it will disappoint people in the end

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Simmerstyle said:

With such teasers they better should bring something good, so not just a few cars, but a new season with some new locations, like season 1.

If not teasing like this is useless, since it will disappoint people in the end

Agreed.
When we get more information?
Longer it takes, bigger is disappointment if it´s just few cars or livery.

New rallies or stages?

15 hours ago, ianism said:

There was a problem in DiRT Rally because, when the game came out, late 2015 (PC) and April 2016 (consoles), those cars were still running as the top-tier of the WRC, as the new regulations only came into effect the following year.

In said following year, 2017, we saw DiRT 4 which, again avoided 1.6L WRCs for a good reason. Although the new class was in effect, there was still a championship for those competing in older cars (it was called the WRC Trophy), and even manufacturers would occasionally enter an older model in competition. Not to mention privateer regulars competing for that championship.

Now, the WRC Trophy is no more, only privateers drive older gen WRCs and they are not allowed to score points for any WRC Championship. They're given less priority than the WRC-2 Pro and WRC-2 Am (where most serious privateers, on a world level, now compete) in the starting order.

Where is the reason for blocking cars that are, essentially, national championship-only runners now?

Also, for the record, the Citroen C4 was unavailable due to licensing in DiRT 4 as well. It did come back now. Not saying we will get 1.6L cars, but I think the WRC Promoter stepping in will not be the reason this time.

Edited by warpengage
Typo corrections.
  • Agree 2

The gossip regarding the sound recordings was so long ago now that i had lost hope that we would ever get the 92 Legacy and late 90’s Impreza in DR2.

Particularly when most the rally content we’ve received in the the seasons so far have been from DR1, i would’ve thought fresh content would be released before the DR1 stuff, which is why i also don’t think we will get any new rally locations.

However, after listening to that teaser video i think one (or both) of those cars are coming. 🤞

Would be immense. The classes may need a bit of tweaking though if we get the late 90’s wrc impreza

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Would be immense. The classes may need a bit of tweaking though if we get the late 90’s wrc impreza

In theory it will be the slowest car in the 2000cc class... 

...but it is still going to be my most used car if it comes! 

• Agree 2

Listen from second 0:38... and then listen the promo trailer... I think that this is the car

Edited by Adriano1976
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

The gossip regarding the sound recordings was so long ago now that i had lost hope that we would ever get the 92 Legacy and late 90’s Impreza in DR2.

Particularly when most the rally content we’ve received in the the seasons so far have been from DR1, i would’ve thought fresh content would be released before the DR1 stuff, which is why i also don’t think we will get any new rally locations.

Maybe they used the time between release and 2nd year to make some new locations while releasing the old ones from DR1 in the meantime since i guess updating those is easier than create whole new location. And also for future DR games making new locations make sense since just like with DR2 they updated the DR1 locations they can also do it in future with the locations of DR2.

With doing that the game keeps alive and they can keep it fresh for years, until the next gen consoles are there. 

Edited by Simmerstyle

I’m hoping Season 555 includes the Rothmans (‘Rallying’) and Elonex liveries for the Legacy and the new locations are enough to build up a 1990s RAC Rally - that means North Wales, North York Moors, Grizedale, Kielder Forest, Scottish Borders, Central Scotland (Drummond Hill, Craigvinean etc.).

So you can do a BRC season then finish the year off trying to beat Kankkunen, Sainz et al on the RAC but you get stuck in a ditch in Kielder. In the fog. At night.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

I’m hoping Season 555 includes the Rothmans (‘Rallying’) and Elonex liveries for the Legacy and the new locations are enough to build up a 1990s RAC Rally - that means North Wales, North York Moors, Grizedale, Kielder Forest, Scottish Borders, Central Scotland (Drummond Hill, Craigvinean etc.).

So you can do a BRC season then finish the year off trying to beat Kankkunen, Sainz et al on the RAC but you get stuck in a ditch in Kielder. In the fog. At night.

lol why so many UK locations? there's already Wales in the game. let's see something different like Kenya or Japan or Indonesia..

22 hours ago, warpengage said:

There was a problem in DiRT Rally because, when the game came out, late 2015 (PC) and April 2016 (consoles), those cars were still running as the top-tier of the WRC, as the new regulations only came into effect the following year.

In said following year, 2017, we saw DiRT 4 which, again avoided 1.6L WRCs for a good reason. Although the new class was in effect, there was still a championship for those competing in older cars (it was called the WRC Trophy), and even manufacturers would occasionally enter an older model in competition. Not to mention privateer regulars competing for that championship.

