Changing teams - probably a stupid question

Hi there everyone, I've got a super simple question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me nice and quick.

I know that if you accept a contract from another team in the middle of a season, you immediately swap to that team from the next race. And I know that this also happened with the AI drivers until Codies introduced the feature to limit it to off-season only or stop it altogether.

My question is, if I set driver swaps to be off-season only, does that also apply to me? I was always a fan in the earlier games of only being able to change teams in between seasons and whilst I know I can still play it the same way by just waiting for the end of the season, I'm just wondering how global this "off season only" rule is.

I believe only the ai are affected by this menu option. You should still get your new contract negotiation happening every 5 or 6 races and without being able to swap teams this would be pointless. 

7 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

You can change the setting mid-career in the options, while loading between sessions! 

Thanks a lot. I expected it to be before you start the career or between seasons and I got kinda nervous. Thanks a lot.