F1 2019 UDP Specification

On 10/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, Hoo said:

Can you let us know what platform you are playing on?

Any update regarding this? 

@skoteB - we identified an issue with our internal testing app that was causing us to see this issue (the team didn't think this was a problem with the game itself). This is with our QA team to retest with our latest app. I'll let you know once they've had a chance to look at this again.

On 19.8.2019 at 20:26, Hoo said:

Hallo zusammen,

Wir untersuchen die potenziellen Fehler, die gemeldet wurden. Ich werde Sie informieren, sobald unser QA-Team diese untersucht hat.

Ich diskutiere immer noch mit dem Entwicklerteam über das Namensproblem, daher gibt es im Moment keine Neuigkeiten dazu.

Vielen Dank.

hello, when do we get news about "driver names" via UDP? It is annoying and incomprehensible because you do not give explanatory information ...

8 hours ago, GioProductions said:

@Hoo

Is the DRS failure also in the Telemetry data to use? 

If so, were can i find this data?

See my -in game- attachment. Thx.

20191025_004927.jpg

The only thing in the data is m_rearWingDamage in the Car Status packet

On 10/25/2019 at 1:35 AM, GioProductions said:

@Hoo

Is the DRS failure also in the Telemetry data to use? 

If so, were can i find this data?

See my -in game- attachment. Thx.

20191025_004927.jpg

No reply @Hoo ?

Does anyone have a similar problem, that each participant is listed as 'Player'? Is there a way to identify participants by steamID?

8 hours ago, DIV93 said:

Does anyone have a similar problem, that each participant is listed as 'Player'? Is there a way to identify participants by steamID?

This is from the developer of Sim Dashboard that i use

In F1 2019 Codemasters has Privacy Concerns and thus does not provide the names at the moment. Once they change their mind and names are provided they will be available in the app. They just give us these random Number Names right now.

Hi All,

is there a way to calculate live delta time of own best lap using data from UDP telemetry ?

Thanks

Edited by Drospy
More details

On 10/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, Hoo said:

These have now been added to the appendix on the first page of this thread.

And what about the 2019 F2 teams?
My app reads 49 as the team, let alone there is no team nr. 49 in the table.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:47 PM, EnsiFerrum said:

And what about the 2019 F2 teams?
My app reads 49 as the team, let alone there is no team nr. 49 in the table.

I've updated the original post to include these.

Can anyone explain me:

uint8           m_spectatorCarIndex;  	// Index of the car being spectated

When that index is assigned? At the begin of the qualification? Remains the same during the race? <

Thanks

21 hours ago, Hoo said:

I've updated the original post to include these.

THX.
I looked them up on sunday for my self.
Might wanna do your (app-writing) community mamabers a favour?
Keep the documentation up to date.

Hey Codemasters, @BarryBL, @Hoo

Is the DRS failure, what can happens random in the game, also available in the Telemetry Data of the 2019 game? 

In the F1 2019 game i see the DRS in Orange color (see attachment) when the failure happens.

I hope for a reply if it is available or not.

20191025_004927.thumb.jpg.382ec72c958b1127f2c3082d8455adbb.jpg

@Hoo @BarryBL

Why is Devon Butler (Driver ID nr 72) and Lukas Webber (Driver ID nr 73) not in the Driver ID's in the Telemetry Data?

We race against them in Career mode, but only see "Player72" and "Player73" when using Telemetry data.

Can you add them?

See here an example at the start of the Career mode, Butler on race position 1 and Webber on race position 5.

20191207_204429.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
Info added

15 hours ago, GioProductions said:

@Hoo @BarryBL

Why is Devon Butler (Driver ID nr 72) and Lukas Webber (Driver ID nr 73) not in the Driver ID's in the Telemetry Data?

We race against them in Career mode, but only see "Player72" and "Player73" when using Telemetry data.

Can you add them?

See here an example at the start of the Career mode, Butler on race position 1 and Webber on race position 5.

As this is a Screenshot of SIM Dashboard I'll answer this.
The names are not mentioned in the Driver Names List of the Telemetry Description in the first post, so I have not added them to the app. But now that you posted the corresponding names I'll add them. The next update of the app is planned for the coming week, so this will already be part of it.

Edited by StryderIT
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, StryderIT said:

As this is a Screenshot of SIM Dashboard I'll answer this.
The names are not mentioned in the Driver Names List of the Telemetry Description in the first post, so I have not added them to the app. But now that you posted the corresponding names I'll add them. The next update of the app is planned for the coming week, so this will already be part of it.

@Hoo @BarryBL

Codemasters please give us back the names in the telemetry. 
It's such a hassle for our race engineers/commentators to have to manually input the names of all the drivers into the telemetry app at the start of every race.

I know I can easily do it at the start of the qualifying and only miss a few minutes. But when commentating that isn't really an option. (Also cause the game goes to the menu when you're doing stuff on another tab) It's really bad that we even need an external program to get access to some very relevant information (e.g. penalties.......... really really bad 🙈)

But apart from that it's just so weird that you would randomly remove such relevant info from the UDP data.. It's not hard at all to figure out who is who anyway.. You just went out of your way to make our lives a little bit harder, and make it yet a little bit harder to enjoy the game. For no reason. 

Is that so? Shouldn't CM sent the data first to the Telemetry data? Because how will the apps otherwise know when DRS failure happens in game??

Since it's been a while without an answer I'll try again. 

Will we be getting the driver names in the next update? 

It worked fine in f1 2018. Removing that function has literally just expanded the workload of the people in the league who want to give the drivers relevant information, and the commentators who want to see who has what penalty. What is the cause for this huge leap backwards in QoL and user-friendliness? 

And lastly, the obligatory comment that half of those issues would also be fixed if we would just get a penalty tab in the spectator driver position list, and it is beyond ridiculous it isn't in the game yet. Commentators in every league are commentating rather blindly if they're not having someone in the chat who keeps them updated on the penalties. (And even then the telemetry doesn't show 5 second penalties which is a problem in and of its own.)