Patch 1.20 - Feedback and Upcoming

Hey all,

Thanks for the survey feedback.

A big part of the feedback we received was to communicate what we are doing and more often. So, please see below for the latest high-priority developments for F1 2019 and what the Development Team is currently working on.

• Keyboard Binding Support (XBOX)- Thread-  We have a proposed solution in final stages of testing. This is due to be released in the next patch coming in January 2020.
  • Safety Car. We have some tweaks which are planned to improve the deployment behaviour which are currently in test and hope to release in a future patch.
  • League Improvements. Thanks everyone for the feedback on the new 2019 leagues feature. We are continuing to make improvements to this and are hoping to have some updates released in a future patch (Hopefully the January 2020 patch upcoming).
  • Wheel vs Pad Abilities- Thread-  We are currently investigating statistics within leaderboards across all platforms to track data and any circumstances where one peripheral has an advantage over another. Our current findings are that, over the course of a race season, the difference is minimal. If you have any extreme scenarios (track, game mode, huge difference in timings etc) that you would like for us to gather data for, please add it to the appropriate thread.
  • Logitech G29 Rotary Dial Mapping Issue. We have a proposed solution in test at the moment. Pending confirmation of these test results, we are hoping to release this in the next upcoming patch.

Please continue to use the correct and appropriate forum threads to discuss, give constructive feedback and provide evidence where possible. It is always being monitored and appreciated. Once we can accurately re-produce an issue, we can start putting in place the fixes (where possible) to issues and improve the overall game experience

For some topics, especially for some that create the most discussion with everyone, an update can take some time as more people from Codemasters will usually be involved.

Once I do have a note-worthy update on things, I will keep everyone updated with anything else that is high on our agenda or any progress on the above.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

Hi Barry,

welcome to 2020,

you said you were investigating, then ended pad vs wheel was minimal,

i would like to know who tested this because I can get you or your testers involved with serval leagues on the ps4 which paint a completely different story,

i know for a fact I can on a pad very very easily match my wheel lap times, yet on a wheel those lap times are extremely difficult to get,

pad vs wheel is not equal as they can go flat out thru high speed corners , where a wheel can't,

One of the communities and leagues biggest set backs is when we have a mixture of pad vs wheel in our leagues ,you can clearly see the difference,

i for one don't want to have a wheel only leagues but we might have to,

esports ,do they race with with wheels or pads as not that many people bother to watch Esports 

you do know wheel vs pad was equal on dayone release

( but i think that the biggest problem is the FFB from single player to multiplayer  ) #

thats in multiplayer ok,

as  for the getting the league thing to work I would not bother, 

most leagues obviously use unranked multiplayer invite only, 

the league thing never worked and it's too late now ,

and regarding f12018,  each patch you did with that game made the f12018 ffb better then next patch made ffb  with the f12018 worst and classic cars better, and all through the games life cycle that's how the ffb changed,

with f12019 , you just completely removed ffb for wheel users around patches 1.03 or 04 , still the classic cars ffb is still nice ,

many of the features work in PCARS2 and they managed to fix bugs in under 6 months and a much smaller company then codemasters,. End of the it's the people who work at these companies,there passion,

Hi @senna94f1,

Hope you had a good new year.

Regarding pad vs wheel, we have done lots of investigating with our testing team and through statistics in the game. What we can measure is the actual lap time and race time data, and the delta between the times was marginal. We have to ensure that pad players and wheel players alike can play in the same areas of the game with an equal chance of getting the best results they can (this is of course limited by other factors like player skill, consistency, issues in race like crashing out etc)

All eSports and the very elite players of the game use a wheel. However, we have to make it accessible to players who may not have the money to invest in a extra part of their gaming experience too (which can range from quite expensive to 6 months salary and beyond), or else that would simply be unfair to people who want to play the game. Players using a wheel and players using a gamepad will have different experiences and sensations with the game (I can testify this, as I play on both) and the feelings will always be different as there is so many variables (Pad users using less physical energy as they don't have pedals to worry about, but also feel less immersion).

The FFB has been extensively trailed by our testing team and myself, and we've not been able to reproduce the issue internally. As well-known, to diagnose an issue, we have to be able to reproduce it consistently and effectively. We are looking at another option which I'm yet to have an update on. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

@GioProductions

Thanks for the response. At this moment in time, I don't believe it is on the immediate plans for the development team, but I will be able to confirm the exact position regarding the DRS zones next week (people are still off for the holidays)

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the patience.

As I thought, this is not something that is in our development plans at this time for F1 2019.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bad news!!

The 2019 season is over now.

Sponsors, car liveries, DRS zones are NOT realistic.(Licensing?)

This is the official game, right?

Are these issues difficult to be fixed?

@BarryBL

Edited by wenjunyang1990
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Matching assist and no assist players in Ranked is ridiculous, especially in rain and 25% races. 