Now, the WRC Trophy is no more, only privateers drive older gen WRCs and they are not allowed to score points for any WRC Championship. They're given less priority than the WRC-2 Pro and WRC-2 Am (where most serious privateers, on a world level, now compete) in the starting order.

Where is the reason for blocking cars that are, essentially, national championship-only runners now?

Also, for the record, the Citroen C4 was unavailable due to licensing in DiRT 4 as well. It did come back now. Not saying we will get 1.6L cars, but I think the WRC Promoter stepping in will not be the reason this time.

hm, didn't know that about the overlapping regulatory years. I guess I just find it more likely that the WRC is trying to block Codies from licensing them than the CM devs not thinking those vehicles are important.

like, (I'm totally guessing here so correct me if I'm wrong) since those are WRC spec cars (as opposed to R5, for example) is it possible they have licensed the spec itself? same goes for the current spec WRC cars. we know that the Dirt series can't have the exact stages from WRC, because they are licensed, but they get around that by having them be slightly different and changing the names, so they just "happen to be" using the same public roads that the WRC uses.

anyways, if I'm wrong I'm super interested in seeing them in the game 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ianism said:

lol why so many UK locations? there's already Wales in the game. let's see something different like Kenya or Japan or Indonesia..

It wasn’t a serious suggestion or hope, just banter.

But for the record I’m all for Japan if it’s the Hokkaidō stages from the old WRC Rally Japan/APRC Rally Hokkaidō

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think it will happen, but Trophee Andros could be fun, also for online 😛 

giphy.webp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ianism said:

hm, didn't know that about the overlapping regulatory years. I guess I just find it more likely that the WRC is trying to block Codies from licensing them than the CM devs not thinking those vehicles are important.

like, (I'm totally guessing here so correct me if I'm wrong) since those are WRC spec cars (as opposed to R5, for example) is it possible they have licensed the spec itself? same goes for the current spec WRC cars. we know that the Dirt series can't have the exact stages from WRC, because they are licensed, but they get around that by having them be slightly different and changing the names, so they just "happen to be" using the same public roads that the WRC uses.

anyways, if I'm wrong I'm super interested in seeing them in the game 🙂

If the spec itself is what is licensed, then the 2L WRC are already going to get CM in trouble, since they are all World Rally Cars. The details of restrictor size, engine capacity etc are just variants of the same concept. I don't think early 1.6 cars should be an issue if they are obsolete. Unless, of course, the WRC Promoter thinks DR2.0 is better than their own licensed game and are trying to destroy competition through licensing hurdles.

CM gets around it by giving different names to stages and calling the cars 'Rally'. Though I wonder how things are going to work, from 2022 onward, when the main class becomes Rally1.

As for public roads, they're just that: public, hence of public domain. What WRC can own is the right to call it 'El Condor', for example. But CM can call that road whatever else they want, like 'Camino del montón de piedras', for example.

1 hour ago, ianism said:

I want Ireland because of the flowing, narrow, up-and-down tarmac stages with beautiful views of the sea.

I want Kenya because of Safari rally goodness.

I want Japan, but not gravel, tarmac Japan. Something about attacking those twists and turns of japanese mountain roads would be awesome. Also, you would finally have a proper reason to bring out the eurobeat.

And I would love the Azores, but that's more of a personal bias because it's my home event. Still very beautiful and challenging.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hmmm... are they trying to be sneaky. I mean, everyone can hear that's a Subaru.

But Subaru is a Japanese car... RALLY JAPAN IS COMING! :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Something more about a possible content that will come and is actually based on CM titles.

Dynamic weather system from DiRT 4
I think it was not really dynamic, it was more "random", but it was very cool that the weather in the stage could change from clear into fog or rain. I think it might already have been confirmed this would not come to DR2.0, but originally the plan would also be that DR2.0 would only have two seasons of content (although I think there were already plans for season 3 and 4 at launch).

RX and Rally - Weather options
Some of the weather options of the previous games are missing. Maybe they will return (not as DLC, but as updates are coming in as well). Personally I hope some more RX locations will get a night option.

Livery editor from DiRT 4
Same as the dynamic random weather, i think also for this it was confirmed this would not come to DR2.0, but who knows plans have changed. Although I not was a huge fan of the D4 editor and I rather have something as what iRacing or Gran Turismo have. 

Photo mode
The photo mode is in the F1 games. Same as the previous two points, this was also confirmed it would not come to DR2.0, but again plans could have changed for this.

