Why persist with the contract system?

The contract system is absolutely shocking. In what universe will a top team hire a driver with no points in the previous year and just because the driver fancied it? It makes no sense and given the systems used on the PS2 games were more realistic and based accurately on performance how can the 2018/19 system be justified on a PS4 game??

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hunter599 said:

The contract system is absolutely shocking. In what universe will a top team hire a driver with no points in the previous year and just because the driver fancied it? It makes no sense and given the systems used on the PS2 games were more realistic and based accurately on performance how can the 2018/19 system be justified on a PS4 game??

That's the least of the bad design choices in career mode.

The old 2010-20xx (13?-14?) contracts were fine, and you would start with the slowest teams, so you'd have to battle for some points before you could even get an offer from a big team.

Although my opinion is biased to those old games 🙂 

Agree with this totally, hurts the immersion for me.

I guess the conta point is that it’s a game, and many “gamers” want the opportunity to progress through teams.

Personally i would much rather have a more realistic career that reflected what would actually be likely to happen.

Maybe and idea for future games is an option around whether we want a “realistic” career or the standard version.