Tuning is flat out broken (leaderboard cars have the exact same camber and toe on every single track from Monaco to Monza).

Exterior cams being in Assists has been requested since the beginning, yet people driving from the cockpit are still forced to compete with people sitting on top of the car with exponentially better visibility.

Still no option for a virtual Mirror, incredible considering you can't see the mirrors in cockpit through 80% of the adjustable FOV range.

Those are very, very basic and fundamental things that need to be fixed in any modern "offical" racing game. Especially one that promotes to a sim/simcade crowd with wheels. 

Still not a single laser or even drone scanned track.  The Dirt Rally 2.0 team's courses are every bit as accurate as the F1 team's circuits.  Anyone that knows how long those courses are should be shocked by that.

All of these things have been asked for repeatedly. 

• Agree 4

Hi, please allow us to make a custom tyre selection for qualifying instead if the 3 current nonsensical presets.

In the F1 game drivers are only able to have a maximum of 1 set of the medium compound in a short qualifying session (which is used in the far majority of the F1 racing leagues). This is completely unrealistic, because in real F1 the drivers usually have 2 sets of medium tyres to use in Q2, where the starting tyres for the top 10 in the race are determined.

In the F1 game this leads to drivers ultimately doing a 'one-shot qualy' on that 1 set of medium tyres, completely counteracting the purpose of the 18 minutes long 'short qualifying' session. It should be very easy for Codemasters to implement the option to allow drivers to select any custom amount of tyres from any of the 3 compounds, with the limit of a maximum of 4 sets of tyres for the qualifying session, just like with the 3 presets of tyre selections that a short qualifying session now has. 

It would make the game realistic and much more enjoyable, while being very easy to implement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hi all,

forgive me Barry but why was pad vs wheel equal on day one release Senna vs Prost  psn store game version,

ps4 , t/300 ,

we meaning serval leagues  extensively tested f12019 on the release and over 7 days before we swapped from f12018 ,

i have YouTube streams clearly showing pad vs wheel were setting equal times ,

also the ffb was truly excellent before codemasters decided in there werid wisdom  from patch 1.04 to start changing core dynamics of f12019 so to make it easy for pad users to be able to use the f12019 game,

all these are facts which codemasters have ignored for months ,and in changing the core game it ruined the driving and game experience for wheel users,

you have in game advertising for fanatec wheels so are you promote people to buy fanatec wheels ,

,I personally would pay extra as a wheel user to be able to revert back to patch 1.03 which worked ,

also about the game being for 3 yr old upwards , who do you think buys the game ,

your treating your customers like 3rd world people , it took 6 months for you and codemasters to finaly admit on here that codemasters had changed the core of f12019 on the consoles to attract a younger audience ,

what that means is you actually stuck up 2 fingers at people who already bought the game knowing full well you had plan to change core and knowing they couldn't get a refund ,

whos to say this won't happen again for f12020 , 

a company is built on customers , not by telling them one thing on here to keep them quiet ,

lastly what bugs have actually been fixed ,

only one the helicopter hahaha 

have a good day sir 🏁🏎🚥🎮🎯🙈❤️

On 3 January 2020 at 12:00 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @senna94f1,

Hope you had a good new year.

Regarding pad vs wheel, we have done lots of investigating with our testing team and through statistics in the game. What we can measure is the actual lap time and race time data, and the delta between the times was marginal. We have to ensure that pad players and wheel players alike can play in the same areas of the game with an equal chance of getting the best results they can (this is of course limited by other factors like player skill, consistency, issues in race like crashing out etc)

All eSports and the very elite players of the game use a wheel. However, we have to make it accessible to players who may not have the money to invest in a extra part of their gaming experience too (which can range from quite expensive to 6 months salary and beyond), or else that would simply be unfair to people who want to play the game. Players using a wheel and players using a gamepad will have different experiences and sensations with the game (I can testify this, as I play on both) and the feelings will always be different as there is so many variables (Pad users using less physical energy as they don't have pedals to worry about, but also feel less immersion).

The FFB has been extensively trailed by our testing team and myself, and we've not been able to reproduce the issue internally. As well-known, to diagnose an issue, we have to be able to reproduce it consistently and effectively. We are looking at another option which I'm yet to have an update on. 

Sorry for 2nd  post,

ive posted on how to feell the huge diffence for ffb for wheel users only ,

go and try for several lap the 2010 McLaren , the ffb feels great car feels lively with pinpoint apex control ,

now try the 2019 cars , same track , the ffb is way off even in TT ,

,above is a very simple test , obviously you will need a ps4 and if your office does not have one I will provide you one to prove a fact lol,

• Like 1

Hi @senna94f1,

Does it feel different from car to car? I ask because the 2010 McLaren and the 2019 spec cars are very different in real-life and in game. Therefore they will handle and feel differently. To perform a test, it would need to be the exact same car (2019 spec vs 2019 spec) to understand any differences and pinpoint them.

