Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Annoying bugs still persist after all these patches

Pitstop bug is still present. Hungarian GP I pit 3rd and come out 12th.

Qualifying bug. I crash out of qualifying and Mercedes take pole and second in q3, despite being one of the slowest cars in my career.

I crash out at Belgium taking Saintz and Ricciardo with me, ripping off both their front wheels and smashing saints into the wall at 190mph. I look at the results and Saintz recovered from having no front wing or left front wheel to finish third and Ricciardo recovered to 6th...

All these issues were present in f1 2017. How have none if them been fixed two games later?

Feel free to contribute! 😉 Search for an already existing bug report and comment your experiences on it, so that Codies can find them and see more comments than if you'd create a new bug report.

• Disagree 1

59 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Feel free to contribute! 😉 Search for an already existing bug report and comment your experiences on it, so that Codies can find them and see more comments than if you'd create a new bug report.

Would it be an idea to have an official 'known issues' thread? This would be locked for mod edits only and would contain one post for each of the known issues with the game. This would of course be pinned (is that possible here?) so everyone new coming to forums could check it first to see if their issue was already reported. Would be kind of cool if despite being locked people could emote each issue /post in the thread so Codies would have an idea of how many people were affected by it or wanted improvements made? 

• Agree 2

I just wanted to have a moan. These bugs have been reported and mentioned in these forums so many times that if CM arnt already aware of them that is staggering. There are even YouTube videos that talk about these bugs.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@1512marcel @UP100

There already is one such thread...

It's this one.. and it's woefully incomplete i might add.

That's why the community went out of its way to provide for Codemasters what they're too lazy to do themselves: 

It's all here 🙂 all done for you guys. 
4-5 weeks ago. 

Thing is it has already taken you guys about 5 weeks (which is about 10% of the lifespan of the game)  to get to us with an answer.. (and counting.. cause we don't have it yet)

For some of the things in the list I can see how they're subjective and can be called (bad) design choice (Like there being no penalties in the spectator interface, or when someone totally destroys you in quali and you get a grid penalty to boot, retired cars in the pits driving out again and causing safety cars... I can go on and on) Although the issue described in the original post is obviously a bug that should have been noticed and fixed well before launch.. (one just has to play the career for a bit to find out)

But the most important things like:
'desyncs' (cars driving while the rest waits.. or just indefinite waiting, or the start lights being desynchronized) 
and 'crashes' (to desktop) 
and 'freezes' (When you're the host and someone leaves (huge freeze + huge glitchfest) or when you're whoever and someone joins the lobby) 

are a disgrace to the game. It's bad that they weren't patched 2 weeks after launch. 
It's bordering on the hilarious (if it weren't so sad) that these aren't patched now. 6 months in. 

last night I watched some of our 2018 league races back. and I can't even watch that **** anymore. so bad does it look in comparison to this game.. cars twitching everywhere and moving very unrealistic. Which makes it even sadder that the devs went out of their way to make it so much better (looking) But just didn't walk the extra mile to make the game actually stable, and thus actually enjoyable.

So, to end with a question to anyone from Codemasters who can be bothered to respond: 

How can it be that the stability of this game is not a priority? 
And if it is a priority, 
How can it be possible that it doesn't get fixed for 6 months and that we don't get told what is being done to fix it? 
And lastly: 
WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX IT? 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 2

@Bicarda In terms of the known issues, I believe it's an old thread no one has just hidden yet. The Technical Assistance readme includes troubleshooting for issues such as game crashing (from limiting FPS, to destroying hardwaresettings), Connection issues and Audio issues (such as no pit radio, no commentators or no dialogs).

As I said myself about that thread, it could be on the General Discussion side as it is not really reporting a single bug, and it's also giving suggestions.

I believe there should be one bug report for every issue, so that people can easy spot their own issue and contribute what one did before he encountered the issue. This is one of the best kind of feedback for the developers as it can give the developers something to test. I think this is how the majority of bug reporting sites work.

Games are really complicated, and community help is needed to find most bugs for that reason 🙂 

To be clearer, my post should have stated issues rather than bugs. Bugs need separate threads as it ties in to a support ticket system better. Issues are more design choices that are not bugs, or developer decisions that might not work as well as intended. For instance that thread mentioned earlier is even labeled as a PC thread, whereas issues actually affect everyone playing the game. 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Would it be an idea to have an official 'known issues' thread? This would be locked for mod edits only and would contain one post for each of the known issues with the game. This would of course be pinned (is that possible here?) so everyone new coming to forums could check it first to see if their issue was already reported. Would be kind of cool if despite being locked people could emote each issue /post in the thread so Codies would have an idea of how many people were affected by it or wanted improvements made? 

if they make such a thread everyone can see what a mess this game still is and at the end everyone see how much bugs are still in when they move to the next game.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

if they make such a thread everyone can see what a mess this game still is and at the end everyone see how much bugs are still in when they move to the next game.

