Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 UDP Specification

Hello,

I've starting adding support of F1 2019 to my app (https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor), and I've noticed that the m_lastLapTime; field is only filled when the driver is in the third sector of the following lap. Rest of the time it is zero.

Is this by design, or a bug? If it is by design, how can I get the correct lap time immediately after a driver crosses the line?

Hi All,

We're looking at the potential bugs that have been reported. I'll let you know once our QA team have investigated these.

I'm still discussing the name issue with the dev team, so there is no news on this at the moment.

Thanks.

Hello,

in Packet header, which size is 

uint      m_frameIdentifier;      // Identifier for the frame the data was retrieved on

??

HI

uint8       m_penalties;            	// Accumulated time penalties in seconds to be added

field penalties doesn't works.

i'm in race and i have 2 penalty time about 5 seconds

and another pilot has 5 seconds of penalty 

but penalties field doesn't have a value , always zero for all the drivers

all the other fields are correct, only penalties doesn't works

also after i spent my penalty at the box for the pit, the field is always 0

why?

On 8/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, SaschaFocus said:

Hello,

in Packet header, which size is 

uint      m_frameIdentifier;      // Identifier for the frame the data was retrieved on

??

This is 4 bytes. We'll re-write it as uint32 to make it clearer.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:32 PM, Oasis81 said:

HI

uint8       m_penalties;            	// Accumulated time penalties in seconds to be added

field penalties doesn't works.

i'm in race and i have 2 penalty time about 5 seconds

and another pilot has 5 seconds of penalty 

but penalties field doesn't have a value , always zero for all the drivers

all the other fields are correct, only penalties doesn't works

also after i spent my penalty at the box for the pit, the field is always 0

why?

Because Stop&Go penalties are not included in that field until you finish the race. Unfortunately, neither is available in any other field

• Agree 1

On 8/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, navarreitor said:

Because Stop&Go penalties are not included in that field until you finish the race. Unfortunately, neither is available in any other field

doh!

it's a useless UDP field! 

thanks for the answer

On 9/1/2019 at 12:20 AM, Oasis81 said:

doh!

it's a useless UDP field! 

thanks for the answer

It's good info, but not the best possible

Sometimes yourTelemetry shows 0 even if is in public mode and must show 1

Also, I have doubts with left and front wing damages because I think are not available even when youTelemetry value is 1

On 8/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We're looking at the potential bugs that have been reported. I'll let you know once our QA team have investigated these.

I'm still discussing the name issue with the dev team, so there is no news on this at the moment.

Thanks.

hello, when do we get news about "driver names" via UDP? It is annoying and incomprehensible because you do not give explanatory information ...

@Faya @Hoo

Yesterday I test Public/Restricted telemetry with a couple of friends using my graphics (made with Simhub)

I did it because our commentator had problems I described before in this forum and, as he, I had the same issue. Several of the telemetry data that must be available when in public (I guess all of them) is not accessible and gives the same values as in restricted mode. I test this with Simhub and the Telemetry app for Codemasters (v 9.1).

In my test, perhaps I find a "solution" to have this data, but I hope you find the real solution to this problem: You can see in the video and see that when I wanted to verify that my telemetry was well configured (and it was) and I went back to the race (I was in spectator mode) suddenly it begins to work properly.

3 hours ago, Hoo said:

Thanks for the video @navarreitor. I've passed this onto the test team to get it checked out.

You are welcome. I forgot to say it happens playing the PS4 version of the game.

Hope could help you to fix that problem. 

@Hoo @Faya

Yesterday we play our Friday night race and now I can affirm you that Telemetry is only public if racers check their telemetry menu every time the game is started.

We use this workaround, checking our telemetry menu before the short qualification and then the data is available to spectators. If a racer forgot this step, no matter how his/her telemetry is setting. It works as if it was restricted.

You must check your telemetry menu to 'switch on' the public mode.

Hope you can fix this or make telemetry public until solve this issue. 

I want to store a history of where each car was at certain times, to analyze e.g. how the gaps change over the race and all kinds of other stuff. Is there a neat way to get the total time since the start of a session from a Lap Data packet?

- It seems that the m_sessionTime in the header doesn't reset when doing a flashback (and instead keeps just increasing), so it isn't useful for timing.

- In a race, I can calculate the total time by storing the sum of all previous lap times and using m_currentLapTime. However, if a lap is completely missing from the UDP stream (due to connection issues or whatever), the total time can't be recovered after the connection returns.

- In a qualifying, the m_sessionTimeLeft is good as the session time doesn't change. However, that time is only sent twice a second, and would require some interpolation for the Lap Data packets.

Hi all,

Some of you may want to know that I made a Python 3 package to support reading of game session data. The package includes three command line utilities, to record, playback, and monitor telemetry data as sent over UDP.

The package can be installed via pip:

pip install f1-2019-telemetry

The package is hosted on Gitlab:

https://gitlab.com/reddish/f1-2019-telemetry

The documentation is available here:

https://f1-2019-telemetry.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I hope it's useful to some of you. I plan to add a Python-based GUI for monitoring a live game session in the future.

Hi,

A note for the programmers who maintain the telemetry code / specification. I found a handful off issues in the specs as posted here:

• The Packet Types table should have the uint32 type;

• The field m_frameIdentifier in the PacketHeader struct should be changed from uint to uint32;

• In struct PacketMotionData: , the fields m_angularAccelerationX, m_angularAccelerationY, and m_angularAccelerationZ have incorrect comments. The comments should be fixed to reflect that the values represent accelerations rather than velocities;

• In struct CarSetupData: the comment of field m_rearAntiRollBar should refer to rear instead of front;

• In the Driver IDs appendix: the name of driver 34 Wilheim Kaufmann should be fixed to to Wilhelm Kaufmann, that's his name when he's encountered in-game.

Hope this helps!

I am not receiving packets for Fastest Lap, Race Win, Retirement etc. whilst spectating races. If I am racing in a multiplayer or single player race I receive the packets as normal.

5 hours ago, skoteB said:

I am not receiving packets for Fastest Lap, Race Win, Retirement etc. whilst spectating races. If I am racing in a multiplayer or single player race I receive the packets as normal.

Can you let us know what platform you are playing on?

2 hours ago, Hoo said:

Can you let us know what platform you are playing on?

PC

On 10/4/2019 at 2:09 AM, GioProductions said:

@Hoo

Are the F2 driver names for season 2019 updated in the Telemetry data? 

Thank you in advance for your reply.

These have now been added to the appendix on the first page of this thread.

Can anyone help with this issue i am having with my ios app. In the attached video you will notice the time and gear changing very slowly! This is in real time!

My app was working fine and then one day this started happening. I havent changed anything in my code from when it was working so what could it be?