F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters, what are you doing?

Well that's up to the developer as to how many accessibility options they want to add.  Especially important to note is that checking stats in this forum for how often something is mentioned is basically the opposite of proper polling/statistical data.  There are going to be many multiples of "this one user" who don't even play the game (due to the issue) or aren't on the forum that have these issues.  You just can't get a realistic picture on the forum unless it's something massively obvious like when we had Oculus + Steam VR issues etc.

Edited by bn880

15 hours ago, bn880 said:

Well that's up to the developer as to how many accessibility options they want to add.  Especially important to note is that checking stats in this forum for how often something is mentioned is basically the opposite of proper polling/statistical data.  There are going to be many multiples of "this one user" who don't even play the game (due to the issue) or aren't on the forum that have these issues.  You just can't get a realistic picture on the forum unless it's something massively obvious like when we had Oculus + Steam VR issues etc.

15 hours ago, bn880 said:

The person who started this thread mentioned those links as places where people discussed this issue in the game and that there are plenty more. But it's not the amounts of threads that count, it's the amount of comments and reactions within the threads that define if it is a widely discussed topic. In this case, it is not. I know there are plenty more having that uncomfortable effect but still the decision depends on the data the devs have and not the speculative amount of players/percentage that might be affected. 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant

1 hour ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

The person who started this thread mentioned those links as places where people discussed this issue in the game and that there are plenty more. But it's not the amounts of threads that count, it's the amount of comments and reactions within the threads that define if it is a widely discussed topic. In this case, it is not. I know there are plenty more having that uncomfortable effect but still the decision depends on the data the devs have and not the speculative amount of players/percentage that might be affected. 

Hey world record man, have you ever tried other more serious driving games and competing with other people or are you just good at chatting and convincing yourself of how good you are at playing alone in your room? I guess not because otherwise you would know that almost all driving games have the ability to lock the camera. And this is not about meeting all health problems. What does it has to do with it? Here we are only asking to stabilize the image for various reasons and in any case to give everyone the opportunity at any time to take advantage of a paid service like everyone else. Ah this male solidarity. Because of people like you, the world does not go on. A typical bigoted attitude.

Edited by orangejuiced83

7 hours ago, orangejuiced83 said:

Hey world record man, have you ever tried other more serious driving games and competing with other people or are you just good at chatting and convincing yourself of how good you are at playing alone in your room? I guess not because otherwise you would know that almost all driving games have the ability to lock the camera. And this is not about meeting all health problems. What does it has to do with it? Here we are only asking to stabilize the image for various reasons and in any case to give everyone the opportunity at any time to take advantage of a paid service like everyone else. Ah this male solidarity. Because of people like you, the world does not go on. A typical bigoted attitude.

I'm just trying to explain the situation from both a personal point of view, an objective factual one and from different angles.

What you describe me as, is completely the opposite of who I actually am. Your description can't be further from reality, about the skills I possess and my character as a person. 

1. Yes, I do have several WR's, which I'm rightfully proud of.
  2. Yes, I have tried plenty of OTHER serious racing games as I own about 20 sim racing titles (e.g. AC, AC Competizione, iRacing and R3E to just name a few).
  3. Yes, I have competed in many of those games at a decently high level but I was forced to focus on just one as my personal and professional life are still my priority.
  4. No, I'm not just good at chatting but much more and I'm also not convincing myself of how good I am because I know I am, as do many others.
  5. The only point you did get right, is that I do play alone in my room, when I do play, as I need to be fully focused to test, set up the car, work on my driving lines and braking points etc. for upcoming high level club events to compete with the best drivers in this game such as Jarod Pesch, Kryspa, Nickardi and many more. These are all people who competed in the quarter, semi and/or grand final(s) of the World Series.

Those things you mentioned about me are pointless in this conversation and have no purpose to get to the point you made after those lines. I do know many driving games have that option but that does not oblige the devs to put it in as well. The time they had, the money that was/is at their disposal and the amount of people working on the project/game, led to a priority list of content and features they were going to implement, and are still doing that today. The feature you 'ask' for from the devs, which is sounding more and more like a demand rather than a request, was not amongst the features on that list. That's how game development works. If they had all the time, money and manpower in the world at their disposal, sure it would most likely be in the game but that's not how it is in reality. 

And one more thing, I am one of the people that tries to make the world go around on a daily basis. I help those in need in my community every week without asking anything in return. I take time out of my day to offer less fortunate people food and drink. I help children overcome learning disabilities voluntarily etc. And for this DR2.0 community, I design liveries for others to download and install into the game for free and that in my leisure time, not asking for anything in return, always helping those out that have questions or requests and plenty more.

My final question to you is, what have you done lately to make the world go around and make everything a bit more bearable for those around you?

