Sign in to follow this  

Liveries

Is there any way we can add life like liveries? Maybe using a paint program or some such thing. Is there any particular series licensed so all the liveries are already there?

Hell yes, would love to see the Blancpain Endurance liveries on the GT3 Cars, if those exist ofc. Which i really really really hope they do! Well except the Porsche and the Ferrari cuz of the exclusive stuff with other companies.

If people were allowed to design fully custom liveries (like Forza) then this would have to be policed (like Forza). As there are always some idiots who think it's funny to put stuff on their cars that breaks XBox Live rules. IE nudity, bad language, sexual and drug references etc etc.There are similar rules for PS too. People get banned almost daily from Forza for stuff like this. I can't imagine Codies having the time or inclination to deal with that really.

Plenty of other games allow community to change the liveries on the cars without policing. I am playing this thing on the PC not on xbox. I have faith that some smart person will be able to do it somehow and we'll get heaps of skins.

Let's not even talk about the blokes in UFC, Boxing or any game that let's you create characters and then make Osama or Adolf etc etc. Some of the sponsor liveries we got in the demo cars were cool and I'd like to see that more often so in multiplayer if we select a sponsor it has a pre loaded paint job and livery design.

We could perhaps upload images from our XMB menu to create our own livery. Simple as that :)

A livery creator would be superb but, failing that, I just hope they get as many real liveries in game as possible (and that all the "fake" liveries are kept sensible).

Not only do I think we're not getting any real life liveries, I think the classic cars will have the fake liveries on as well. Codies, I do not want to drive a classic Mini Cooper that is covered in Monster Energy logos and looks like something Ken Block drives. I want a classic Mini Cooper to be a solid single colour, with a white or chequered roof, and a number on the side. Please don't mess it up and stick all of the liveries we have seen so far on the classic cars

If it works like in grid, grid2, dirt series we can adjust the pssg files.
But the only one who can see the livery is you, and others in the session, who have the exact same livery and have overwritten the exact same pssg file.

If people were allowed to design fully custom liveries (like Forza) then this would have to be policed (like Forza). As there are always some idiots who think it's funny to put stuff on their cars that breaks XBox Live rules. IE nudity, bad language, sexual and drug references etc etc.There are similar rules for PS too. People get banned almost daily from Forza for stuff like this. I can't imagine Codies having the time or inclination to deal with that really.
without moderation would be a nice and wild part of the game, and would be funny have some bad language and nudity on the bonnets...
Or can be implemented a moderation system with racenet account and livery under approval, or some default wide range of pictures where you can use freely and upload the custom livery directly on the car ..