Sign in to follow this  

Latest survey should not be Codemasters' priority

The latest survey is about lobby settings and the importance of certain variables in lobbies.

With all the current glitches and bugs in F1 2019, this survey (combined with the lack of real updates lately) seems to show that Codemasters are not focused enough on improving the current game. Yes, @BarryBL keeps repeating that they will support this game longer than any game before, but if that means hotfixes only, it doesn't matter much for the state of the game in general. 

The fact Codemasters are working and partially focusing on F1 2020 is understandable. But that does not mean they can leave the 2019 version for what it is. Lobby settings don't matter if the actual racing remains glitched/bugged. The forums are filled with issues the game is having, please focus on this as much as focusing on the next game.

(The worst for me personally is, all Codemasters employees ignoring all that's being said about Safety Cars)

Customers are not blind, the state of previous games are taken into account before buying a new game made by the same developers.

Edited by psYchovic77
  • Agree 3

Hi @psYchovic77,

Thanks for your feedback.

In terms of the latest survey, we needed to identify key parameters that people searched for in online lobbies to make sure the experience is optimised for the player. This includes the remainder of F1 2019 as well as moving forward.

I do understand the frustration and the claim, and we do have more substantial updates on the way. I'm hoping to have a major update regarding key issues for these forums soon, covering a wide range of topics and reports directly from our Community. However, as you can imagine, there is a lot to these posts and I want to ensure that I get the best possible answer I can. These are taking time.

Please be patient. I hope it will be worth the wait.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @psYchovic77,

Thanks for your feedback.

In terms of the latest survey, we needed to identify key parameters that people searched for in online lobbies to make sure the experience is optimised for the player. This includes the remainder of F1 2019 as well as moving forward.

I do understand the frustration and the claim, and we do have more substantial updates on the way. I'm hoping to have a major update regarding key issues for these forums soon, covering a wide range of topics and reports directly from our Community. However, as you can imagine, there is a lot to these posts and I want to ensure that I get the best possible answer I can. These are taking time.

Please be patient. I hope it will be worth the wait.

@BarryBL

Maybe the fact that you need to do this at all is part of the problem. 
Where are the developers and why are they scared to talk to us? 

We all hope your novel will be worth the wait. But I do feel the few of us that are left have shown more than enough patience. The game has been crashing and desyncing on us since June. 
We've been reporting it since June. And we've got nothing till now. 

We know you're new. But putting someone new in a position doesn't magically reset that timer and as far as we're concerned we're still being ignored for 6 months straight. 
(And I assume you weren't forced into working for a company that mistreats its customers this way) 

If these things were finally gonna get fixed I'd expect it to be grand news (that one wouldn't wait over a month to bring out) in an effort to win back some of the players that have lost faith in the game. And this lack of urgency tells exactly the opposite: Codemasters is perfectly fine with the state of the game and we should all give up on it cause it isn't getting better. 

So yeah.. i most definitely hope it will be worth the wait. and will astonish us all with its openness, honesty and clarity in concern to the future. 
Hopefully starting by acknowledging the bugs and crashes and telling which one we can expect fixed in the near future. 

• Sad 1