So remember that next time you attack a man who's trying to give you a clear/logical explanation as to why the feature is not in the game, make sure you know who you're up against so you won't look like a disrespectful and shameful fool.

I bid you goodnight.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I'm just trying to explain the situation from both a personal point of view, an objective factual one and from different angles.

What you describe me as, is completely the opposite of who I actually am. Your description can't be further from reality, about the skills I possess and my character as a person. 

1. Yes, I do have several WR's, which I'm rightfully proud of.
  2. Yes, I have tried plenty of OTHER serious racing games as I own about 20 sim racing titles (e.g. AC, AC Competizione, iRacing and R3E to just name a few).
  3. Yes, I have competed in many of those games at a decently high level but I was forced to focus on just one as my personal and professional life are still my priority.
  4. No, I'm not just good at chatting but much more and I'm also not convincing myself of how good I am because I know I am, as do many others.
  5. The only point you did get right, is that I do play alone in my room, when I do play, as I need to be fully focused to test, set up the car, work on my driving lines and braking points etc. for upcoming high level club events to compete with the best drivers in this game such as Jarod Pesch, Kryspa, Nickardi and many more. These are all people who competed in the quarter, semi and/or grand final(s) of the World Series.

Those things you mentioned about me are pointless in this conversation and have no purpose to get to the point you made after those lines. I do know many driving games have that option but that does not oblige the devs to put it in as well. The time they had, the money that was/is at their disposal and the amount of people working on the project/game, led to a priority list of content and features they were going to implement, and are still doing that today. The feature you 'ask' for from the devs, which is sounding more and more like a demand rather than a request, was not amongst the features on that list. That's how game development works. If they had all the time, money and manpower in the world at their disposal, sure it would most likely be in the game but that's not how it is in reality. 

And one more thing, I am one of the people that tries to make the world go around on a daily basis. I help those in need in my community every week without asking anything in return. I take time out of my day to offer less fortunate people food and drink. I help children overcome learning disabilities voluntarily etc. And for this DR2.0 community, I design liveries for others to download and install into the game for free and that in my leisure time, not asking for anything in return, always helping those out that have questions or requests and plenty more.

My final question to you is, what have you done lately to make the world go around and make everything a bit more bearable for those around you?

So remember that next time you attack a man who's trying to give you a clear/logical explanation as to why the feature is not in the game, make sure you know who you're up against so you won't look like a disrespectful and shameful fool.

I bid you goodnight.

I apologize for having misunderstood your message and attacked and painted you for what you are not. What you have told about yourself really does you honor, your altruism towards the most needy people is now a rare commodity in an increasingly superficial and empty world. I reacted in this way because of the fact that in this same post I was accused of victimization and exaggeration and I believed that yours was yet another free attack. Obviously I was wrong. Many times in this forum, I happened to support someone for a request that did not interest me at all and that I considered secondary, but I knew that only through the achievement of a certain "number" was it taken into consideration and, for this reason, I joined the others. I would never allow myself to negatively criticize someone else's request or complaint solely because that problem does not concern me, and moreover if it is a delicate situation. Unfortunately, this is easy for many others.
In any case, and returning to the game in question, it would be appreciable if they gave everyone the opportunity to use the same service for which we paid and, in my point of view, this should be a priority compared to liveries, achievements, etc. I find it more of a necessity than an addition in itself.
I wish you a goodnight and sorry again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, orangejuiced83 said:

I apologize for having misunderstood your message and attacked and painted you for what you are not. What you have told about yourself really does you honor, your altruism towards the most needy people is now a rare commodity in an increasingly superficial and empty world. I reacted in this way because of the fact that in this same post I was accused of victimization and exaggeration and I believed that yours was yet another free attack. Obviously I was wrong. Many times in this forum, I happened to support someone for a request that did not interest me at all and that I considered secondary, but I knew that only through the achievement of a certain "number" was it taken into consideration and, for this reason, I joined the others. I would never allow myself to negatively criticize someone else's request or complaint solely because that problem does not concern me, and moreover if it is a delicate situation. Unfortunately, this is easy for many others.
In any case, and returning to the game in question, it would be appreciable if they gave everyone the opportunity to use the same service for which we paid and, in my point of view, this should be a priority compared to liveries, achievements, etc. I find it more of a necessity than an addition in itself.
I wish you a goodnight and sorry again.

I appreciate and accept your apology. It never was and never will be my intension to attack someone or disrespect them in any way. I always try to be constructive and help others out to the best of my abilities. Sometimes what I say isn't what the person in question wants to hear or he/she misunderstands or misinterprets my words. It can happen but as long as we clear everything up in a respectful manner, we can all get along and learn from one another. 

I apologise if I came across as rude or made you or others feel attacked. 😉

Back to the topic at hand, I agree with you that it would indeed be appreciated but again it's all down to the priorities they set out seen from both a developer's point of view as a business one. 

• Like 2