Intentional Crashing - Ranked Matches

Just got the F1 2019 game for PS4 and wondering if my first ranked online matchmaking experience is how it will always be.

It’s a demolition derby. I’m getting trucked mid corner, other cars running through the grass hitting me on exit, passing someone in the middle of a straight leads to them side smashing me multiple times like it’s a Indiana Jones chase scene.

And the very very worst one was when I had to pit to get a new front wing. Person ahead of me presumably doing the same thing. I have auto pit exit on and the guy stops in the middle of the pit exit lane. I’m not even driving my car at this point. The AI has control over my pit exit and smashes me into the back of this parked car. The guy obviously did it on purpose as he immediately sped away leaving me crippled for another lap as my front wing was again rendered useless. 

Codemasters - is this what I have to look forward to every time?

• Agree 1

@RPMazing

i haven't tried ranked 2019, I gave up during ranked 2018 cause nobody knows how to races clean. I hear if u stick with it long enough & get a good driver rating the odds of finding a clean race go up. I only race the weekly events & esports events online. The trick is to qualify good, get a good start & hope u get thru the first corner before the big pile up. You have to get real lucky no matter what, everyone seems to think they can win the race in the first corner & are not willing to give a little to save their car.   Hope this helps & good luck out there. Oh yeah run 25% races too, 5 loppers are too short. 

• Thanks 1

Yes it is always going to be like this unless you choose 50% or full length races and don't mind lapping solo or with 1 or 2 other cars max. You could join a league for better results but be quick, there's a new game coming out in a few months! The game is tuned towards the casual gamer, and casual gamers sadly don't really care much about improving their driving skills or the F1 experience they just want results or trophies fast. 

Personally I'd make all online trophies ONLY drop if the player made zero contact with other cars during the relevant portion of the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Thanks for the reply’s - I did some 25% races and it was exactly as you described. Better but small grids. I’m going to look for a league too. 

Aside from the actual on track incidents, which to a degree I understand - shouldn’t the pit exit problem I had be fixed by the game? I mean if you’re stopped in the pit exit road, your car should turn into a ghost so people behind you don’t smash up their car. Even if I had manual pit exit on, I would have had to go in the grass (which wouldn’t have worked anyway with how easy it is to spin out) or waited behind the guy. He was doing it on purpose.

• Agree 2

I'm in this league mate but in tier f3... f2 and f1 tiers are no assists great set racers join there discord and they will you signed up the league owners name Is Brett. @RPMazing

Edited by smudger1982
  • Thanks 1

Get in with a good gang with safety racing S and you should be fine. It's a problem is getting into a decent sesson, if and when you find one. 

• Thanks 1

I was like for a week avoiding any crash, beeing the last at any race if neccesary to get my s license.

Now it's imposible to play 25% races because i'm always alone in the lobby...

Thats on Xbox, maybe PC or PS is different.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RPMazing said:

Any recommendations on a no assists league?

@DaleRossi? I know you've just switched games and leagues but your F1 league was ok wasn't it? It was just the game itself especially the ai you objected to? 

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, RPMazing said:

Thanks for the reply’s - I did some 25% races and it was exactly as you described. Better but small grids. I’m going to look for a league too. 

Aside from the actual on track incidents, which to a degree I understand - shouldn’t the pit exit problem I had be fixed by the game? I mean if you’re stopped in the pit exit road, your car should turn into a ghost so people behind you don’t smash up their car. Even if I had manual pit exit on, I would have had to go in the grass (which wouldn’t have worked anyway with how easy it is to spin out) or waited behind the guy. He was doing it on purpose.

What a wonderful idea it's been to not have rear wing damage possible in these games...

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, sloppysmusic said:

@DaleRossi? I know you've just switched games and leagues but your F1 league was ok wasn't it? It was just the game itself especially the ai you objected to? 

Overall, it was great. No way to lock exterior cams is an incredible decision by Codemasters, though.  The only thing more inexcusable than that would be neglecting to put tires on the cars.lol

I haven't played F1 in a almost 2 months because Codies has zero interest in fixing anything.  It was my first F1 since 2013 and it will be my last for a long time unless they fix fundamentals flaws. Same toe/camber dominates every track, doesnt matter if it is Monaco or Monza. Lobbies mixing assist with no assist players and that goes doubly for Ranked, beyond broken AI in the weekly challenges, no way to force cockpit cam, etc.

Getting brake checked by the AI in the Weekly was the last race of any sort in F1. Back to PCars.

Brake checked going into a DRS zone:

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Overall, it was great. No way to lock exterior cams is an incredible decision by Codemasters, though.  The only thing more inexcusable than that would be neglecting to put tires on the cars.lol

I’m starting to get the impression you’re not a fan of exterior cams... not quite sure though do you think you mention it a few more times in unrelated threads and topics just so we’re sure?😂

3 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’m starting to get the impression you’re not a fan of exterior cams... not quite sure though do you think you mention it a few more times in unrelated threads and topics just so we’re sure?😂

lol Sloppy asked what was wrong with the league/game.  I dont care if cams are on the moon.  There are just several fundamental flaws that they dont fix, yet they do continue to release $$$ holiday paint jobs, helmets, gloves, and race suits.  

• Agree 4