Yeah, but if it was there (and UPDATED) it would be the one stop shop for people BEFORE posting a thread. If anyone posts something covered the mods DELETE the thread and refer the user to the known issues (KI).

The tracking codes added by CM to the bug threads were a step in the right direction but a formal ticketing system should be in place, only closed by resolution or 'not addressed in this game cycle' when they are absolutely sure it's not going to get fixed then it gets added to KI.

If people can't provide the in-game codes, proper platform info, then they get ignored / shunted to a dump or archive thread. Firm, but fair.

Tech assistance where it's provided on a user to user basis can then be separate from the ticketing system.

*****, you can have this MO for free, JFDI already....

Just because there are many known issues, doesn't mean that something is broken. I think Steam for Linux has around 1100 issues reported in Github 🙂 It just means that people are reporting what they see.

Some of my thoughts

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Yeah, but if it was there (and UPDATED) it would be the one stop shop for people BEFORE posting a thread. If anyone posts something covered the mods DELETE the thread and refer the user to the known issues (KI).

I don't think referring them to a list would be necessary, as we have the power to merge that thread to another one.

but a formal ticketing system should be in place, only closed by resolution or 'not addressed in this game cycle' when they are absolutely sure it's not going to get fixed then it gets added to KI.

I think using tags (as we can change them) could work well enough.

If people can't provide the in-game codes, proper platform info, then they get ignored / shunted to a dump or archive thread. Firm, but fair.

The ignoring part is not really a good choice as (like now) people will then complain no one cared about their bug report, so like always, the best choice is to link them to the README thread and get them to update their post to fit those requirements.

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Just because there are many known issues, doesn't mean that something is broken. I think Steam for Linux has around 1100 issues reported in Github 🙂 It just means that people are reporting what they see.

Some of my thoughts

I don't think referring them to a list would be necessary, as we have the power to merge that thread to another one.

The ignoring part is not really a good choice as (like now) people will then complain no one cared about their bug report, so like always, the best choice is to link them to the README thread and get them to update their post to fit those requirements.

The list is not for us.. the list is for the developers. Cause clearly the testers haven't done their job so we, without real choice, did it for them. 
All those things have been reported in seperate threads too. and all totally game breaking issues that need fixing right now are in there. 

Noone should have to report any of those bugs ever again because they have been reported enough times already. 

Also: it would be AMAZINGLY helpful in terms of bug reporting if someone from codemasters told us which bugs they are already working on fixing and which they are aware of so we dont have to keep reporting stuff in perpetuity.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

The list is not for us.. the list is for the developers. Cause clearly the testers haven't done their job so we, without real choice, did it for them. 
All those things have been reported in seperate threads too. and all totally game breaking issues that need fixing right now are in there. 

Noone should have to report any of those bugs ever again because they have been reported enough times already. 

Also: it would be AMAZINGLY helpful in terms of bug reporting if someone from codemasters told us which bugs they are already working on fixing and which they are aware of so we dont have to keep reporting stuff in perpetuity.

Lists with 1-3 sentence for each bug aren't that helpful though compared to highly detailed posts for each issue I'd say (as 1 report for 1 bug is basically the standard in the world of reporting bugs, so that people can suggest solutions, and ask for more information if needed)

Codemasters do reply to individual bug reports with questions and status updates when they have the time for it (along other things). I believe Barry is also writing a thread about Community Requested changes, fixes to some issues and so on, so look for that in the near future 🙂 

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Some of my thoughts

Fine, it's your workload. You obviously like repetition.

But think about if you were more efficient, you might actually be able to prioritise and focus on the issues.

But I guess the answer lies in the £ they don't pay you and the £ they won't pay to have a forum that supports the features and tracking you need. 

So you've been set up to fail, like those before you and they'll just replace you with other eager souls. Enthuisiasm is free, while it lasts.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Fine, it's your workload. You obviously like repetition.

But think about if you were more efficient, you might actually be able to prioritise and focus on the issues.

But I guess the answer lies in the £ they don't pay you and the £ they won't pay to have a forum that supports the features and tracking you need. 

So you've been set up to fail, like those before you and they'll just replace you with other eager souls. Enthuisiasm is free, while it lasts.

Well it's not really my workload considering no one has tasked me to do anything related to bug reports, so I'm not sure what kind of reaction Birmingham guys have to what I've been doing 😅

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Well it's not really my workload considering no one has tasked me to do anything related to bug reports, so I'm not sure what kind of reaction Birmingham guys have to what I've been doing 😅

Are you not merging threads then? That also sounds inefficient. Or was the appeal just the 'cool' badge? 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Communication regarding ongoing issues/bugs and what is done about it should be top priority next to organizing this into easy accessible posts/layouts. That will make everyones life much easier and restore confidence. Reporting issues/bugs however should be better organized too with an important role put aside For the moderators.

