Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Patch 1.20 - Feedback and Upcoming

Hi @BarryBL

Thanks for the 1.20 patch,will this be the last patch for f1 2019 or is it more to come?

Thanks

On 2/1/2020 at 11:00 PM, RickFlare96 said:

@BarryBL,

Will there be an update on team performance and liveries in the next patch?

Hi Rick,

There are no plans to update the team performance and liveries for F1 2019.

I hope this is the right place for this (I'm new here so I might be wrong)

Is there any chance to have an option for frequency of driver transfers? Ever since the update that changed them (1.15 I believe), I haven't had a single one (I was halfway through Season 2, I'm almost done with Season 4 now). I personally liked having some more chaotic ones, but I get other people don't like that, so I wish there was an option. So I was just wondering if there's any possibility of an option being added?

Hi @LabonteFan

Welcome to the forums!

In terms of editing the driver frequency, the option for this would be in the start screen in between session.

20200205091950_1.jpg

You can edit the 'Game Settings' in Career for Driver Transfers to be 'On', 'Out Of Season Only' so it only happens when a new season begins, and 'Off'.

Yes I know, I made sure to have driver transfers set to "on", I just find it weird how I haven't had a driver transfer ever since this option was added. Maybe I just got unlucky at the end of Season 3.

Thanks for the answer!

Hi @BarryBL I’ve only recently got a PS4 and the first game I wanted was F1 2019. I do like the game but I have a major gripe with the fact that the ai never make a mistake. They never run wide, they never spin and they never crash. This is very unrealistic and I know from various posts on several sites I’m not the only one with this problem. 

I’ve completed a full season on 100% race distance with full length practice and qualifying and I’m the only one whose crashed. That approximately 140 hours of running time and not one crash. Also I’ve never had a major car problem. Only the occasional leak while sat in the pits or a drs failure. In real life things sometimes break at random but not my car it seems.

I was thinking back to the first f1 game I had as a kid, it was MicroProse Grand Prix on the Atari. That game had it all, random breakdowns, random tyre failures, ai running wide, ai crashing either alone or with each other.

Yes F1 2019 has by far the better graphics and the car handling is way more realistic but in terms of ai performance and realism I’m afraid F1 2019 is well and truly beaten by a game released in the early 90’s.

You say you need to be able to recreate the problem, well, that’s easy, load the game drive a race and count how many times the ai make a mistake. 

I really hope you can get some answer on why this is the case and when it will be sorted as I really want to love this game but I can’t while it’s so unrealistic.

Hi @wooody120,

Thanks for the feedback.

With regards to AI behaviour, it is something that is under investigation with the developers for future titles, as it has been mentioned by others users

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @wooody120,

Thanks for the feedback.

With regards to AI behaviour, it is something that is under investigation with the developers for future titles, as it has been mentioned by others users

Do you mean next games or next patches? 🙂

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @wooody120,

Thanks for the feedback.

@BarryBL

So that means they can’t fix this problem and we’ve got to wait for 2020 to get the game we wanted. Even though from what I read online there is a mod for the pc version that solves the ai problem. How can someone in there spare time do a better job than people payed a full time wage to fix problems.

i don’t want to just moan but I’m very disappointed that this can’t be fixed.

I would like to update my earlier issue on differential adjustment

The differential is not adjusted during driving. At circuit USA.final section it  is critical for controller users to have the differential to be set so you dont over steer since 1.20/1.21 this is impossible to manage

Is anyone else having this issue?

29 minutes ago, OttoMattic210 said:

I have noticed realistic crashes you must have simulation damage on.

Ye I’ve got damage set to simulation but still not a single air crash in over a season of racing. From what I’ve read you do get ai crashes on pc but not on PS4. 

21 minutes ago, OttoMattic210 said:

@I would like to update my earlier issue on differential adjustment

The differential is not adjusted during driving. At circuit USA.final section it  is critical for controller users to have the differential to be set so you dont over steer since 1.20/1.21 this is impossible to manage

Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi @OttoMattic210,

The differential still changes and adjusts according to your request, it is just there is no on-wheel animation. 

Regarding this issue, please keep it onto the correct thread 👍

11 minutes ago, wooody120 said:

Ye I’ve got damage set to simulation but still not a single air crash in over a season of racing. From what I’ve read you do get ai crashes on pc but not on PS4. 

I usually only play the single player create your own grand prix. Now that you have gone thru career try that. As an example I have seen hamilton t-bone vettle in japan after vettle was run off the road by verstappen also are your races set to 50% and higher?

6 minutes ago, OttoMattic210 said:

I usually only play the single player create your own grand prix. Now that you have gone thru career try that. As an example I have seen hamilton t-bone vettle in japan after vettle was run off the road by verstappen also are your races set to 50% and higher?

I will try a one off go and see what I get. I’ve only played career mode so I’ve can compete in a championship. I use full length practice and qually and 100% race. I like realism although I do use the assists because I’m not very good 😂

2 minutes ago, wooody120 said:

I will try a one off go and see what I get. I’ve only played career mode so I’ve can compete in a championship. I use full length practice and qually and 100% race. I like realism although I do use the assists because I’m not very good 😂

Make sure you have sim damage on. this way even the slightest bump between to Ai drivers cause chaos. Not every race will have this happen. I use a controller ergo some assists. 

14 hours ago, OttoMattic210 said:

Make sure you have sim damage on. this way even the slightest bump between to Ai drivers cause chaos. Not every race will have this happen. I use a controller ergo some assists.

I have 50% length and sim damage on with difficulty is 70 in career mode, but AI still boring and make no crashes and don't run wide.

Edited by Enlate

1 hour ago, Enlate said:

I have 50% length and sim damage on with difficulty is 70 in career mode, but AI still boring and make no crashes and don't run wide.

Try 85% difficulty. You arent getting any crashes? It isnt going to happen every race although something should happen sometimes. Try japan,mexico or monte carlo. Also in career mode crashes almost never happen. I think and sorry to say Grosjean or Kubica should cause at least one incident 20% of the time Watch top ten f1 crashes 2019. Hamilton, Bottas, some of the best just spinout at least 1 race a year.

I think the game developers along with the drivers do not want there to be to much focus on crashes thats why no one ever gets injured in Codemasters F1 Land. They should at least have cranes pick the cars up instead of just vanishing cool for the replay. 

1 hour ago, OttoMattic210 said:

Try 85% difficulty. You arent getting any crashes? It isnt going to happen every race although something should happen sometimes. Try japan,mexico or monte carlo. Also in career mode crashes almost never happen. I think and sorry to say Grosjean or Kubica should cause at least one incident 20% of the time Watch top ten f1 crashes 2019. Hamilton, Bottas, some of the best just spinout at least 1 race a year.

I think the game developers along with the drivers do not want there to be to much focus on crashes thats why no one ever gets injured in Codemasters F1 Land. They should at least have cranes pick the cars up instead of just vanishing cool for the replay. 

I saw just one for all time on all patches in Japan, really. I don't play Monaco because dislike it and i'm the one and only reason for crash 😄, on another tracks i can't see any crashes.

I'll try 85% but it's too hard for me

4 hours ago, Enlate said:

I saw just one for all time on all patches in Japan, really. I don't play Monaco because dislike it and i'm the one and only reason for crash 😄, on another tracks i can't see any crashes.

I'll try 85% but it's too hard for me

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but i had to completely start from scratch and reinstall the game from vs 1.05 to 1.21.  The drivers are really agressive at 85+ hard but fun. Might take 5th alot.