Rally - R5
- Hyundai i20 R5. This car was in DiRT 4. Probably not possible due to licensing issues (Hyundai is partner of the WRC game with e-sports).

RX - Mini classic
A standalone start-up class in DiRT Rally. 

RX - Super 1600
- Peugeot 207 Super 1600. This car was in DiRT Rally.
- Peugeot 208 Super 1600. I know Linneman build his 208 S1600 around a R2 208 and mostly with a 208 R5 (adjusted) aero kit. So when the 208 R5 gets Some super 1600 physics and the 208 R2 sound, you basically have a new S1600 car without much build investment. 
- Skoda Fabia Super 1600. A lot of the newer gen Fabia S1600 have the R5 (lookalike) aero kit. it would also be thanperfect to use the R5 Fabia model and give it soem Super 1600 physics which can be used from the Polo S1600.

RX - Supercars
It would be cool if the WRX seasons (2015 in DR1, 2016 in D4) could return to DiRT Rally 2.0. Than only the 2017 season also need to be made. Than you could do a five year "career" in DR2.0. But overall if some of the cars could return is also cool. Still nowadays some of thise still compete in hands of privateers in ERX and even sometimes WRX.
- Citroën DS3 WRX. This car was in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4.
- Ford Focus RS RX. This car was in DiRT 4 and a fan favorite.
- MINI Countryman RX. This car was in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. 3d models between the games is no difference, but engine wise the DR1 car had a 1.6L and the D4 car a 2.0L.
- Peugeot 208 WRX. This car was in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. There is only a small visual difference, namely the back with the exit of the cooling. Overall the car is pretty different compared to the 2018/2019 spec car in DR2.0. Currently some of the privateers in europe use this older spec Hansen 208 WRX.
- SEAT Ibiza RX. The 2019 spec will come in season 4 DLC. But the 2016 spec (in DiRT 4) was quite different.
- Skoda Fabia WRX. The ES Motorsport build Fabia has a lot of R5 parts and the looks of the R5 cars, although the R5 version ingame has a different front (facelift). It need small work, but than the Fabia Supercar could be possible. 
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (hatchback). This car was in DiRT Rally.
- VW Polo Rallycross (Marklund). This car was in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4.

RX - Projekt E
The STARD MK8 Fiesta will be in the season 4 DLC. This is the same car model as the Projekt E. Although the car looks pretty much the same, there are quite some differences.
- Exterior, The side and rear has no cooling holes. Also there is no "hole" for te exhaust in the rear bumper.
- Interior, This might need the biggest adjustments, as for example the engine, transmission, fuel cell, cooling are all replaced with electrics. 

Landrush
Landrush was featured in DiRT 4 and pretty "easy" to convert to DiRT Rally 2.0 Although I also don't think the priority will be here. Also if this would be DLC I don't think this will be sold well. But in the end this could be a nice "free add-on".

RX - Locations
- Belgium - Spa. Already in Codemasters in F1 games. So a lot of assets can be used from that. Although the RX arena still needs to be completly made. 
- Germany - Hockenheim. Same as Spa, although it probably will be less work to do Hockenheim than Spa.
- Turkey - Istanbul Park. The last Codemasters game (if i'm right) that featured this track was GRID Autosport. This was on the previous gen and maybe not completly up to standards for now. But it is probably easier that a complete new track.
- USA - Circuit of the Americas. This track is in 2019. Similar to Hockenheim, it will need less adjustments than Spa or Belgium. 

RX - Locations variations
In DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 the RX locations had some more different lay-outs. Some of them were really good, so maybe they will return in an update. But imo I rather have better AI for the current available lay-outs than more track lay-outs. 

Monza Rally Show
The F1 games already have the Monza track. Maybe with some adjustments the (popular) Monza Rally Show event can be integrated into the game. Still a lot of things need to be created as the rally takes also place on the old oval and some other small parts next to the track. The Monza Rally Show has 5 "stages" although it seems it are all similar but with different starting points and variants. Some onboard can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rallylink09/videos

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Dynamic weather system from DiRT 4

I´m not a fan of dynamic weather. The result will be, that most of the events starts with sunny and ends with rainy weather...or the other way.

That is a big critical point for example in WRC8 (I´m not an owner of it but informed)

44 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

I´m not a fan of dynamic weather. The result will be, that most of the events starts with sunny and ends with rainy weather...or the other way.

That is a big critical point for example in WRC8 (I´m not an owner of it but informed)

In DiRT 4 this was one of the best features imo. 

A video of mine, where in Sweden the intensity of the fog changes during the stage

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1