As a note, the 2010 era of cars were much lighter, and would expect to be more lively and have more active turn in

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @senna94f1,

Does it feel different from car to car? I ask because the 2010 McLaren and the 2019 spec cars are very different in real-life and in game. Therefore they will handle and feel differently. To perform a test, it would need to be the exact same car (2019 spec vs 2019 spec) to understand any differences and pinpoint them.

As a note, the 2010 era of cars were much lighter, and would expect to be more lively and have more active turn in

For me, the F1 cars FFB of 2018 game is much better then the F1 2019 ones. On the 2019 the FFB is very light with standard car set up (i never change that) and same steering settings as on the F1 2018 game.

What i have done know in 2019 game, is set the FFB higher to have more of a FFB feeling.

The F2 FFB in 2019 is superb!!

I use the Thrustmaster T-GT with F1 add on, Ps4 Pro

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @senna94f1,

Hi Barry ,

i do understand that , but all wheel users have to go on is the ffb 

and in any racing game ffb is critical ,

the ffb worked brilliantly on dayone release with the f12019 cars , now ffb feels very numb ,muted ,

if the f12010 McLaren was so much better then why does it not out preform the f12019 cars , obviously in the game ,

for wheel users it's critical to have a good ffb ,  I  live stream all my league races as well as others ,

And  because ffb has been badly muted ,it has spoilt or ruined the players experience of f12019,

car setups actually worked on dayone release , they don't anymore ,

i don't come on here to argue or be negative or positive , I take time out of my life and remember we only have one life ,(no resets lol) 

every day is special ,every minute is precious , we can't ever get that time back ,

and that's the whole point Barry ,

people should not have to waste time on here trying to convince codemasters that the game they made f12019 on dayone release was truly a masterpiece , but now it's a horrible game to play using a wheel ,

thats what I and lots of other wheel users are desperately trying to get across to you and codemasters ,

i could write and post another bug report but it's a waste of time as others are posting daily for over 6 months identical bugs that ruin the gamers game experience , 

take f1.2018 , every update or patch it changed the ffb , one patch the classic cars would have great ffb and the f12018 cars muted ffb , then next patch or update the f12018 would have great ffb and classic cf1 cars bad ffb,

and that's how each patch or update life cycle went , we never knew why and it completly ruined the gamers game experience ,

take pcars2 , the ffb is excellent with all the cars throughout the whole game , it enhances the gamers game experience ,

with f12019 the ffb is bad with the f12019 cars , even pad users are now complaining the 2019 cars are too understeer and no grip ,

in the rain all the cars feels bad in f12019,

and you had a great f12019 game on dayone release , where did it all go so wrong Barry ,

All the best sir  and that's hope SMS Pcars can help codemasters produce high quality games for wheel users and pad uers alike , that's hope 30 million is a wise investment , so don't kill off Pcars please as you won't have any community or customers left , 

PS , there was a much much cheaper wiser option then to spend 30 million  , revert back to patch 1.03 lol,

ps4 / t300 / 

racing seat rig,

and occasionally on the PC with iracing 

Edited by senna94f1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

Hi Barry,

Please please please can we have the localisation file made available so we can mod the game for those who like to modify the drivers names and have a customized grid with mods so we can enjoy this game even in its second part of its life after that 2019 season has ended?

Also please for f1 2020 could you release a tool with the game where us players will be able to change performances of drivers like how aggressive how good on managing tyres,etc along with the ability of changing drivers name and nationality?

There was a similar tool released with football manager years ago and you could edit everything about a football player

Thanks in advance

Edited by AlexB88

Is there a way to retire a car in the pits? Some league races you must retire ypur car if you’re going to quit so the AI doesn’t keep drving around. Is this possible?

On 1/19/2020 at 12:14 AM, MisterJesus said:

Is there a way to retire a car in the pits? Some league races you must retire ypur car if you’re going to quit so the AI doesn’t keep drving around. Is this possible?

Hi @MisterJesus,

The optimal way to retire from session is to do so from the Pause Menu. There is no option to drive into the pit garage and retire the car from there.

Will there be any changes in the cars performances and team orders? like how the Ferrari engine in game is slower than the Mercedes engine when is was the opposite in real life? or how in career mode the Racing Point can become the top car with all the upgrades or how McLaren is ranked below Haas and RP when it was ahead of them most of the year? 

• Like 1

Hi @BarryBL do you thing that the patch will be out this week?

Safety Car issues are solved?
Championship Mode turned back like in F1 2018?

Thanks,

FMP ITALIA

Edited by FMP_Gianlucac88

Hi @FMP_Gianlucac88,

I have no exact date on the patch release, but am I expecting it shortly.

To answer your question, we will have notes on the patch and what it entails once the patch is launched 👍