Sign in to follow this  

Sorry but last weeks update has ruined the game, now fixed by turning off settings...

Basically this was my favorite racing game, the handling, the feedback, the racing, brilliant brilliant brilliant.... Playing on ps4 pro with racing seat, wheels and pedals, just fantastic, loved the way the cars handled etc.....Then I get the update last week, think nothing of it, I only got round to playing it again yesterday..... and...What the heck has happened to the handling, the steering, the force feedback:classic_sad: the cars are uncontrollable now...

It`s the most rubbish driving feeling now, hate it .......I was about to buy season 1 with no hesitation but i was 50p short in my wallet on ps4, so thought i`ll get it later, that's not happening now....I cant believe how awful the game feels ....So as i have it on disc, i deleted the game, and reinstalled from disc with out any updates..... and the game dosent even work without updates, you get to the start screen where it says press x to continue, and nothing........:classic_sad:

At least i can sell it as its on disc......

Sorry but that was my day ruined yesterday, was going to have a great time playing it again all day yesterday....

but nope...

As far as I know, there hasn't been any changes to the handling, so checking your controller settings and so on would be a good way to start.

If you think this is an issue caused by the game in some way, you can create a bug report to the Technical Assistance forums (but remember to read the pinned README before you post, so that the team will have easier time figuring this one out 🙂 )

5 hours ago, Rik1919 said:

What the heck has happened to the handling, the steering, the force feedback

@Kaylos29 mentioned this, hope it helps:

22 hours ago, Kaylos29 said:

If you are not aware, the latest patch updated the FFB for the wheel.  It doesn't appear the baseline was adjusted, but two more options were added that really threw me off until I figured out that they had been added.

Wheel Friction - Appears to add weight to the wheel.  I had to turn this off entirely add it made my wheel not only heavier, but the feel became very grainy, like it was clicking.  This may be because I have the low end Thrustmaster TMX that is a hybrid belt and gear system.  The higher end belt systems might not experience the grainy clicking.  It may be useful, but I found it heavily overwhelmed the Self Aligning torque.

Tyre Friction - Description says it adds resistance to changing the tire angle.  What I found is that it did not affect force to turn in, but did make it smoother.  With all other settings at 0 and Tyre friction at 150, I could barely tell it was doing anything, but comparing it to all settings at 0, I realized the wheel was much more free wheeling with all settings at 0.  At normal settings, the smoother inputs became clearer.  I definitely find this useful, though it can slow down counter-steering.  150 was too high, and at 100 seems ok, but maybe still a bit high.  

Definitely glad they gave us more FFB options.  It would have been nice to get some warning before jumping in and wondering why my wheel felt really off and was clicking like mad.  Thought there was something wrong with my wheel.

Another unannounced update that may be subjective, is it appears they updated the car physics for the Super Modified class, or at least the AWD and 4WD cars.  They understeer a lot less and are easier to get to turn in.  You can now drive the AWD cars normal without having to slide or drift them, and the 4WD cars are easier to turn in.  This may be related to the new car class that has two 4WD (not AWD) cars.  I was annoyed to see the 2 of the new cars as 4WD thinking they would handle like the old Super Modified Lancer and Skyline.  They didn't, only needing the occasional slight slide to turn-in.  It was until I played the Super Modifieds that I realized this adjustment was to the AWD and 4WD system, and not just those two cars.

Yep made it horrible, i knew things had changed, as i had to turn off proximity arrow things again, and speech and music, all them things i had turned off were back on....:classic_sad:

Felt brilliant before driving, fantastic, racing was ace...oh well....ruined it, car uncontrollable. felt like you are not in control anymore...all over the place, force feedback absolutely horrible and rubbish...was perfect before.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

never been so cheesed off

35 minutes ago, Rik1919 said:

Yep made it horrible, i knew things had changed, as i had to turn off proximity arrow things again, and speech and music, all them things i had turned off were back on....:classic_sad:

Felt brilliant before driving, fantastic, racing was ace...oh well....ruined it, car uncontrollable. felt like you are not in control anymore...all over the place, force feedback absolutely horrible and rubbish...was perfect before.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

never been so cheesed off

Simply turn off Wheel and Tyre Friction and it should be just like it was.  Like I said, I turned off Wheel Friction entirely and now have Tyre Friction at 80.  I tested it with them off and the other settings like they were and it was the same as before.  I can understand the frustration, because I was frustrated too until I realized what happened.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, Kaylos29 said:

Simply turn off Wheel and Tyre Friction and it should be just like it was.  Like I said, I turned off Wheel Friction entirely and now have Tyre Friction at 80.  I tested it with them off and the other settings like they were and it was the same as before.  I can understand the frustration, because I was frustrated too until I realized what happened.

Hope this helps.

Thank you kaylos, Ive reinstalled the game again, did what you said....thank you thank you thank you.......Yes its playable again now.....

I noticed on dirt 2 wheel friction and tyre friction where there as well, i don't know if they have always been, but that game felt weird yesterday so turned that off as well.....

What weird settings they added, wonder why as it made the game rubbish, no control, horrible force feedback etc...

• Agree 2

Can someone to help me?

In this new update i can't to turn steering assist on because it very hard off