Sign in to follow this  

XBOX, PS4 or PC and steering wheel

Hello,

is it an advantage to play F1 2019 with XBOX, PS4 and their controller over PC and steering wheel. My question is related to the amazing performances achieved by some trial drivers.

Michel

5 hours ago, micheltlt said:

Hello,

is it an advantage to play F1 2019 with XBOX, PS4 and their controller over PC and steering wheel. My question is related to the amazing performances achieved by some trial drivers.

Michel

The pc will give you the best frame rates if you tweak it for max fps. Max fps gives you an accuracy bonus both in what you see on screen and how smoothly you can react to it. IF you have a good pc of course. I'm pretty sure the best times in TT are influenced more by extreme silly tunes and assists rather than hardware limitations. There are some great drivers out there who would be top 10 regardless of system, unfortunately the best way to get faster times is just to experiment with assists, use the horrible but advantageous tcam view and practice a LOT. 

• Agree 1

Pads definetly a much lower learning curve and due to brake rumble you get a better brake feeling and obviously turning is much easier in fast sections as you can go from full lock to full lock in an instant. Pad also has a steering assist for example got through the fast section at silverstone (spoon is it) before the DRS zone on a pad its full lock on yet the in game wheel isnt close to full lock. On a wheel you havecto be more refined whih can be slower I have found.