Jump to content Jump to content

Rallycross

bogani

Let's talk some about this as I'm really psyched about getting proper(?) rallycross with real circuits in a game!

I think we can get some spectacular races online as this is a Quick intense form of motorsport. And then we have the joker lap that can mix things up.

I hope there will be some different classes, 4WD, FWD and RWD.

I also hope that we get a manual actual start as the start is so important. It'll be boring if everyone can just have first gear, keep the revs up and the timer decide when everyone takes off. I want an actual green light, and if you are too eager you will get a false start. Two false starts and you're out. I know it can be a potential problem with too many restarts though.

bogani said:

Let's talk some about this as I'm really psyched about getting proper(?) rallycross with real circuits in a game!

Ha, glad it's not just me! The return of "proper" rallying is great but, equally, I want to see real rallycross represented in a game as well. 
bogani said:

I also hope that we get a manual actual start as the start is so important. It'll be boring if everyone can just have first gear, keep the revs up and the timer decide when everyone takes off. I want an actual green light, and if you are too eager you will get a false start. Two false starts and you're out. I know it can be a potential problem with too many restarts though.

It would be incredible if they included proper starts and full launch control settings for the rallycross cars. I know its a consideration for the rallycross Supercars drivers in real life, so it would be great to have that as part of the start procedure. 

I suspect it will be just be rallycross Supercars included: fingers crossed for Touring Cars and Super 1600 at a later date though!

We were shown some rallycross content back in October last year (and the guys who went in February may have seen more). Don't know if I have clearance from @justbiglee to discuss it though...

tbtstt said:
bogani said:

Ha, glad it's not just me! The return of "proper" rallying is great but, equally, I want to see real rallycross represented in a game as well. 
bogani said:

It would be incredible if they included proper starts and full launch control settings for the rallycross cars. I know its a consideration for the rallycross Supercars drivers in real life, so it would be great to have that as part of the start procedure. 

I suspect it will be just be rallycross Supercars included: fingers crossed for Touring Cars and Super 1600 at a later date though!

We were shown some rallycross content back in October last year (and the guys who went in February may have seen more). Don't know if I have clearance from @justbiglee to discuss it though...
Yeah hopefully we'll see more types of Rallycross cars, think DiRT 3 only had two disciplines RX & Rallycross and can't remember the game having fwd cars.

I can't wait for the RX content too! A-sync multiplayer is brilliant for the rally mode, but I'm also a big fan of rubbing paint :)

I didn't get to try RX stuff in February, but the plans are exciting.

I have no clue what cars will be available, but my hope is that a decent selection of Supercars and RX Lites as the support championship.

Throw in some classic, real RX tracks, manual launches and good collision physics and the RX mode will be just as well received as the v0.3 Early Access launch content :)

Throw in some classic, real RX tracks, manual launches and good collision physics and the RX mode will be just as well received as the v0.3 Early Access launch content :)
I would love to see classic Group B rallycross cars in game, but in proper period rallycross specification, not just the Group B rally cars available for use in rallycross (as they were in DiRT 3).

I'm thinking Martin Schanche's 600+ BHP RS200E2, Will Gollop's bi-turbo 6R4, Matti Alamaki's 205... would be amazing to see them all in game!

If you look at, Profile then open Game Preferences there is indeed a Manual Launch Control option, either on or off.
"On means the Handbrake must be held and then released at the greenlight. Jump starts will be penalized."
"Off will automatically let the vehicle start after the countdown but it is a slower starting method."

On adds 1% to any rewards as well :D So thats 1 off yer wishlist.

Didn't play so much RC in D3 thanks to all the masses of crash to pass nutters that any session with Flashbacks seemed to attract, so I spent most of my time throwing the Mini Gymkhana about in the free roam arena pulling of insane stunts. or in rally trailblazer head to head etc.

Loving this so far as it harks back to the whole era surrounding the Colin McCrae games, my only gripe so far is the weakness of the current force feedback. at least it IS being looked at and as the full team are still all beavering away on the games additions for the future any problems will most likely be fixed and patched much faster as well (unlike GAS with it's never appearing fix for car upgrades doing nothing at all, or the months long wait some players had with the corrupted saves many were hit by).

