Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

[Online] - Safety Car Deployment in Multiplayer

Because of the fact that we have already start this Friday a new championship with F2s, I will post every time that a SC should go out and dont do it, or do it (just in case). The conditions will be always the same: 

* Multiplayer sesion

* SC enable

* Colision on

* Damage simulation

* 1l qualifying

* 100% race 1

* 100% race 2

@Baku Min 42.30.  Balta_80 is in the castle zone blocking the track almost 1 minute.

Balta Camera:

Min 50:53

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Good luck posting videos everytime this happens. You're going to be VERY busy lol. But please keep doing it anyway, the more visual evidence the better! 

• Agree 1

HI @JuanCarMR,

Thanks for the video and feedback on this, makes it easier for me to take this straight to the development team. This has been added and passed on to them

• Agree 4

Hi @BarryBL

I love the serie, but I need some further improvement with the SC which is an awesome issue if its works properly, right now and since 2013, that is not the case despite I had post video testing year after year in order to help to fix it. @sloppysmusic I will never give up and I will continuous send here video testings each other week when we do the Torneo Nocturno race, of course, if the SC go out I will post it as well.

By the rules of the Torneo Nocturno championship every driver must record the hole session, so for me its not an inconvenience do post them later.

Of course, if you need some further information do not hesitate to contact with me in. I will help you in all you need it. 

I make constructive criticism.

• Agree 2

Hi @BarryBL

First of all, thanks for taking care of the users and this problem of an almost non-existing Safety Car at Multiplayer races.

Adding to the videos of the creator of this topic, I'd like to add another video of an accident where a Safety Car should have been coming out. This was at a league race in Spa, where five cars have been taken out at an incident after Eau Rouge:

Adding to this I'd like to tell you about something I noticed about the Safety Car:

I was having a practice session with my team mate and at the race (2nd lap) I slowed down for some seconds to let him catch me, so yellow flags were out for quite some time. Suddenly the Safety Car deployed. There was no accident or crash, no touching walls, no driver out of the race/disconnect or whatever. Just yellow flags for slow driving. So maybe for the Safety Car, it depends how long the yellow flags are out and not how many cars are taken out/how heavy an incident has been? Could that be a case?

Thanks for your effort and I'm looking forward hoping you will find a solution for this, because it affects league racing alot. By the way, in F1 2016 there hasn't been this problem. We had the Safety Car out when it was needed (usually). Maybe you changed something since that which caused this issue.

Best regards, Daresco

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Daresco said:

So maybe for the Safety Car, it depends how long the yellow flags are out and not how many cars are taken out/how heavy an incident has been? Could that be a case?

I think that this is the key for the SC bug, a crash is short period of yellow flag right now. At least the car should stay in the track or out of the track for at least the necessary time for the game to determine if must deploy a SC/VSC or not depending of the position of the car/cars involved. Also if the driver suddenly turn off the game, the car (solid one) should stay in the final position at least 5 minutes or so. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, JuanCarMR said:

I think that this is the key for the SC bug, a crash is short period of yellow flag right now. At least the car should stay in the track or out of the track for at least the necessary time for the game to determine if must deploy a SC/VSC or not depending of the position of the car/cars involved. Also if the driver suddenly turn off the game, the car (solid one) should stay in the final position at least 5 minutes or so. 

I agree, but this means the reconnect option must be discontinued. It is not helpful to online, as is the ghosting that destroys immersion.

In this occasion, I got a SC without nothing special in the track, no accident and just only I was waiting to the other driver and a 7 seconds of yellow flag trigger a SC without no sense IMO.

https://youtu.be/Pq7bKdzsU_k

Hi everyone,

I've just moved this to Tech Assistance and updated the title as its clearer for others to now find this post. Please also note that our next update will include deployment alterations to the Safety Car. This is due soon. This update has been designed to affect all modes within the game, including multiplayer. 

If people can provide feedback on this moving forward after the next patch, that would really help us know if we are on the right development path.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL is there rough indication for when the patch with updated SC deployment is due? is it a case of days/weeks?

i help run a league and we have had incidents where the SC should of been deployed which also could of altered how those races played out, also same situation when playing career mode too.

i understand it may be difficult to say but any indication woudl be better tahn nothing at all since it has been 3 weeks since the post about what is being worked on

Edited by cearp8858

@BarryBL please review that as well.  Thank you for the further patch.

Here are the conditions:

* Multiplayer sesion

* SC enable

* Colision on

* Damage simulation

* 1l qualifying

* 100% race 1

* 100% race 2

About this topic I have two more things to say:

1/ A SC went out in a practice season when I was waiting other driver who were pitting and I was slow down, Here you have the video:

https://youtu.be/Pq7bKdzsU_k

IMO a SC cant go out just because I driver do a 7 seconds slow down with any damage.

2/ In Hungary the SC went out in both races without a big crash. 

In the first race, I am going to explain it with one of the others drivers in the race because I had erase my video (I am ProDriver_ES, the orange point in the minimap). The conclusion is that I couldn't reduce the gap with the leader in a SC because I had an extra delta time (second one). Here we can see the sequence of the facts:

1.- You can see the gap between Xdiego (leader), Franxuxi +36.2s and ProDriver_ES +8s before my incident.

2.- at that point you can focus in the minimap where I make a mistake and go out of the track and deploy the SC

3.- at this point of the video, Franxuxi and me (blue and orange point in the minimap) do a pitstop. Before of that I had to mantain a delta time during part of the circuit, but later on the delta time missed and I could go faster and do the pitstop.

4.- At this point Xdiego pits as well, and I dont know if that was what caused the bug. Our distances were Franxuxi +1:04s ProDriver +22s and I could go faster as well to reduce the gap and put me behind SC. but also at that point more or less, I have another delta time to mantain and for that reason I couldnt reduce the distance with Xdiego and Franxuxi.

5.-When SC leaves, Franxuxi were close to Diego but I was at +23s of both of them because of the second delta time.

Edited by JuanCarMR

Hi everyone,

I've just added the 'next patch' tag to this one as it is something we have looked to address in the upcoming patch. If you could pass me feedback on Safety Car deployment and general logic post-patch, that would be great.

• Like 1