DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[FEATURE] Physic improvments, new ffb, new value of grip.

In my opinion, now Comedaster should work with physic and then add cars, track and other improvments. Game its not ideal and its need some changes like: new ffb, new value of grip (for more read "Too much grip !" thread) etc. Please vote and share your thoughts and opinions :)

I would like to add, that the topic mentioned by OP can be found here"
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5865/too-much-grip
A lot of real life video footage is provided, also in game onboards so anyone can actually see how phyiscs are off. At the moment the game actually supports lowered grip, which can be unlocked by following mickeeiemouse's tips:
"cars>models>(select you car of choice, mine was impreza, so '555') >tuning. inside here we have 3 default tuning setups for each country. open each 1 and change the tire grip value at the bottom from 'med' to 'low'

try it out, i think its much harder now, much looser feel to things without having to drive too slow"
This modification makes cars behave MUCH more like real cars, but what's interesting is that while mid corner behaviour is improved greatly, braking distances are still innacurately short. I recommend applying this mod to every single car in the game.
Thanks!

This is a hot topic, but try to look around in the suggestion box to see if someone has suggested the same thing before. This place will turn into a nightmare if we have a bunch of threads about the same thing.

is very important to improve that phisycs to feel more realistic. WRC cars and GrB need more HP ! and better phisycs please, it have to be difficult to drive

Physics is the basis the game. First Comedaster should work with physics.

Just to add to this, Lee said it should be finished sometime between Pikes Peak and Tarmac Terror