DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[FEATURE] Mod Support

OK! Keeping the choices fairly straight forward.

Support for liveries ... templates including base colour, wire-frame and masking layers. Plus, whatever else is required to make it happen in game.

Car & track editor ... thinking something like Assetto Corsa's KsEditor. Design the car or track within your favourite 3D modeling software, save & import into the editor for finishing, then save ready for use in game!?

I will say track editor too, if someone does a Rally America event, and done properly.

Definitely want to see some support for modding. I think the first logical step would be the Steam Workshop for livery needs. I'm not so keen on the idea of downloadable cars because they would need to be seriously screened to prevent exploiting the game. A track editor would be pretty cool provided that people will have the ability to make well done stages, not just an empty barren track.

We should probably get some of the modders like @hoonhead to weigh in on what they think as far as implementation goes.

Give us Modding and we give you the opportunity that Dirt Rally will be the best Rally sin ever !!!!!

mods and  tracks editor fo course, i think that for the simulator be will a long live, is necessary that modding comunity have possibility to create a news stages. is the future for a long time live for a simulator.

If the second option was taken into consideration, farewell RBR completely then hello DiRT!

Modding is the life blood of any sim.
How ever it can be a mixed bag , the best modder create brilliant ad-dons.
The worst can ruin you game or brake it.
But modding needs to be controlled to stop people ripping content from other games like Forza or Shift.
This as happened in AC to the point of AC issuing statement to condemn  such actions.
On the plus side modders are brilliant at getting licence issue content into games like Porsche with it EA issue.

I voted for livery mod support only due to it being far easier to implement and manage, but if they can stretch to doing the other things as well I wouldn't mind.

Codemasters guys need to understand what we wish is the standard feature in nowdays simulation.
They should ask developers of Kunos, why their Assetto Corsa with its built-in KSEditor so popular.
Even they should look at the old gentleman Richard Burns Rallye, that is still popular because new cars, new tracks comes week after week from the hands of talent guys.

A proper tool for import 3D object like tracks or cars, support for unlimited skins for DiRT Rally is a must have!

I'm not too worried about car editor but a track editor would be amazing. I couldn't image it being too easy to create on the codemasters end though. If they did it right of course it would mean much more tracks for the community and more people playing the game

Modding is needed... if we want a great title.

Codemasters please, give us a chance...
It could be legendary! 

I'd be happy with a livery modding only. I'd rather see the devs continue support this title after early acces by adding new tracks and cars, than them putting in a lot of effort in creating easy to use track editors. Also as mentioned earlier, modded cars can unbalance the game if not monitored extensively.

i would add physics tweaking unless this is inside track and car editor

Track editing would make this game a hit for the next ten years. Liveries are great and all but if we had the ability to add tracks... I could see the community keeping this thriving for a decade, easily. 

usoldier said:
Please this would make the game last for a few years 

I am not sure if this is what Codemasters want actually. It makes more sence buisness wise to sell DiRT Rally 2.0 further down the road. This is one of the reasons why I proposed subscribtion based model in another thread.

SamRWD said:
usoldier said:
Please this would make the game last for a few years 

I am not sure if this is what Codemasters want actually. It makes more sence buisness wise to sell DiRT Rally 2.0 further down the road. This is one of the reasons why I proposed subscribtion based model in another thread.
Or just continue adding content via DLC packs.