Hotfix for 1.18.2 Released- PC Only

Hi everyone

Hotfix 1.18.2 is now available on PC only. Please see the notes below to see what’s been updated.

• GENERAL - Addressed an issue where the game would crash for some users while booting the game. 

Please note that this is a hotfix, and not the latest patch update. Please use this topic as its discussion thread if needed.

• Thanks 1

Stop calling these hotfixes, please.

This is MANDATED to Steam users, we cannot opt out.

You are using the whole of the playerbase on Steam as guineapigs. This has proved useless with the closed beta, next to nothing you learn there is fixed in the (final) game code.

Use the beta option on Steam and PROPERLY UPDATE KNOWN ISSUES.

So this way, you may be causing crashes for users where the game has not crashed previously (people reporting issues from 1.18 to 1.181), unless you've fixed the issues with 1.181 causing precisely this issue for users prior to that update.

Waiting for the inevitable threads 'Crashing since 1.182'.

And great patch notes once again, it seems nothing was done regarding feedback received on 1.181 patch notes. 👍👍

Edited by steviejay69
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Stop calling these hotfixes, please.

This is MANDATED to Steam users, we cannot opt out.

You are using the whole of the playerbase on Steam as guineapigs. This has proved useless with the closed beta, next to nothing you learn there is fixed in the (final) game code.

Use the beta option on Steam and PROPERLY UPDATE KNOWN ISSUES.

So this way, you may be causing crashes for users where the game has not crashed previously (people reporting issues from 1.18 to 1.181), unless you've fixed the issues with 1.181 causing precisely this issue for users prior to that update.

Waiting for the inevitable threads 'Crashing since 1.182'.

And great patch notes once again, it seems nothing was done regarding feedback received on 1.181 patch notes. 👍👍

Agreed.  We should be able to opt out of these updates.  Mine was running fine on 1.16 and I didn't want to update and run into crashes.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It's true what @steviejay69says. A patch is a patch and a hot fix is a hot fix. Both should be labeled and treated different. Patches will have their own incremented version number and will usually only include several interim hot fixes AFTER a suitable period of live testing. Even Microsoft with their draconian windows update system allows users to skip hot fixes that may not be applicable to them. There's a long standing good reason the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies especially for software! 

I understand online players should ideally be using the same exact versions/checksums to prevent cheating, but hot fixes shouldn't normally mess with the version numbers! 

Sorry Barry, I understand you are the messenger here, forgive our ire with the dev team! 

• Agree 3

Well like I've said,each update or patch makes the game worse,

mine was ok upto patch 1.03 tbh, 

what i don't like is how the core of the game gets completely changed from day one release and I don't think that they fix anything, 

they change the core for pad users to attract more pads users , just look at ranked multiplayer,

which suggests they have a target audience of 16 to 18 pad users ,

hence on dayone release they want to attract everyone,  ,

funny but in all the years of buying this game,it's the first time I've ever been ****** off ,

this game stinks ,and Barry sorry my friend but you don't have a hope in hell of fixing this game ,

your probably being strung along like the rest of us who have posted about bugs,

,and your latest survey,how does that relate to f12019 ,

sorry stevie but I can't see codemasters ever fixing this once masterpiece of a game,

madhatters tea party springs to mind over direction of patches ❤️

On 12/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, senna94f1 said:

Well like I've said,each update or patch makes the game worse,

mine was ok upto patch 1.03 tbh, 

what i don't like is how the core of the game gets completely changed from day one release and I don't think that they fix anything, 

they change the core for pad users to attract more pads users , just look at ranked multiplayer,

which suggests they have a target audience of 16 to 18 pad users ,

hence on dayone release they want to attract everyone,  ,

funny but in all the years of buying this game,it's the first time I've ever been ****** off ,

this game stinks ,and Barry sorry my friend but you don't have a hope in hell of fixing this game ,

your probably being strung along like the rest of us who have posted about bugs,

,and your latest survey,how does that relate to f12019 ,

sorry stevie but I can't see codemasters ever fixing this once masterpiece of a game,

madhatters tea party springs to mind over direction of patches ❤️

Yes I agree with you, there have been too many versions of the game where promises have been made that progress will be made but the same issues are not fixed.

Safety car does not work correctly or seemingly appear with the correct frequency (you can't please everyone, but it is not that often it is deployed in the event of a heavy collision as wrecks are recovered by the game too quickly)

Track limits detection is still very poor and does not look like improving.

FFB is inconsistent or lost too easily.

Audio dropouts occur frequently.

Sessions hang or fail to progress (mainly online).

Online collision fault detection is unfair.

Career development weighting is incorrect, car performance is often incorrect

AI performance is subjective at best.

Now we seem to be moving towards a 'patch' regime that consists largely of new DLC options, hotfixes and no real changelog, just a vague promise that CM 'are continuing to support F1 2019 for longer than ever'

Tonight I upgraded from Adrenaline 19.9.2 to 19.12.2 (first Adrenaline 2020 release driver) and also Windows 10 18363.476 to 18363.535

Benchmarks show no significant drop or improvement in FPS on AUS & BAH benchmarks in DX12.

On the benchmark first run in AUS the game decided to switch from fullscreen to minimised during the benchmark run (a low FPS of 58 was recorded). Subsequent tests stayed in fullscreen throughout.

The installation of the driver failed in the first instance after DDU in safe mode, after running the AMD Clean Up Utility the driver installed at the second time of asking. 

The audio source was changed to the Display Audio from the Loudspeakers (headset via rear jacks) and had to be reset in W10.

Edited by steviejay69
additionals