6 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Communication regarding ongoing issues/bugs and what is done about it should be top priority next to organizing this into easy accessible posts/layouts. That will make everyones life much easier and restore confidence. Reporting issues/bugs however should be better organized too with an important role put aside For the moderators.

Good discussion folks.

Good idea marcel, however the cynic in me says codemasters have had getting on 10 years to get systems in place. Communication is perhaps the worst aspect of codemasters, apart from the obvious irony in their name!

I admire the effort of the moderators and community liaison, but again, I have no confidence that there is a genuine desire to make a realistic and functional game, it appears it's all about selling units and making money. And so it should be but, if you create a good product, it will sell and make money beyond that of the mediocrity that is currently on offer. No doubt it will cost more but the chances are it'll make more too.

Maybe this time things will improve and the bugs can be reported, acted on, and squashed. Historically though this has not been the case and infact legacy bugs are big problem.

Perhaps if codemasters can produce a product that functions as advertised I will purchase, but I'm not holding my breath. As an avid F1 and motorsport fan and gamer I would love to be able to play an F1 game without the frustrations and bugs the games have had on this console cycle, none of which have been worth purchase after the final patch let alone at launch. For that reason I continue to buy second hand after all patches are done. With an eye on the forum I continue to hope that one day codemasters will get it right, and the game will be a enjoyable purchase. But at the moment it promises everything and unfortunately only delivers frustration.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Thanks 1

I have been long enough around to admit and understand your cynicism and I have seen staff come and go. One of the reasons for me to apply as moderator is having the opportunity of ventilating ideas on how to improve the efficiency of this forum and with that the possibility that issues/bugs get noticed sooner. The cynic in me believes that the perfect game will probably never be released. But I do believe that the intentions of releasing a good game are genuine. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I wish you all the best on the road to improving things. Like you, perfection I believe, is unobtainable. However with the communities help and some serious attention to detail a good game could be produced.

Legacy bugs are utterly unacceptable in my opinion. It would appear internal communication is as bad as communication with the community.

I hope with the purchase of SMS the simulation aspect of the game, ie physics model, car tuning, and track accuracy will improve. Moreover new hardware will be available soon and a new game engine also offers opportunities for improvements.

• Agree 1

Happy Christmas,

i think everyone is missing the point,

99% of bugs from patches 1.04 to 1.18 have been constantly reported by lots and lots of people,

there was no forthcoming fixes or even responding from codemasters,

so people started making there own posts with the hope of bugs being fixed,

now this is a fact from a lot of sim people who have tested and affects mainly wheel users,

F12019 Senna vs Prost 3 days early access was almost perfect,patch 1.03,

pad vs wheel was equal,

the game was almost a masterpiece and I actually posted don't change a thing patch 1.03 ,

codemasters in there wisdom and money grapping decided to change core of f12019 to favour a younger audience with pads ,

codemasters got us to still post bugs but had no intention of putting the game back to dayone release,

now Barry has said this and the mods in not so many words,🤐

you all must have wondered why codemasters didn't listen or fix bugs and this is really for wheel users,

15 patches and the game for wheel users is 100 times worse, 🎯

sorry everyone but the wool was pulled over our eyes and they won't fix ffb or anything related for wheel users ,

only thing that ever got fixed was the mad helicopter that was not a game breaker,

now tell me if I am wrong,

pad is so far ahead of wheel users that it's now a standing joke,😆

there exuses it a 3 year plus , kids ,🤓

and how do you think the core of the f12019 game was changed, by the patches , each patch was designed to alter the game to sell to kids with there pads who play bumper cars,🎮

and all the while we were busy posting about bugs like good people like we are,

thats the part that really annoys me and quite a few others, we were unaware 😇

i  imagine that codemasters were having a good old laugh at keeping us quiet,

and  I only think codemasters got 2 unpaid new moderaters so it takes the heat off themselves,( codemasters)  clever really 🐌

i could go on but once you find out the facts and truth it's pointless.🙏

You have broken me codemasters and you've actually spoilt the real F1 which I was apart of for 39 years , because of how bad and how you changed the core of the game behind our backs I lost interest in my beloved F1 , the real F1 ,🏁🏎🚥

Thankyou codemasters 💔

my trust in you is at an all time low , and you alone codemasters have done this to me ,🎖

i repeatly posted about game breaking bugs ,nothing improved actually f12019 got worse,📇

and I asked through the right channels for a refund which Sony told me to contact you ,

Edited by senna94f1
So has any bugs been actually fixed codemasters for wheel users,

@senna94f1 I agree software companies should legally be forced to give refunds if either a patch changes the release day experience significantly or a needed patch is never released to correct issues that made the release code differ noticeably from pre-release or advertised promotional material (especially if it's written on the box!).

BTW happy Xmas too mate! 

I agree. I wasn't going to buy this game but I based it on the state of the beta being better than the 2017 and 2018 beta. In reality, it was just closer to the final code. But we still didn't get to test key features / modes and there were still bugs in the released game that had been identified in that pre-release code, some fixed, some not.