I just hope that there is some sort of penalty that stops people crashing others to pass. I know on a lot of other codemasters games there is a lot of advantage and little disadvantage to going to fast into a corner on the inside and using the AI or other player to slow you down and turn sharper. A very punishing damage system and time penalties might work.

The rally is amazing though so I'm sure they will be able to figure it out.

I can't wait for the RX content too! A-sync multiplayer is brilliant for the rally mode, but I'm also a big fan of rubbing paint :)

I didn't get to try RX stuff in February, but the plans are exciting.

I have no clue what cars will be available, but my hope is that a decent selection of Supercars and RX Lites as the support championship.

tbtstt said:
I would love to see classic Group B rallycross cars in game, but in proper period rallycross specification, not just the Group B rally cars available for use in rallycross (as they were in DiRT 3).

I'm thinking Martin Schanche's 600+ BHP RS200E2, Will Gollop's bi-turbo 6R4, Matti Alamaki's 205... would be amazing to see them all in game!
Here's the car list including Rallycross 

Car list

I just hope that there is some sort of penalty that stops people crashing others to pass. I know on a lot of other codemasters games there is a lot of advantage and little disadvantage to going to fast into a corner on the inside and using the AI or other player to slow you down and turn sharper. A very punishing damage system and time penalties might work.
Include black flags perhaps? It's quite a hard one to gauge with rallycross though, as there is bound to be some rubbing, its the outright ramming they need to find a way to stop. Like you say a time penalty could be a good way to do it. 

tbtstt said:
Skunkmeister said:lo 
Include black flags perhaps? It's quite a hard one to gauge with rallycross though, as there is bound to be some rubbing, its the outright ramming they need to find a way to stop. Like you say a time penalty could be a good way to do it. 
It is a contact sport so rubbing is all part of the game. If you ram someone from behind to deliberately take his position you should get a black. 

Here's the car list including Rallycross 

Car list
That is not a car list, that is a guide made by Codies of the range and selection of cars they would like to be able to add to the game, but none of them are confirmed and others that arent on the list could end up in the game too

Great idea....  But they have a shed load of issues relating to just about everything,  that need sorting out before thinking about new content. 

You don't landscape the garden before building the house! 

• 2 weeks later...
It's sad to see the mighty, classical Lyngås Circuit being demolished, and then having this coming...

Oh well, I am not that optimistic to be fair. RX have complex rules, and I don't think they'll be implemented very well in a rally game.

Yeah. It's a shame, here's to hoping that Lånkebanen makes an appearance to rep Norway. I think CM said at one time they were doing official worldRX tracks after all.

I dont think it would be that hard to implement the rules. The points system sure i could agree with that one. But i think the most important rule they need to get working is the joker lap. Without that, then it wont be rallycross.

Yeah. It's a shame, here's to hoping that Lånkebanen makes an appearance to rep Norway. I think CM said at one time they were doing official worldRX tracks after all.

I dont think it would be that hard to implement the rules. The points system sure i could agree with that one. But i think the most important rule they need to get working is the joker lap. Without that, then it wont be rallycross.
The previous DiRT titles didn't have the joker laps but Rallycross was still a huge hit.

austinb said:
Yes, but if Codemasters are truly going for authenticity with this title, they really should implement the joker lap.
With Paul Coleman as the player's spotter?  :D Having a spotter in the game would be another point for authenticity, especially for those who play without any HUD, or don't want to keep watching their lap times.

I just caught the tail end of the Pikes Peak live stream, and they talked about what they want to do for rallycross: heats, semis, finals, World RX-style points, joker laps, penalty joker laps for jumping the start. Sounds like they're on the right track. 

yeah i saw that too, was good to hear those intentions. Im hoping the jokers are much longer than the usual part or an extra joker lap might not make up for a very early jump start. I could be very beneficial to jump to get clean track and make up for the extra joker time if the jokers arent very long (which i dont think they are)

austinb said:
yeah i saw that too, was good to hear those intentions. Im hoping the jokers are much longer than the usual part or an extra joker lap might not make up for a very early jump start. I could be very beneficial to jump to get clean track and make up for the extra joker time if the jokers arent very long (which i dont think they are)

Depends on the circuit how much the joker slows the cars down. Also depends how good the driver is whether he can manage to do 2 jokers and stay infront ;)

Archived